Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It absolutely does work if you're dps, I make my own groups every time guildies aren't around to run with me. I get what you're saying, but I'm just not seeing it reflected in the reality of the gameplay. Are you going to get duds now and then? Of course, just as you will with any matchmaking tool. Are you going to have to wait a bit for tanks / heals? Yes, but again, the LFD tends to be a 15+ minute wait for the queue to pop as well.
    When you are making a group as a DPS, without tank / healer from the guild, how long does it take to compose it? Genuinely interested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's funny, I interact well with people in real life constantly. Work with a team on a project on the job? No problem. Talk to an interviewer or manager about a new job/promotion/whatever. No big deal at all. Handle customers all day? Easy peasy.

Deal with some pre-teen kid whining about my item level or something in a video game that I'm playing in my free time - time that's supposed to be spent on relaxing/entertainment/etc? No, I don't think so. It's just not that important to me anymore.
    Thank you, I could not put this in better words.

- - - Updated - - -

It absolutely does work if you're dps, I make my own groups every time guildies aren't around to run with me. I get what you're saying, but I'm just not seeing it reflected in the reality of the gameplay. Are you going to get duds now and then? Of course, just as you will with any matchmaking tool. Are you going to have to wait a bit for tanks / heals? Yes, but again, the LFD tends to be a 15+ minute wait for the queue to pop as well.
    The main difference is, that I can do something else in this time which can double easily depending on the dungeon I am looking for, if I just queue and let the machine assemble the group for me. If I have to build the group manually, I basically have to stay put and check the tool so I don't miss the chance of a tank or healer applying. Which is a bit futile, because healers only apply when a tank is in the group, and tanks only apply when a healer is there. My last attempt for one of the Suramar mythics had at least 15 minutes of waiting with another 2 dps. Then the shaman switched to heal. One minute later, we got a tank and plenty of DPS to select from.

I love my mage, this class is my main from the first day I started playing WoW, but I hate that this class does not have a heal or tank spec. All classes should be hybrids by now. I would surely power up a 3rd artifact (after having started with frost and then switched to fire) for a brand new healer/tank spec if I could. I have plenty of healer and tank alts, but I cannot find the time to play any of them... which is probably one of the reasons why it's so hard to find a group as a DPS class nowadays.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Seems like interpreting written text is a general issue you're having.
    What the hell dude. What have i done to you, which makes you so fronting. Its not like you are saying anything to counter my arguments or anything.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

people fear screwing up and getting yell at by assholes.
    avoiding drama
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I don't mind to play the game. But if the game has multiple difficulties to some aspects, then I expect that every difficulty can be used to transport story and lore, and the higher difficulties exist for people who want to do harder things. At the moment, many chunks of story and lore are excluded from difficulties which are open to everyone (as measured by their inclusion in the LFD/LFR automatic matchmaking system).

The latest game I played beside WoW (mobile game for the hours I spend in commuting on public transportation), I first finished the game on the easy difficulty for the story, and then started to ramp up difficulties up to "impossible", which is the only difficulty I play now with skirmishes.

I am not against progress. I just have difficulties with the pace of other people and finding people who play at the same pace as I do and at the same skill level. And I don't want to do hard difficulties all the time, especially not after long work hours when I have 1-2 hours to relax at home before the day ends.
    I do understand the need to experience story. If Blizz had hidden some really big story moments behind some mythic raiding bosses, i would be a bit disappointed, since i am not mythic raider, don't have the time But atm, there is not really any story hidden inside higher difficulties. Some people have gotten so used to being able to do stuff on normal, heroic and mythic, that they can't accept dungeons, which has just 1 difficulty. Now, your are bringing up having to do matchmaking outside of the LFD system and i understand that there is a big jump from queing in LFD and then doing personal signup in LFG, but if we are to have harder content, we have to get personal matchmaking.

We have been lucky, or Blizzard have been good, because there is no story in the current only mythic dungeons. Arcway and Court of Stars makes you kill characters, who might not even be there. It shows you nothing, which a trip around Suramar can not tell you. Karazhan is proberly another thing completly, but Blizzard might make it 40-50% harder then the current mythic dungeons, so having random people in the groups (Having it be part of LFD) might bring alot of ragequitting out.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

If, like me, you've met some of the Cartman wannabes who insult everyone they come across in instances, you'd understand a little bit more why some people have some reservations about doing group content.

Wow players can be fucking assholes sometimes.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    If, like me, you've met some of the Cartman wannabes who insult everyone they come across in instances, you'd understand a little bit more why some people have some reservations about doing group content.

Wow players can be fucking assholes sometimes.
    and the only community that i have seen that is worse is the league of legends community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sincere question:
    How to people who suffer from anxiety after being rejected in the group finder in a video game and fear screwing up function in real life?

I'm asking this as someone who struggled with social interactions in my youth.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2016-10-19 at 04:21 PM.

It's funny, I interact well with people in real life constantly. Work with a team on a project on the job? No problem. Talk to an interviewer or manager about a new job/promotion/whatever. No big deal at all. Handle customers all day? Easy peasy.

Deal with some pre-teen kid whining about my item level or something in a video game that I'm playing in my free time - time that's supposed to be spent on relaxing/entertainment/etc? No, I don't think so. It's just not that important to me anymore.
    thats exackly how im feeling too - i just have enough bs to deal in work to deal with someone elses bs afterhours not long ago i thought about joining guild to raid with in legion - took me a bit over an hour in raid with them to realise that no im simply not gonna deal with them and the atmosphere they had during raid - quit that guild mid raid as i cba to deal with certain level of douchebagery anymore - id rather level another alt then spend few hurs a week dealing with that guess im just getting old

The thing is that they might not even be a pre-teen kid, they might be very much like yourself, a grown man with a job and limited time in the evenings. It's just that the system is structured in such a way that if you, say, have ilvl 840, you say "have at least 840" right from the start (because everyone is so self-centered and so it is hard to assume the group is going to be good and so you do all you can to at least increase its chances even though ilvl is such a primitive thing). And after "at least 840" fails to help a couple of times and there are some stupid wipes and some stupid leavers, you end the evening, and next evening you maybe even put "at least 840 *AND HAVE ACHIEVEMENT X*".

It's the system, not the people. People are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    and the only community that i have seen that is worse is the league of legends community.
    Never played LoL, not into MOBAs myself, but yeah, I've heard stories...

And thanks to gonzajd777's post for proving my point!
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

I don't care to que much anymore because of any number of the reasons listed in the this discussion. To be honest I would probably run 5 mans all the time if I could do it alone with some followers. I know this is an MMO, but these days I do things alone and am even in a guild with just my characters.

i think an improvement that could be made in the LFG tool, to help at least in the aspect of wasted time, is to let people just list themselves as avalilable to do specific contents and levels of dificulty of that same content. That way, when group creators had to filter the applicants, they would view players that had already listed themselves and are suitable for the group. And the listed players would receive a notification when they are choosed by someone to participate in a desired content. This should alleviate the problem of having to stare for a good amount of time in the UI of the group finder, doing nothing but listing and trying to apply for things. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    When you are making a group as a DPS, without tank / healer from the guild, how long does it take to compose it? Genuinely interested.
    Anywhere from 3-15 minutes. As expected, once you get a tank OR healer, that other missing element will sign up a bit quicker... or at least that's how it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    The main difference is, that I can do something else in this time which can double easily depending on the dungeon I am looking for, if I just queue and let the machine assemble the group for me. If I have to build the group manually, I basically have to stay put and check the tool so I don't miss the chance of a tank or healer applying. Which is a bit futile, because healers only apply when a tank is in the group, and tanks only apply when a healer is there. My last attempt for one of the Suramar mythics had at least 15 minutes of waiting with another 2 dps. Then the shaman switched to heal. One minute later, we got a tank and plenty of DPS to select from.
    This is sort of true. However, the tool chimes when minimized, and lets you know that you have applicants, so it's not like you need to stay right at the stone while the group is still forming. If you have 4/5 filled, at that point you can (or should) start flying to the meeting location.

It's something everyone doing mythics has to go through however, whether guilded or not. I don't see the huge deal with it.

Anywhere from 3-15 minutes. As expected, once you get a tank OR healer, that other missing element will sign up a bit quicker... or at least that's how it seems.
    Well, if that's typical time, then I agree it is not a big issue. 15 minutes is fine - as in, there are bigger issues.

I got declined from a group. No one wants my class/spec/I-lvl
    Truth
    this one is a severe issue with blizzards design. if a group fills while youre signed up for it, it says you got declined. With this stupid design people think they got declined when they didnt, the group just filled.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Sincere question:
    How to people who suffer from anxiety after being rejected in the group finder in a video game and fear screwing up function in real life?

I'm asking this as someone who struggled with social interactions in my youth.
    In my experience people are more of bully or asshole on Internet where there is basically no consequence for said behavior , in real life where you actually have to be better than someone and can intimidate them face to face its a different story. alot of these ppl who trash talk on net can't even say hello to a stranger in real life .

for example in working situation i never had the experience of someone yelling at me at start of working there if i did something wrong , while in raids ppl yell at every mistake u make big or small even if its your first time there.

I have to agree with the sentiment that I don't have social anxiety, but if I'm playing this game in the downtime from work, I just can't deal with the level of assholes I typically find doing this sort of content.
    I get pressured by my boss every day, and have to act like I'm not stressed out giving high-level presentations that my job hinges on to complete strangers... when I'm relaxing, I'm not up for sitting through a 16 year old kid shrieking like a maniac because some guy pulled an extra trash mob, or assaulting us with language that he probably thinks is edgy, but makes him look like a 6 year old who just discovered swears and the r-word.

I continually see people say that they're glad about all the mythic or normal raid only content that's been in this expac because it gets people to be "social." Are those players saying that actually social when they pug...? I've never seen it.
    What I see is a longer, more involved, and overtly frustrating dungeon group making method that lacks any communication with other players (unless you count a reasonless "declined" message after 5 minutes as communication,) and complete silent dungeon groups where people just rage quit during a fight without saying one single word.

Honestly, I don't mind doing content with others with minimal communication. I really like doing Heroics. And being honest, the Heroics were far less toxic than the Mythics I've done (before people started looking for 850+ for an entry level one, of course.)
    I think the "forcing people to be social in an MMO" argument is just a front for people who hate LFR/D type content on a personal level.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    ~ I got declined from a group. No one wants my class/spec/I-lvl
    Truth: Getting declined from a group merely means they accepted someone else first. Who knows? It may have been a friend who just logged on, someone with a higher I-level than you, or someone who applied a split second faster. If they don't know you from Adam, why should you take this personally? They weren't rejecting YOU, they were just clicking on someone else.
    Lol, this is just not true.. like at all..

I'm playing a spriest, and I can not tell you how often, that I get declined for a group, only for said group to continue to look for players..

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Keep queuing and the odds will eventually be in your favor.
    Yeah, I do, and eventually you do end up finding a group, even if you have to take those with the lowest ilvl requirements..
    But to claim, that people don't specifically decline people of low ilvl and specific classes, is just moronic rambling.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    Never played LoL, not into MOBAs myself, but yeah, I've heard stories...

And thanks to gonzajd777's post for proving my point!
    it is a cesspool and i heard it got worse after Ghostcrawler joined Riot.