Poll: Did Tirion deserve a better conclusion to his story?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I felt like it was pretty epic. It showed just how powerless (at the time) we or anyone else was to stop the Legion. Tirion THOUGHT the light could/would protect him... it didn't... those screams were pretty bone chilling.

If he dies in a blaze of glory, or as a martyr it changes how you feel about the death.

"He died... but damn that was legendary!"

vs

"Oh wtf! Did he just... nahh..."
    "For real? This mother fucker... FOR TIRION!"
    yeah there is the kinds of death, and each has their own emotions connected to it
    varians was a legendary death, a death where he fought till his last moment
    arthas's death was a sad one for example, as hes finally released from the madness, and makes you allmost feel bad for him
    a death like tirions is a suprise death, your like "YEAH THE LIGHT WILL PROTECT U..u..us.... o..oh... oh my god... what the fuck!?!?!? holy shit he just melted tirion!? what hope is there for us? the light, has forsaken us!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Nah I kind of liked his death tbh. Not all "heros" get an epic death in glorious battle, sometimes they're just outmatched and get fucking stomped which is what happened to Tirion.
    exactly, not all heros can go out legends, he whent out horribly, and it made my spine crawl when i first heard his screams, i was so confused, it was a epic death, not in the same way as varians though, varians was epic cause he whent out fighting, tirions was epic because he trusted in the light, the light was to protect him, and then it was broken, the legion destroyed the light protecting him...

did the light forsake us? did it abandon tirion in his time of need?
    or is the legion really that strong.... so strong... as to beat the light itself?

i was so confused i thought something was going to happen but no he just suffered, and later died from the wounds
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Tirion's eventual death during the Ashbringer quest is a fitting send off for him, considering that in order to wield the sword and be the honcho for the silver hand Tirion HAD to die anyhow. Better than Vol'Jin, hallucinating due to demon corruption from his wound mumbling about spirits and putting that crazy bitch Sylvanas in charge, who immediately refers to the horde as her kingdom, makes the player swear fealty to her, and proceeds to ignore the threat of the Legion in her quest for immortality so she doesn't face her just deserts for her behavior during her unlife.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Light didn't leave him. The whole DK campaign kinda showed that. Even Champions of the Light can be beaten(Since Arthas defeated Uther all the way back when). Don't think too hard on it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Sometimes even the greatest of people have the most unspectacular of deaths. I mean, in terms of WoW, Vol'jin got stabbed by a felguard. If Sylvanas didn't have any Val'kyr, she woulda died by being shot in the head by Godfrey.

I think Tirion had a somewhat decent death. At least he wasn't stabbed through the chest or shot in the head. Plus it ties well with the Ashbringer questline.

When I saw it, I was so angry. Took me days to get over how they killed him. Not very happy with World of Game of Thrones as far as the strory goes.

1- As i saw, there wasnt enought time to see Varian exploding, i saw some green cloud coming out of the crackles, so.....
    2- Tirion had an awsome death. Somebody important should die to show how serious this invasion is. Then for the first freaking time WE LOST A BATTLE in Wow, just to show how serious this invasion is. And Tirion bubbled during the broken shore scenario. He was alive in the paladin order hall campaign. But still he needed to die so WE paladins could take up the Ashbringer and take the reigns of the Crusade and reform it as the Silver Hand. iJust think that he deserved a cinematic, or at least, a screwed up model. He dies from his injuries, but his armor and rest are all ok......
    3- Arthas is dead, a short novel tells how Sylvanas saw him in the darkness.
    4- nazgrim is freaking awsome as a DK!!

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    a death is a death, there is no glory in it.
    Ga'nar disagrees.

Varian did not die an epic death. Unless you mean he was epically obliterated by an Orc.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah I kind of liked his death tbh. Not all "heros" get an epic death in glorious battle, sometimes they're just outmatched and get fucking stomped which is what happened to Tirion.
    In other words, not everyone can go out like an Orc.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    In other words, not everyone can go out like an Orc.
    Thrall aint dead yet but he got beat down like a bitch during broken shore

Thrall aint dead yet but he got beat down like a bitch during broken shore
    The enhancement shaman artifact line expands on this a bit more. However, some are saying what happened with Thrall was foreshadowing with Morhaime stepping down.

For a character who had his limelight throughout all of Wrath, I voted no. Especially with how he was shown throughout Wrath only to be encased in ice for an entire encounter and waits 8 minutes to ask the light for "one final blessing". He died like the coward he was.

Deleted
    Not every death needs to be super epic. There need to deaths that are just a character's anticlimactic end - death. If every death to major characters was a super legendary sacrifice, they'd quickly lose their impact.

At least that's how I feel about this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juffowup View Post
    Varian isnt dead. Just Fel corrupted. Notice you never actually see him die.
    Watching him explode into a million pieces of fel-infused kibble isn't actually seeing him die? O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually liked the way he died, the way he really died that is, during the pally quest. The light did actually save him during the Broken Shore but he had already used his "final blessing" so to speak so he was just kept alive long enough to pass on the Ashbringer. Tirion's story was basically done once LK was over this was just his final act in service of the Light, and the Light does not abandon it's champions, even BEFORE THE TEMPLE OF A GOD!!!

He has become one with the Light!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CParker1987 View Post
    Giving your life to save a loved one or a fellow Soldier is a glorious death. Hence why they receive the Medal of Honor
    Medals do no good to a corpse. The trappings and decorations we drape over the dead are for our sake, our peace of mind
    Wrath baby and proud of it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Medals do no good to a corpse. The trappings and decorations we drape over the dead are for our sake, our peace of mind
    http://www.cmohs.org/

Im just going to leave this here. The Medal of Honor is for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Ga'nar disagrees.
    You know, you raised a point... And suddnely I'm kinda more pissed off.

Ga'nar, a character we were only introduced to in WoD, who despite being related to durotan, was never brought up in any past lore, and so we could only stem from WoD as his character, from one zone.. and he got a cinematic death scene.. while Tirion, a long standing hero of the franchise, not even that. Fuck, Tirion has had more focus and development longer then Varian I think, in terms of limelight, and yet this is all he got?
    #boycottchina