Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hallilad View Post
    Been using this addon to get into HC emerald nightmare as a tank and have been very successful. Generate a fake Curve achievement to send to raid leaders who ask for Curve.

Someone in my guild suggested this might not be legal so I was wanting to get to the bottom of it. I gathered everything on Curse was fine?

p.s. yes I am good enough and know the fights and have defeated all HC bosses except Xavius through pugging.

edit:

How do you feel about this morally?
    I inspect people for achievements in my PuGs. Everytime I find someone like you, I kick them immediately and ignore them so I never have to deal with them again. My list is getting quite long sadly, but people still can't get over the fact that those of us who have already done the content just want a quick easy run with other like minded people instead of wasting time carrying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I inspect people for achievements in my PuGs. Everytime I find someone like you, I kick them immediately and ignore them so I never have to deal with them again. My list is getting quite long sadly, but people still can't get over the fact that those of us who have already done the content just want a quick easy run with other like minded people instead of wasting time carrying.
    like minded elitists, you mean. You're not carrying an 860 tank who knows what they are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    like minded elitists, you mean. You're not carrying an 860 tank who knows what they are doing.
    You'd have AoTC if you knew what you were doing.

Watching a video is called preparing for a fight, not learning it.

Also sure, I'm an elitist, because I want fast runs and don't want to carry bads. What a joke.

Deleted
    LOL, your logic is profoundly stupid. Doesn't have curve? MUST BE A RETARD

- - - Updated - - -

Also sure, I'm an elitist, because I want fast runs and don't want to carry bads. What a joke.
    So someone is a bad player without curve? You keep saying stuff that makes you look so stupid

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL, your logic is profoundly stupid. Doesn't have curve? MUST BE A RETARD

- - - Updated - - -

So someone is a bad player without curve? You keep saying stuff that makes you look so stupid
    If you've been pugging this long and don't have Curve, yes, you don't know what you're doing. PuGs were downing heroic Xavius week 1, it's really easy.

And no, someone is a bad player when they have to link fake achievements and try to cheat the system. These are the only players that I'd have to "carry" in my runs, because normal people just don't apply and try to get into groups that don't require AoTC.

Or, GASP!, make their own group.

Deleted
    If you've been pugging this long and don't have Curve, yes, you don't know what you're doing. PuGs were downing heroic Xavius week 1, it's really easy.

And no, someone is a bad player when they have to link fake achievements and try to cheat the system.
    Pugs were not downing H Xavius in week one... maybe some were, but it was not the average or normal group. Why are you saying things like that just to reinforce your own point? Again, you look unintelligent when you are creating lies just to back yourself up.

I am also wanting clarification on how someone becomes a bad player by cheating the system. Professionals in sports and business get caught cheating all the team. Were they just shit in the first place? Some might say if the system can be cheated, you're stupid not to.

Your logic is flawed.

So, on my realm only 4 guild of the 30 in heroic and 66 in normal know what they are doing. Good to know.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

10+ Year Old Account
    Pugs were not downing H Xavius in week one... maybe some were, but it was not the average or normal group. Why are you saying things like that just to reinforce your own point? Again, you look unintelligent when you are creating lies just to back yourself up.

I am also wanting clarification on how someone becomes a bad player by cheating the system. Professionals in sports and business get caught cheating all the team. Were they just shit in the first place? Some might say if the system can be cheated, you're stupid not to.

Your logic is flawed.
    When an Athlete gets caught using steroids, they kick him out and ban him from playing. They even take away past achievements, like stripping gold medals from the Olympics. This is exactly what people who cheat the system deserve.

It's really simple as a tank to make your own group and not require AoTC. Go ahead, try it sometime. Chances are, the group is going to fail and bomb. You might get lucky, but you probably won't.

If you've been pugging this long and don't have Curve, yes, you don't know what you're doing. PuGs were downing
    I just got mine mainly because of the fake achievement.

I did not start raiding until week 3. And at that point all the worth wild pugs are now locked into "AoTC only!" To get an AoTC now with a pure pug that is not a AoTC required group is pretty big feat. Considering the majority of the "pro" pugers are resorting to only AoTC required groups.
    Last edited by sarym13; 2016-10-19 at 06:21 PM.

Deleted
    When an Athlete gets caught using steroids, they kick him out and ban him from playing. They even take away past achievements, like stripping gold medals from the Olympics. This is exactly what people who cheat the system deserve.

It's really simple as a tank to make your own group and not require AoTC. Go ahead, try it sometime. Chances are, the group is going to fail and bomb. You might get lucky, but you probably won't.
    You have TOTALLY ignored my point. You are actually quite hilarous.. well, the way you try and argue over the internet is, anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    I just got mine mainly because of the fake achievement.

I did not start raiding until week 3. And at that point all the worth wild pugs are now locked into "AoTC only!" To get an AoTC now with a pure pug now that is not a AoTC required group is pretty big feat considering the majority of the "pro" pugers are now going into AoTC only groups.
    Me too, got mine this last hour

So hang on.

Someone be well geared pretty solid player all around, but because they don't play with a guild they can't get AOTC, and despite being prepared for the fight by watching it etc you won't let them into the fight with you.

Sounds like you're part of the problem. Helping the entirety of the non hardcore server get stuck in a hampster wheel
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I don't THINK you'll be arrested, but you might should leave the country. Just in case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    So hang on.

Someone be well geared pretty solid player all around, but because they don't play with a guild they can't get AOTC, and despite being prepared for the fight by watching it etc you won't let them into the fight with you.

Sounds like you're part of the problem. Helping the entirety of the non hardcore server get stuck in a hampster wheel
    Here is an intelligent response and reasoning. The guy who you are replying to is clearly proud to be part of the problem. Elitists like to be surrounded by other elitists, believe it or not..

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html

Creating an achievement link for an achievement that you haven't actually earned falls under that very clearly.
    "Very clearly". Lol that's the most broad legal statement ever. Fucking Recount technically falls under that. No ones getting banned for Recount.

Truth is OP, the ToU is deliberately generic so that Blizzard can be as arbitrary as possible for whatever reason. All you really have to go on is precedent and your intuition. I think that on Blizzard's long, long list of things that affect the game - ACTUAL hacks, bots, etc - you using a fake achievement to get around social constructs in the game is at the very, very bottom of the list.

I would say just go for it. Because it's such a grey area, and faking achievements is so widespread - and really negligible in it's impact on the game itself, I don't see Blizzard banning people without notice on this. I think they would issue a statement first.

Deleted

Bullshit, no matter how good he is, he can't kill the bosses alone.
    He could theoretically play the boss 100% perfect and not have had the time or group to finish EN.

NM/HC EN fights in general are so freaking simple, a video alone is actually enough to learn the fight. The rest is player skill in terms of how much deeps, heeps or meeps they do.

The achievement itself doesn't even proof that the guy who has it knows what he is doing during the fight tbh, nor does it proof that he does good DPS.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-10-19 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Bullshit, no matter how good he is, he can't kill the bosses alone.
    He could theoretically play 100% perfect and not have had the time or group to finish EN.
    Truth is being spoken here.

And another thing along those lines, lots of shitty players get carried to AOTC by better players because they happened to get in with a decent guild.

So hang on.

Yeah people like him are definitely a problem...

To OP - Can use the addon freely without a ban.
    I used to hardcore raid in wotlk/cata/MoP and stopped once WoD came out, I definitely know what I am worth and learn fights really fast and outperform people with +20 ilvl over me with more kills yada yada, so yeah I have been using this addon in WoD for all tiers and it worked out great, rarely do people notice and surprise surprise, people commended me on following tactics flawlessly while also being in like top 3 DPS.

Not everyone is bad if they have less time to play nowadays, sometimes you need to give them a chance or at least browse their previous history and see what they have accomplished in the past to see their potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    The circular reasoning in this thread is hilarious.

Its on both sides.

Bottom line is people need to just get out of their own way and play.

10+ Year Old Account
    So hang on.

I have no obligation to help random strangers who may waste my time. I'm not an altruist, most people aren't. I have no way of knowing who is and isn't a solid player, the only measure of skill I can go by is simply whether or not you have downed the boss, I'm not going to waste time wiping just to learn someone is bad. And if you have to try to fake an achievement, that's even worse, because it just tells me you aren't capable of getting it normally.

You have TOTALLY ignored my point. You are actually quite hilarous.. well, the way you try and argue over the internet is, anyway.
    What exactly was your point? Cheating makes you a bad player, simple as that. If you can't do it legit, you are a bad player. No one likes Cheaters. When an athlete gets caught cheating, they basically get shunned. Doesn't matter how good they were, they become a shit player when people learn they tried to cut corners and cheat.

You also contradict yourself by saying pugs week 1 weren't downing Xavius, then say they were. Pugs killed him week 1, that's a fact, no way around it. EN is probably the easiest raid Blizz has ever released, because you could easily out gear it before it even launched.

Deleted
    I have no obligation to help random strangers who may waste my time. I'm not an altruist, most people aren't. I have no way of knowing who is and isn't a solid player, the only measure of skill I can go by is simply whether or not you have downed the boss, I'm not going to waste time wiping just to learn someone is bad. And if you have to try to fake an achievement, that's even worse, because it just tells me you aren't capable of getting it normally.

What exactly was your point? Cheating makes you a bad player, simple as that. If you can't do it legit, you are a bad player. No one likes Cheaters. When an athlete gets caught cheating, they basically get shunned. Doesn't matter how good they were, they become a shit player when people learn they tried to cut corners and cheat.

You also contradict yourself by saying pugs week 1 weren't downing Xavius, then say they were. Pugs killed him week 1, that's a fact, no way around it. EN is probably the easiest raid Blizz has ever released, because you could easily out gear it before it even launched.
    You are insufferable. My point about athletes was that they were good enough in the first place to get into the position to cheat. Do you understand?

Also, are you saying it was NORMAL and AVERAGE of pugs in week 1 to be downing Xavius on Heroic? If so, you are not okay.