Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    If a man cannot subdue a 66 year old woman with strength alone... should they really be an officer?
    i think you misunderstood the article. when they say bat, they don't mean the little flying animal. they mean a baseball bat. or in other words, a wooden mace. life isn't dragonball Z where men can raise their power level by screaming and have that power blow people off their feet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    By that logic, he shouldn't have used a gun either, because it could have failed to fire.
    FAR more unlikely than a gun misfiring

Because shooting the legs is difficult >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    In Real Life, it isn't as easy as using V.A.T.S. and hitting the legs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I agree not all cops do this. Also I said that he should've used the taser. Am I supposed to be against them performing an investigation?
    When it's an "investigation" like most such ones, yes.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't easy, especially under the heat of the moment. You know nothing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    When it's an "investigation" like most such ones, yes.
    So you don't want to know why it happened. You just want this cop to hang.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

yes. it actualy is. and not only that, but could be just as deadly. for example. hit a femoral artery? bleed to death in minutes. meanwhile, hit the torso but miss major organs? survivable.

last but not least. shooting the leg is not a guarantee that the person trying to attack you will stop doing so.

in any case - this is an issue with training, or more like lack of thereof. while bats can in fact be deadly, they are also dodge-able when you know that the person with the bat is coming for you, and aforementioned person can be disarmed relatively easily. the fact that police are now trained to escalate and shoot first, ask questions later? THAT is an issue (and no, its not as much an issue of color, as this is of the training that police officers of all skintones receive to be enacted against all suspects, not just black suspects)

american police we're looking too good in the media, so they needed to kill more mentally ill people.

this should fix things.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    If a man cannot subdue a 66 year old woman with strength alone... should they really be an officer?
    No.

They should be in jail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by waitwutt View Post
    i think you misunderstood the article. when they say bat, they don't mean the little flying animal. they mean a baseball bat. or in other words, a wooden mace. life isn't dragonball Z where men can raise their power level by screaming and have that power blow people off their feet.

- - - Updated - - -

FAR more unlikely than a gun misfiring
    A bat is very easy to block as it requires massive momentum and power.

We are not talking about a slicing weapon (eg sword or knife). It is a blunt force weapon with a short reach that requires momentum.

If it was a long pole arm or stick then that is harder to block as you can accelerate that a lot faster and break someone's skull with rather easily.

That's why you should school police men longer than it takes them to get their driver's license. If their education is half-arsed, so is their performance at the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    That's why you should school police men longer than it takes them to get their driver's license. If their education is half-arsed, so is their performance at the job.
    Police forces used to be trained extensively in unarmed combat and with batons. Now they are glorified hall monitors with ranged weapons.

Batons caused massive death and injuries which is why they switched over to tasers. But tasers/guns are probably causing way more death and injuries than batons if things continue.

[QUOTE=Mafic;42874372]No.

They should be in jail.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]
    you ever try to block a bat? I have. from a 12 year old. broke my wrist.

[QUOTE=waitwutt;42874511]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    No.

They should be in jail.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]
    you ever try to block a bat? I have. from a 12 year old. broke my wrist.
    If you are not trained then that is the result.

And a 12 year old swinging a (wooden) bat around is not likely. They probably used an aluminum bat which can be accelerated a lot faster than a wooden bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    "Cop shoots black people."

Is this even news at this point?
    Until it stops, I guess so. Authority figures have always and will always put down would be aggressors.

Maybe a taser would have rattled her dentures or fizzled her pacemaker. Cheaper to just go for the kill shot. The problem I have, he didn't finish it off with one to the head.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

[QUOTE=Mafic;42874532]

If you are not trained then that is the result.

And a 12 year old swinging a (wooden) bat around is not likely. They probably used an aluminum bat which can be accelerated a lot faster than a wooden bat.
    not as extreme a difference as it sounds. if someone is swinging a bat at me im not trying to calculate the difference in damage a wooden bat is compared to a metal one and whether the person might be exactly strong enough to break bone (which with a bat is very easy to do)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Are you a cop?

Yeah, dead or beaten, same thing.......
    No. Why do you ask? Are you?
    It's easy to sit here safely behind your keyboard and tell someone how they should act in a life or death situation. Like you give a rats ass about this woman or her life. Drop this bleeding heart bullshit. You don't care and you know it. You just wanna righteously indignant about a cop.
    But do tell me, how would you react if someone came at you swinging a bat? I assume you've got ninja-like reflexes and nerves of steel. You'd just dodge and do a 1-hit knockout, right?

Hit someone in the head with a bat and they're done. You dont even need to be strong.

I will say this, in this situation, they should've had tazers drawn already. But it was a split second decision and he went for his gun, which was probably a more familiar gut reaction.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2016-10-19 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    No. Why do you ask? Are you?
    It's easy to sit here safely behind your keyboard and tell someone how they should act in a life or death situation. Like you give a rats ass about this woman or her life. Drop this bleeding heart bullshit. You don't care and you know it. You just wanna righteously indignant about a cop.
    But do tell me, how would you react if someone came at you swinging a bat? I assume you've got ninja-like reflexes and nerves of steel. You'd just dodge and do a 1-hit knockout, right?

Hit someone in the head with a bat and they're done. You dont even need to be strong.
    You know, there is this thing called self-defense classes. I did kickboxing for 3 years and it trains your instinct on how to react in those situations. And yeah, it came handy once or twice, so I have subjective proof on how it transmitted into real life situations. Cops should learn their shit and don't be released into public after merely weeks.

Deleted
    Yeah in real life it is, when someone is running at you with a fucking bat. This isn't your video games or Hollywood movies.

Funny that, because when I was working at security and someone had a baseball bat, a pipe, or even a knife, I didn't use kamehameha's or spirit bombs either. I used something called "self-defense". Y'know, the thing they train you in when you join a security firm or police precinct.

Or... are you telling me that US officers are not taught the basics of unarmed self-defense, which includes disarming opponents?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I think 25%-50% of police shootings are with mentally disturbed/ill people. There's something we need to talk about more.
    The sad thing is people for some reason think if the attacker has a mental issue they shouldn't be harmed. Bad news people mentally altered people are often far more dangerous. Their attacks might not be as malicious, but still dangerous all the same. Sadly the masses don't care about the mental health of others, so problems will go untreated and the cycle of stupidity will keep on going.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."