Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpmk View Post
    And with almost every current fight being cleave it is not worth changing main specs. When the rogue who got world first says he's going to keep investing AP into outaw I'm gonna take his word over a bunch of whiners on this forum. The thing i don't understand, is how people can say the nerf wasn't justified when it was "completely nerfed to the ground" and yet it's still the best spec for rogues.
    So you take his words over actual logs and facts? Okay...

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    team is trying to avoid huge swings thats why we completly gutted out DH and left fire mages untouched because f... logic.

- - - Updated - - -

well in blizzard case its clearly for PR purposes only since their tunign team is beyond retarded.
    If Demon Hunters are "completely gutted", I don't know what words you would use to describe all other specs below it in performance, of which there are a lot. Demon Hunters is a top tier M+ spec, and dead-on middle of the pack for Heroic, and 6th overall in Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Again, not what I wrote, at all.
    When you post something incorrect on a forum, there are two good approaches you can take after someone points it out.

The first is to go "whoops, my bad" and acknowledge that when you said, for instance, that any mob in the Broken Isles could drop a legendary, you were speaking from out-of-date information which you didn't realize was now not true. This is probably the best approach.

The second is to drop periscope and vanish. Don't reply. Just learn from your mistake but try not to draw any attention to it.

What is not one of the two good approaches is to double down by quibbling over tiny details and thus continue to remind everyone how wrong you were. Oh, I might have said any mob in the Broken Isles could drop legendaries, which is completely wrong, but ha ha! You said I'd been farming mobs for legendaries! I haven't! So I'm right and you're wrong!!

Embarrassing.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Did my daily heroic not 20 mins ago, havoc DH, Destro Warlock and Outlaw Rogue, all 850+ and pushing near 300k dps singletarget.

There is so much bullshit doomsaying on this forum.
    Wut.

1st. Noone mentioned their damage. It was merely that they were nerfed.

2nd. Random heroics have never be used as the basis of good damage. You get a buff for grouping for randoms and bosses last 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Did my daily heroic not 20 mins ago, havoc DH, Destro Warlock and Outlaw Rogue, all 850+ and pushing near 300k dps singletarget.

There is so much bullshit doomsaying on this forum.
    poping cds in a 10 sec fights generally inflates meters, let alone the +15% buff

Do you guys think we'll get a balance hotfix next maintenance?

According to the bullet points on the front page, it is said that "It is likely that there will be more class balance changes before Patch 7.1 and after Patch 7.1.".

7.1 is coming out on Tuesday/Wednesday after next week passes, so this means that there's a good chance that we'll see some class balance hotfixes next maintenance?

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    When you post something incorrect on a forum, there are two good approaches you can take after someone points it out.

Embarrassing.
    If you wanna go that route, then what you wrote here:
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    You can get legendary item from: any difficulty dungeon boss, any difficulty raid boss (world boss included), mythic+ weekly chest reward, mythic+ chest at the end of a dungeon, Emissary box, pvp box and Suramar withered training scenario end chest. That's all.
    Is also incorrect, considering that, according to WoWHead's Legendary guide, you do not get legendaries from the Mythic+ chest at the end of the instance, or in the Withered Training scenario. But you can get them from rare mobs and treasures around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephakay View Post
    So you take his words over actual logs and facts? Okay...
    Over one log of a straight single target patchwerk style fight? Absolutely. Linking one fight with outlaw behind the other specs means nothing. And fact? What fact? Logs on different sites constantly contradict each other. They are a good basis but I'm sorry logs will never be "fact" lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpmk View Post
    Over one log of a straight single target patchwerk style fight? Absolutely. Linking one fight with outlaw behind the other specs means nothing. And fact? What fact? Logs on different sites constantly contradict each other. They are a good basis but I'm sorry logs will never be "fact" lol.
    Those were two sets of EN logs. One was Mythic one was Heroic. In both cases, all bosses were included. They are also not just one log per boss. It's an aggregate of thousands of submissions. As for "Logs on different sites constantly contradict each other.", I think you're mixing up logs with sims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    If you wanna go that route, then what you wrote here:

Is also incorrect, considering that, according to WoWHead's Legendary guide, you do not get legendaries from the Mythic+ chest at the end of the instance, or in the Withered Training scenario. But you can get them from rare mobs and treasures around the world.
    Its not incorrect, i, ve got my legendary from a mythic+4 DT . The end chest

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    What is retarded is the number of changes they have to make to balance specs. What are the 10 months alpha/beta for? Don't they have proper simulation?
    You dont class balance for 10 months. If you wanna make a comment or rant about blizzards inability to balance properly, maybe you should do some research on how an alpha/beta test acctually works. It has never been done ever that they started out with class balance.

"The game dont work properly yet? Fuck that we need to balance the classes first!"

Wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdsent View Post
    You dont class balance for 10 months. If you wanna make a comment or rant about blizzards inability to balance properly, maybe you should do some research on how an alpha/beta test acctually works. It has never been done ever that they started out with class balance.

"The game dont work properly yet? Fuck that we need to balance the classes first!"

Wait what?
    While I will agree that the entire beta wasn't about only fine tuning class balance. A big part of the beta is, or at least should be, about refining the classes and specs into a place where they are as well overall balanced as possible.

And I do think it's hard to defend blizzard on this in the case of several classes. The most obvious class here probably being the Warlock. Blizzard received so much feedback long before the release on this, and even acknowledged their poor state in advance of the expansions release, but completely failed to address the classes issues. The balance of other classes were also known well in advance of the expansion release.

When you have that situation, where a large portion of the beta players are giving blizzard feedback and voicing concerns. Then it's not only hard to understand, but also deeply frustrating, when Blizzard still manages to miss the goal by a large margin in many cases.

And when Blizzard then makes huge balance changes (don't think I've ever seen a specs abilities be buffed by the same margins as dk frost's were) right as mythic progression start. That simply makes people once again ask themselves how blizzard managed to release an expansion with class balance in such a poor place, after such a lengthy beta.

He was saying that a lot of players that whine about buffs and nerfs are FOTM switchers. True enough, there's so many fire mages running around it's sickening. I'm playing arcane and doing very well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem94 View Post
    Alot of people dislike DE as it makes you feel like a demon babysitter and not some commander of minions. It's not terrible, but it can be removed and demons be made to actually feel strong instead of walking dots.

And seriously destro's mastery isn't terrible but it's uninspiring and rng is not needed. Devs state they want to get rid of all the classes feeling the same and want to make each spec feel unique but they make all three warlocks use soulshards. Burning embers worked so much better for destro thematically. But let's be real here taking passives like backdraft and making them talents and then saying "choose" is uninspiring and lacking in creative design.
    DE feels terribad indeed. I have a feeling im only casting DE really for the wrong reasons. It would be better already if it was an "aura" in what demons you cast will be empowered or something ... I dunno not put much thought in it, but it feels terribad while Demon was my favorite spec

Wait what?
    lol

So now, as it has never been done by Blizzard it's totally OK to release the game without caring about balancing. The white knights community is real...

lol

So now, as it has never been done by Blizzard it's totally OK to release the game without caring about balancing. The white knights community is real...
    It has absolutely nothing to do with being a suck up to blizzard, its about common sense and if you cant grasp that then you're probably less intelligent then I originally thought.
    So put it into perspective for you;

When you have a fresh computer with everything deleted on it, is it ok then to start with installing software on the machine before you finish installing windows? Do you do that? Nope, didnt think so..
    (I have more silly examples for you incase you still dont understand the consept)

Seriously, its a BAD idea to start off the balancing before the content is even there. How on earth can you balance a class for a raid tier or pvp when its not even working properly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scwasp View Post
    While I will agree that the entire beta wasn't about only fine tuning class balance. A big part of the beta is, or at least should be, about refining the classes and specs into a place where they are as well overall balanced as possible.

And I do think it's hard to defend blizzard on this in the case of several classes. The most obvious class here probably being the Warlock. Blizzard received so much feedback long before the release on this, and even acknowledged their poor state in advance of the expansions release, but completely failed to address the classes issues. The balance of other classes were also known well in advance of the expansion release.

When you have that situation, where a large portion of the beta players are giving blizzard feedback and voicing concerns. Then it's not only hard to understand, but also deeply frustrating, when Blizzard still manages to miss the goal by a large margin in many cases.

And when Blizzard then makes huge balance changes (don't think I've ever seen a specs abilities be buffed by the same margins as dk frost's were) right as mythic progression start. That simply makes people once again ask themselves how blizzard managed to release an expansion with class balance in such a poor place, after such a lengthy beta.
    Yeah I totally agree. I didnt defend blizzard in any way. My reply previously was basically an answer that would be exactly the same for all kinds of games. You cannot start of with balancing characters in the game when the content is not yet created.

It has absolutely nothing to do with being a suck up to blizzard, its about common sense and if you cant grasp that then you're probably less intelligent then I originally thought.
    So put it into perspective for you;

When you have a fresh computer with everything deleted on it, is it ok then to start with installing software on the machine before you finish installing windows? Do you do that? Nope, didnt think so..
    (I have more silly examples for you incase you still dont understand the consept)

Seriously, its a BAD idea to start off the balancing before the content is even there. How on earth can you balance a class for a raid tier or pvp when its not even working properly?
    Never said it has to be done BEFORE the content...

But it has to be done before release.

Never said it has to be done BEFORE the content...

But it has to be done before release.
    Name a game where everything is completely balanced... I'll wait

Deleted
    Name a game where everything is completely balanced... I'll wait
    Quiet a few are more balanced than wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephakay View Post
    Quiet a few are more balanced than wow.
    What we talked about was a game thats balanced.... You cant find one.. You go about it like balancing is so easy to do, yet you probably dont even know jack shit about programming.