Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    I'd say the degenerate is the one legitimizing a cop shooting someone, who isn't even moving, with the justification of not letting him get away. :P
    He didn't even have the opportunity to try and escape. I'm not sure what's automatically suspicious about someone getting out of a wrecked vehicle.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Did the drunk driving subhuman piece of shit need to be killed?

My opinion is yes, drunk drivers should be executed because they are become mass-attempted murderers once they drive drunk.
    Hey, looking to move any time soon? I bet Rodrigo Duterte would love to have someone like you in his country.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    I'd say the degenerate is the one legitimizing a cop shooting someone, who isn't even moving, with the justification of not letting him get away. :P
    Oh I'm fully aware that my stance on drunk drivers is harsh and would probably do just as much harm as good.

But when it comes to these people who have, in my opinion, committed an attempted murder for each car they pass without crashing into while they drive drunk ...I simply have nothing but rage level contempt for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    This may be hard for you to understand, but just because the victim of a crime was a criminal himself doesn't mean it wasn't a crime.
    I get it and I see the logic in it, I just don't personally agree with it because of my extreme hated for and bias against drunk drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    And what about the man who shot him in cold blood then waited for him to bleed out before doing anything about it?
    Would be alive today if he didn't choose to drive drunk.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Why manslaughter? It seems like an open and shut case of murder to me...
    "No shell casings were found, but Feaster can be seen searching the ground as Thomas told other officers he’d been shot."

Me too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because police in the USA are all but above the law. The original prosecutor declined to press charges at all.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

So a drunk driver that kill his own wife and could have killed others meets a much deserved fate and we go after the officer who's only mistake was taking his sweet time reporting the shooting?

Pff... well that's fucking dumb.

And fuck this Butte County District Attorney Mike Ramsey asshole for caving into mob justice.
    That... and the officer drew and fired on an unarmed person who was crawling out of a wrecked car.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That... and the officer drew and fired on an unarmed person who was crawling out of a wrecked car.
    Yea that video was wicked.

The way that the guy just goes limp and how the officer casually returns his sidearm to the holster like it was an action movie.

Pretty crazy.
    MAGA

Many posts in this thread absolutely reek of the typical trolling I've come to expect from people on this forum, especially regarding police incidents. Keep it coming.

To be clear: I'm referring to people defending the cop. In virtually no way you choose to argue it, are you ever going to be considered 'right' by anyone with a working, functional brain and an IQ higher than 12. The correct thing to do is to let him get out, CALMLY detain him and check on his condition -> get him to a hospital to check for internal injuries (if there's no inherently bad external ones), then prosecute him for driving drunk when he's in a functional state.

Shooting should be restricted to those who actually pose a significant threat to the officer. Drunk driver or otherwise, you wait to prosecute. Not take the law into your own hands.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2016-10-19 at 05:14 PM.

manslaughter: the crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought, or otherwise in circumstances not amounting to murder.

The lack of any proof showing he intended to kill pushed the charge to manslaughter.

All he had to say was "I didn't intend to do blah" there was no evidence to show otherwise.
    MAGA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Many posts in this thread absolutely reek of the typical trolling I've come to expect from people on this forum, especially regarding police incidents. Keep it coming.
    What trolling? Americans right-wingers actually think like that. For reference, see the fact that this cop wasn't even going to be charged initially.

- - - Updated - - -

The lack of any proof showing he intended to kill pushed the charge to manslaughter.
    Drawing, aiming, and firing a lethal weapon shows intent.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    What trolling? Americans right-wingers actually think like that. For reference, see the fact that this cop wasn't even going to be charged initially.
    My mistake. Me, not being American, was giving them the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps 'brainless stupidity' would have been the correct term. I dunno.

-so much wrongness-
    Please just stop posting. You have been wrong in basically all of your posts in this thread. You're entitled to your opinion, naturally, but times like this you should realise your opinion is just plain idiotic. Next you're gonna say Charles Manson could've just said "sry didn't intend to do bad" and he could've got off with lesser charges. (hint: you'd be wrong. Again.)

Murder needs to be premeditated. The officer wasn't planning to specifically find and kill Andrew Thomas. That said manslaughter is still a very serious crime.

"Involuntary manslaughter is the unlawful killing of another human being without intent. The absence of the intent element is the essential difference between voluntary and involuntary manslaughter. Also in most states, involuntary manslaughter does not result from a heat of passion but from an improper use of reasonable care or skill while in the commission of a lawful act or while in the commission of an unlawful act not amounting to a felony."

Now you can argue the voluntary vs involuntary if you like or that he intended to murder that man. I believe he intended to shoot him but may not necessarily have been intending to kill him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

Drawing, aiming, and firing a lethal weapon shows intent.
    Actually no it does not. You have to show that he intended to KILL him not shoot him. Planning to shoot someone is not the same as planning to end someone's life. Intent would be the officer planning to specifically kill Andrew Thomas in this instance.

Is there something I'm missing? This wasn't premeditated so it sounds like a clear case of second degree murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Murder needs to be premeditated. The officer wasn't planning to specifically find and kill Andrew Thomas. That said manslaughter is still a very serious crime.
    Incorrect. You're confusing "murder" with "first degree murder".

10+ Year Old Account
    How people can rationalize someone being shot while trying to get out of their crashed car is mind boggling. Should have sent him to jail for 20+ years just based on the callousness the officer displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Actually no it does not. You have to show that he intended to KILL him not shoot him. Planning to shoot someone is not the same as planning to end someone's life. Intent would be the officer planning to specifically kill Andrew Thomas in this instance.
    Police are trained to shoot to kill. Simply firing his weapon is evidence he intended to kill the victim.

Normally, I defend the police in situations because most of the time, people are quick to somehow become arm chair warriors and think they can somehow react better in a chaotic and tense situation that often turns immediately life threatening.

This isn't one of those situations... The guy was trying to get out of the car, non-threatening in any possible way, and just got capped. Make an example out of this murderer.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

I get it and I see the logic in it, I just don't personally agree with it because of my extreme hated for and bias against drunk drivers.
    I can understand that. I'm not shedding tears for the dead guy or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just to clear up any confusion, because neither article in the OP mention it beyond "alleged DUI," he was apparently pretty hosed when he was driving. Twice the legal limit, according to CBS here. Not that that excuses the officer's, frankly stunningly heinous, actions in the slightest. I just found it odd that the articles bring up the DUI allegation without specifying his alcohol levels or whether a test was done at all.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for drunk drivers as a general rule, but due process is a thing well worth keeping intact. May as well just subcontract law enforcement to the Cartels with shit like this happening. At least you get a chance to bribe them before they shoot you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Oh I'm fully aware that my stance on drunk drivers is harsh and would probably do just as much harm as good.

But when it comes to these people who have, in my opinion, committed an attempted murder for each car they pass without crashing into while they drive drunk ...I simply have nothing but rage level contempt for them.

Would be alive today if he didn't choose to drive drunk.
    Anyone with your stance is an uninformed idiot.

1) You don't even know if he's a drunk driver
    2) The cop can't possibly know he's a drunk driver before any tests,

e.g. people with diabetes will (during periods of low blood sugar) drive like they're drunk because they're literally dying. There's a fuckton of other conditions with the same results.

You can't even know if he's leaving the bar because he picked up his wife there.

I will state this again for you: You are completely in the wrong

Not for hating drunk drivers, but for hating a man you can't possibly know was drunk or not.

Enough to justify murder

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-10-20 at 02:28 AM.