Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    never heard of it and it sounds retarded
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    It's true though. And you can always claim (or feign) ignorance, saying you didn't know something wasn't allowed. People seem to be much more willing to forgive you if you didn't know.

To all the people who have never heard of this saying... Did you grow up outside of North America? Everyone here knows that saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Basically what im saying is please don't talk about being in the army.
    I say the veterans all get together and start triggering your fucking entitled punk ass. Chump.

Man imagine if you still had a sense of empathy.
    I have empathy, but I'm not going to change myself because you feel offended. You wanted to whine about me being in the military, as if that gives you some hold over how I should behave. If you get to decide how I speak and act, then are you willing to give me the very same say in how you speak and act?

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    It's true though. And you can always claim (or feign) ignorance, saying you didn't know something wasn't allowed. People seem to be much more willing to forgive you if you didn't know.
    And less likely to forgive you, when they figure out you only tried to use their goodwill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not gonna take a forum's person's word for it.
    John 2 13-16. Or be ignorant. I'm not religious but I find religion fascinating.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

A lot of people have a good reason to be terrified of your military and the people who are in it and defend it.

I'm not trying to decide how you speak and act, just trying to point out maybe that your actions have an impact on others lol.
    If my announcement that I was in the military impacts you, that's your problem, not mine.

I highly recommend that you grow some thicker skin before you enter into the real world. You seem far too easily offended to be able to cope with what life will bring you.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of people have a good reason to be terrified of your military and the people who are in it and defend it.

I'm not trying to decide how you speak and act, just trying to point out maybe that your actions have an impact on others lol.

- - - Updated - - -

It's pretty easy to trigger army chumps with PTSD lol. I'm not an ass hole like you and wouldn't do it.
    You just tried... and failed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    I say the veterans all get together and start triggering your fucking entitled punk ass. Chump.
    Or the Vets could just live their lives and not worry about some guy who's very critical of a military.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Why do people say that it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission?
    Because I'm about to punch you in the face, OP!

Am I doing this right yet tony?
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2016-10-19 at 05:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To my understanding, it comes from the idea of personal freedom, mixed with presumption of innocence. When you doubt whether you should do something because someone else might not like it, you go ahead and do it still, and later apologize if needed - as opposed to limiting your actions for the sake of pleasing others.

I don't think this saying makes sense in every situation, but it does have relevance.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

- - - Updated - - -

It's pretty easy to trigger army chumps with PTSD lol. I'm not an ass hole like you and wouldn't do it.
    No, but you are a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Or the Vets could just live their lives and not worry about some guy who's very critical of a military.
    Or the (X) could just live their lives and not worry about someone who's critical about (Y). Now we've lost any and all reasons for being on forums.

Also as a reminder, Religious discussion is not allowed. Please keep it out of the thread, as it's quite clear how much it's disturbing the thread already from the original point. Same goes for personal attacks.

Theres some instances where this saying makes sense. Like if theres a bowl of halloween candy on your kitchen table and are unsure whether you can eat it. Do you have somet and ask for forgiveness later if you weren't supposed to or do you wait for the owner to give you permission to eat the candy?

I have to wonder about the people who immediately go to rape in their mind when they hear that saying...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    so I stole a bicycle and prayed for forgiveness.
    You could be as funny as a dark skin wearing sunglasses, if you wanted to.

Forgiveness is a thing because that's how the temple of Molock is working, that's the best fuel to justify a powerful army, police, corrupted judges and overall corruption btw.

The slaves want violence, they love to see blood, to taste blood, to hear stories about killing and rape.

Righteous Justice is boring for them, they only want recidivists, some great models, for the future.

In france, the medias are always showing terrorists (muslims) with big slime, they tell you the story of their live, their family, how they were some gud boyz.

Fucking fempedomasons ouroboros logic.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Why do people say that it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission?
    Because in certain circumstances, it's the correct path to take.

I'm struggling to see how you think you have a sense of empathy. I mean I can see that you use empathy as a self-serving tool to get what you want out of people but you're not exactly empathetic.
    Since you have no background as to why I sought to do things without permission, you are making assumptions. You assume that my actions were self serving. In reality, it was to get things done so other people could... well, live. My job was keeping people safe, and I was damn good at it. I did not always follow rules and orders to get it done.

I have empathy for puppies and children, not so much for hyper-sensitive people who get offended by a strong wind.

10+ Year Old Account
    In saving someones life, I believe this would be acceptable, no?
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    To my understanding, it comes from the idea of personal freedom, mixed with presumption of innocence. When you doubt whether you should do something because someone else might not like it, you go ahead and do it still, and later apologize if needed - as opposed to limiting your actions for the sake of pleasing others.

I don't think this saying makes sense in every situation, but it does have relevance.
    I think hell just froze over, I actually am in agreement with May.

But yes, it is about personal freedoms of doing what you feel or expect is best, regardless of the limitations or shackles others can place on you. It is generally done for benevolent or situationally gray reasons, for example...

Benevolent: You know someone is having a bad day (or several), and generally do not like burdening people with their problems. Meaning it is hard to get them to just open up or have a good day at times. You know that they may get upset if you go out of your way to be of help/comfort to them, but you take the step instead to go above and beyond, with the willful intent of turning their day around and bringing some happiness that they do desperately need.

Situationally Gray: You know a project needs to be done, the resources are limited and there is a lot of pressure on your team to complete this project. The proper channels dictate that you need approval from your manager to do something (that you are generally sure they would agree to due to it being the most logical course of action) in order to complete these project. Your manager is tied up or otherwise unavailable, and your team is being hammered in an ever escalating situation. You make decisive actions, even if it may have been against your managers wishes, in order to complete the project properly and to alleviate your team of their stress. "I am sorry that I went by you, but the end result justified it."

-------

What it doesn't mean... at least in terms of the saying, is that it wasn't meant for morally bad things. Example: "I should cheat on my wife, because it is better/easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission". Things like that are horribly vile, and that is not generally what this saying was meant to include.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

People say stupid shit all the time before they do something. Usually it's a trendy catchphrase because they lack originality "Yolo", "Fuck it", "Better to ask for forgiveness than permission". It's all meaningless.