Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I can post some data that is mined from the client and then partially processed. I've looked through most of it, but maybe you all can find something different. It'll probably be in a couple hours because I'm working atm.
    from 7.0? hasnt everything already been datamined? we have a big dump of text strings in the op, nothing too interesting, though with what we have its impossible to tell who said what, so sometimes hard to tell if its something interesting.

but please post what you got, could be useful!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Kinda hard given we don't know what World Boss will spawn each week.
    that was so clearly a joke lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasg View Post
    Why UP? Try Maw of Souls or some of the corrent content
    Concidering a secret current content boss was discovered in Gnomeregan of all places, I thought it was worth a shot to see if anything would pop up in Utgarde Pinacle.

Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by susaku View Post
    Concidering a secret current content boss was discovered in Gnomeregan of all places, I thought it was worth a shot to see if anything would pop up in Utgarde Pinacle.
    there could be later on if we have a chain to get the HAA, but the trigger certainly wont be in UP. though it does beg the question, how was anyone supposed to find that hidden boss without the tweets? were there any clues in game i wonder?

Keep in mind that they also appear to be mini ashbringers so this could be related to dead paladin.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    there could be later on if we have a chain to get the HAA, but the trigger certainly wont be in UP. though it does beg the question, how was anyone supposed to find that hidden boss without the tweets? were there any clues in game i wonder?
    I doubt anyone used the tweets to find that boss, tbh. You have to run Gnomeregan for Engineering in Legion, and the button would be pretty obvious if you were running around the boss' room aimlessly after finishing the dungeon.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    I doubt anyone used the tweets to find that boss, tbh. You have to run Gnomeregan for Engineering in Legion, and the button would be pretty obvious if you were running around the boss' room aimlessly after finishing the dungeon.
    oh didnt realise you had to run gnomer for engineering. makes more sense! was thinking gnomer must be one of the least run dungeons so no one would ever find that!

Well, maybe we all should start looking into old dgs if possible, for small things like that button, try starting by the Icecrown dungeons and other LK realted dungeons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucasg View Post
    Well, maybe we all should start looking into old dgs if possible, for small things like that button, try starting by the Icecrown dungeons and other LK realted dungeons
    Every HAA trigger (key word here) has been in Broken Isles. Even if this little adventure sends us to an old area, it's going to start on broken isles.

At this point I'd bet hard money that it's just another one of the world boss drops. Not even a quest item, just the appearance. Like enhancement shaman. Remember, most of the hidden appearances in the game have just been drops off of shit. A handful of classes just get theirs to drop from shit in the sewer ffs.

I like the enthusiasm, but some of you need to stop acting like you're owed something or that you're the target of a personal Blizzard vendetta.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

As far as I'm concerned, all bets are off until someone has concrete evidence. As much as I appreciate and agree the trigger would sensibly be on the broken isles, we have nothing at the moment. Ashbringer needed old world books before its flag. Gnomer is a bit random too, but I'm no engineer. Whos to say there isn't more?
    At the moment its a free for all.

Simca, what sends you to Gnomer? was it a 110 quest? would someone get it before 110? maybe theres more we can pull from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Radsox View Post
    That damn Gnome button has made me believe that it is something small that we have overlooked because the way we are scouring the Outdoors if it were there I swear one of us would've found it by now.
    Unless we need to do it with Skaggldrynk! :|

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, if you're looking for interactables when running old content, the best way to do it is to analyze your GameObject.wdb cache and check ObjectIDs. If they're pretty high (250kish+) then you are seeing something new, which probably shouldn't be there.

This is how I looked for anything else new in Gnomeregan last night, for example. I exited game, deleted GameObject.wdb, then logged in and ran around Gnomeregan. After that, I exited game again and analyzed GameObject.wdb using a template in 010 Editor, looking for abnormally high IDs. The only one that stuck out was the button itself (called "PUSH IT!").

Here is the 010 Template I use for GameObject WDBs: https://www.curseforge.com/paste/842d2b50
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Also, if you're looking for interactables when running old content, the best way to do it is to analyze your GameObject.wdb cache and check ObjectIDs. If they're pretty high (250kish+) then you are seeing something new, which probably shouldn't be there.

This is how I looked for anything else new in Gnomeregan last night, for example. I exited game, deleted GameObject.wdb, then logged in and ran around Gnomeregan. After that, I exited game again and analyzed GameObject.wdb using a template in 010 Editor, looking for abnormally high IDs. The only one that stuck out was the button itself (called "PUSH IT!").

Here is the 010 Template I use for GameObject WDBs: https://www.curseforge.com/paste/842d2b50
    thats really helpful to know

actually how do you use that, im guessing we need a 010 editor software, and use this template with it to read our gameobject.wdb?
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2016-10-19 at 05:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Kinda hard given we don't know what World Boss will spawn each week.
    i think they do a new one each week, one that hasent been up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Every HAA trigger (key word here) has been in Broken Isles. Even if this little adventure sends us to an old area, it's going to start on broken isles.

At this point I'd bet hard money that it's just another one of the world boss drops. Not even a quest item, just the appearance. Like enhancement shaman. Remember, most of the hidden appearances in the game have just been drops off of shit. A handful of classes just get theirs to drop from shit in the sewer ffs.

I like the enthusiasm, but some of you need to stop acting like you're owed something or that you're the target of a personal Blizzard vendetta.
    Not technically true, the Pally ret haa is triggered by acquiring two vanilla books. The books are taken to the class hall to start the quest, but aquireing the books is definitely old content... anything Lich King related from Wrath that might be such an item? What was the Wrath equivalent of the unstoppable force? Prolly not that exactly, but some sort of white item like that.

Edit: I don't understand the people who are pissed. Half the fun is figuring it out... I think the only thing that will disappoint me is if it is just a random drop off a world boss. That would be very anticlimactic
    Last edited by Fasolina; 2016-10-19 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Additional thought

I just hopped on my warlock alt and got to thinking, what would happen if you tried to summon a DK to the warlock class hall? Typically you get booted from other class halls but the warlock one is uniquely interesting because of their ability to summon. I would like to test this at some point. Blades look "fel" in nature, but "fel" and unholy both share a green theme...so...

Quote Originally Posted by Fasolina View Post
    Not technically true, the Pally ret haa is triggered by acquiring two vanilla books. The books are taken to the class hall to start the quest, but aquireing the books is definitely old content... anything Lich King related from Wrath that might be such an item? What was the Wrath equivalent of the unstoppable force? Prolly not that exactly, but some sort of white item like that.

Edit: I don't understand the people who are pissed. Half the fun is figuring it out... I think the only thing that will disappoint me is if it is just a random drop off a world boss. That would be very anticlimactic
    Nope, technically the paladin trigger is the npc that wants the books after reaching the appropriate AK level and unlocking the history entry. The books were lootable before and some people even still had them because of sentimental value.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Nope, technically the paladin trigger is the npc that wants the books after reaching the appropriate AK level and unlocking the history entry. The books were lootable before and some people even still had them because of sentimental value.
    Meh, you are just arguing semantics of what the "trigger" is. The fact remains that without the books nothing happens. That is my point, it could be that we need an item from wrath to make the trigger happen. Is there anything analogous to the fishing books and ashbringer for arthas? Something in the throne room above the undercity?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenplague View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=129113/f...-mead#comments

Turns you into a vrykul for 5 min. Could be useful.

Another potential... thing? http://www.wowhead.com/item=128980/s...ledge#comments

Scroll of forgotten knowledge. Usable once a week, maybe has a <100% drop chance as I saw at least 1 110 DK in the comments saying that it just boosted his fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm still stuck on this method of trigger to be honest. Corvus's quotes are just too much to pass over. I know it's been visited before in the threads looking for the bonereapers hook, but i feel strongly that we need to revisit Corvus as a possible trigger for the runes.

"Make the weapons better, Corvus! Saronite isn't good enough anymore, Corvus! .. Bah! I'll show them what I can do to a blade."
    "There is work to be done here, but do you see anyone jumping to help me? No! Wretches, all of them! "
    "First, he gives away all of my precious Saronite, then he demands I begin crafting Runeblades of even greater power! Pah! "

These quotes from him scream out to me. It's just too much to pass over in my mind. He has no saronite, gets no thanks, and wants to prove himself as a siegesmith... It may not be bringing him saronite directly, but i really feel like he's going to hint us towards the ultimate goal of finding Futhark.