Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like Shadow got some decent nerfbat
    nerfbat with latest PTR, still going to be great in raids, but maybe not as overwhelming as now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihevil View Post
    Hello guys. Im about to put my warrior on the side and reroll a caster (always been melee). My choice is between SP and lock and I have no idea what to chose. I know that locks are doing pretty awful atm but that doesnt really bother me as I know things will get tweaked over time. What do you guys think? Whats the pros/cons of being a Warlock compared to a SP?

Thanks in advance <3
    Hello, i would go with warlock cause of flavor (which is kidna personal) and cause of 3 choices to dps. Other than that i would say, dont take all this hyper cry that warlock suck etc to seriously. Its just that some classes have it easier to get results and ppl get butthurt. See the specs and what is more appealing to you in terms of playstyle and theme and just stick with it.
    Personally the best choice i made this expansion is to ignore all the kids crying around and not force myself to play smthing i dont like. So i sticked with demo (which to me was the most appealing of the lock specs) and now with good/optimised gear and getting comfortable with the spec, i have no problem competing and actually being top dps many times in raids or mythic+ or pvp. Now its allmost time for someone to jump in and tell me that the people i play with just suck

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    Hello, i would go with warlock cause of flavor (which is kidna personal) and cause of 3 choices to dps. Other than that i would say, dont take all this hyper cry that warlock suck etc to seriously. Its just that some classes have it easier to get results and ppl get butthurt. See the specs and what is more appealing to you in terms of playstyle and theme and just stick with it.
    Personally the best choice i made this expansion is to ignore all the kids crying around and not force myself to play smthing i dont like. So i sticked with demo (which to me was the most appealing of the lock specs) and now with good/optimised gear and getting comfortable with the spec, i have no problem competing and actually being top dps many times in raids or mythic+ or pvp. Now its allmost time for someone to jump in and tell me that the people i play with just suck

That is the only thing they can do instead of trying to be good: "the rest of your raid must suck then"

Some people are so butthurt by their inability to faceroll things and special snowflake syndrom that they can't stand not being the top baddass in a game.

The amount of FOTM people who rolled to DH just to see them nerfed and now complaining that they "suck" which is hilariously untrue, is so pathetic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    That is the only thing they can do instead of trying to be good: "the rest of your raid must suck then"

Some people are so butthurt by their inability to faceroll things and special snowflake syndrom that they can't stand not being the top baddass in a game.

The amount of FOTM people who rolled to DH just to see them nerfed and now complaining that they "suck" which is hilariously untrue, is so pathetic
    Happens every time. I'd think people would learn by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Seems like Shadow got some decent nerfbat
    nerfbat with latest PTR, still going to be great in raids, but maybe not as overwhelming as now.
    I'm not sure they did tbh.

They added shadow form back and gave it a 10% dmg increase, so that alone would make them actually get the tiniest of buffs on most of those spells. Currently on the PTR the void form tooltip is also showing 30% increased dmg when on live its 20% IIRC, so they've gotten nothing but buffed thus far as far as I can see.

I feel like I'm missing something cause it just seems odd.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Are they able to stay in SF 100% of the time? If yes, those aren't nerfs, they're balance fix to keep it the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably then yes - no change, well no rush there. I think it's a tiny nerf because +10% bonus is calculated off reduced coefficient now, but it's not substantial.

Guess need to wait and see what they will do with S2M. They probably thought it was a cool idea, but it is literally AIDS for priests and everyone else too, makes Mana Tap appear as a pinnacle of ability design.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-10-19 at 06:03 PM.

I don't mind, there ain't shadow priests on my group (surprise /heh).

The one we had didn't like StM playstyle and changed to enhancement.

@OP

SP has a very unique playstyle, but for me it comes down to lore/identity. I like demons/curses more than I like void.

Probably then yes - no change, well no rush there. I think it's a tiny nerf because +10% bonus is calculated off reduced coefficient now, but it's not substantial.
    For most of the spells it either puts them exactly back where they were or the tiniest bit ahead (like mind blast goes from 300 to 302.5).

Originally we were thinking they were going to do this and then remove 10% of the dmg increase from void form which would take some emphasis off of surrender, but when I just looked there's *also* a 10% buff to void form going from 20% to 30%, which makes no sense.

Guess need to wait and see what they will do with S2M. They probably thought it was a cool idea, but it is literally AIDS for priests and everyone else too, makes Mana Tap appear as a pinnacle of ability design.
    The spriest in my guild said they had said they don't plan to touch it really until much later and not in the 7.1 pass, which I'm hoping is wrong considering what I've seen thus far.

Spriest is much more mechanically challenging, for what it counts. If you end up disliking the double edged talent of Surrender to Madness, you're fucked because there is really no alternative that will make you competitive and StM is broken OP.

Lock, you mess up, you do less DPS. Spriest, you mess up you die. StM makes you strong but it's largely tied to raids and higher mythic+, as it's a 10 minute cooldown, meaning in any other game format you'll be deficient.

Lock has destro which is not the best overall, but it's good at everything and great at 2 target cleave and burst that are rather useful. Demo is mostly trash outside single target raid boss fights, affliction's good for cleave/aoe, trash for single target.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-10-19 at 07:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The spriest in my guild said they had said they don't plan to touch it really until much later and not in the 7.1 pass, which I'm hoping is wrong considering what I've seen thus far.
    That's what Ion said in last Q&A, that they want to change it, but it will basically kill Shadow Priests if they just nerf it now, so they will address it sometime after 7.1 hits, because they also want to make sure alternatives there are useful.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-10-19 at 07:41 PM.

Warlocks are best played by players with a thick skin.
    They have mechanical issues at present, and the arguably excessive whining of the warlock community is having a negative impact on the perception of others, in that warlocks are believed to bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Warlocks are best played by players with a demon skin
    fixed

10c