Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verundi View Post
    There is one from a Developer Q&A in June: https://youtu.be/YLbiU1oIXLo?t=18m8s

So no details obviously, but I'd take that as confirmation that there's some system in place
    The way it's said makes me think that there is some kind of bad luck protection but it's not a system in place tied to your character, instead the bad luck protection is Blizzard itself who watch for the playerbase and look for very unlucky players that get nothing after a lot of activity and they're looking to cut off the super unlucky tail

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Do you ever log out? This is crazy ^^ I mean, Legion is out now for..what? 50 days? Wow...you must live and breathe the game
    pretty much :P, to be fair i havent spent all 29 days doing stuff to get legendary, like i have the fishing artifact maxed out, and that takes about 32 hours of playtime to get and max so..

- - - Updated - - -

also cool thing about the legendary i got

when you cast you filler, shadowbolt/demonbolt you have a 20% chance for dreadstalkers to be free (ive had times where i launch 22 demonbolts before it procs... fucking bullshit) and your rotation required that each 8 demonbolts it procs, or else your rotation is completly fucked up, so now i dont have to worry about shitty RNG, but the thing is, if it procs, and is free it will now GIVE me 2 soul shards, when i cast dreadstalkers when its proced, so my rotation is very differant now, gunna take awhile to get used to and the worse part is, if i have shitty rng my rotation is compley changed on the dime...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Blizzard said that being online alone would increase the chance for a legendary and that 30 days online increase the chance for a legendary to 100%

The fact that you nearly have 30 days of online time aswell as a shit ton of other activity and you only now got your legendary tells me that they lied to us again.
    wrong, they said its not time based, they said it is based on attempts, each time you do something that has a chance of giving you a legendary, it increases your chance of getting one next time....

they stated no its not based on time, and a few people i know have over 30 days play time and dont have one, hell one of them got theirs yesterday, 34 days played time

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i just got my legendary, 29 days, 7 hours, played time
    every heroic and normal boss, every week since opening
    did every mythic (all 10) every week for the first 4 weeks
    ive done every emisarry cache every day since the 30th (since i reached 110 before reset)
    have been able to equip 2 legendaries for i think 5 days?

not my best one, but whatever there is 2 i want specificly, and hope i get those at some point...

also btw talking to a few other guilds on the server, and freinds, alot of people are getting their first legendary today.. that is very weird... blizz might have done something

our guild got 6 new people with legendaries (one person got a second, but 6 people got their first) and normally in a raid night we will see 0 legendaries, maybe see one every 2 weeks drop, today we saw 3 drop, one on normal nyth, one on heroic nythendra, mine on heroic dragons
    2 people in our Heroic/Mythic raid lastnight got 2 legendaries. Seeing more legendaries drop for sure. The ironic thing is, people who already have legendaries are the ones who keep getting them to drop

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    /played has nothing to do with legendaries. I can be online 24/7 afking in city but since that doesn't reward you legendary its obvious you would never get one that way even after 300000000 years played.
    and? who cares, i was simply stating the amount fo time ive spent playing...? strawman is strong with you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    dear god tell me its not 29 days of played at 110

if so holy shit do you have a life
    lol on this toon (i had to delete my orignal warlock cause i was super poor, and made a new one... cause danm faction and server transfer? anyways, this guy was made end of mop) 140 days played time, 29 days played this level

and no i dont have a life, i have severe anxiety and depression, makes it hard to do anything outside of my room :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Loot is pretty much dead to me in this game. Not because of "Oh it didn't drop." Mostly because what does drop

DOESN'T HAVE THE GOD DAMN STATS I NEED(And there's only one piece of gear that does drop for me and has the wrong stats)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Deterministic doesn't necessarily mean grind out X amount of currency for Y weeks. During alpha and beta Blizzard said there would be ways to target specific legendaries, this seems to have been scrapped but I think it would've helped a lot.

Maybe instead of a legendary dropping a quest item would drop, allowing you to go though a lengthy and difficult quest chain to obtain the one you want. Maybe a safe guard could be implemented where if you've unlocked your second legendary via your order hall a mission would pop up if you don't already own a legendary requiring three 850 champions and 7 days to complete. That way within the next week or two everyone would have at least one.
    they said they will add in a system to target near the end of the expansion, when you have much less time to get the legendaries you want/need, and when theirs more, as they will add more

and? who cares, i was simply stating the amount fo time ive spent playing...? strawman is strong with you

- - - Updated - - -

lol on this toon (i had to delete my orignal warlock cause i was super poor, and made a new one... cause danm faction and server transfer? anyways, this guy was made end of mop) 140 days played time, 29 days played this level

and no i dont have a life, i have severe anxiety and depression, makes it hard to do anything outside of my room :S
    And I have PTSD, and anxiety. While its a shitty thing to have, sitting in your room isn't going to help the issues causing those Might wanna take a step back and re-evaluate things and get to the bottom of your ailments! I am saying this in a friendly manner by the way because I know those things are no easy thing to deal with! I can relate!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Loot is pretty much dead to me in this game. Not because of "Oh it didn't drop." Mostly because what does drop

DOESN'T HAVE THE GOD DAMN STATS I NEED(And there's only one piece of gear that does drop for me and has the wrong stats)
    Complaining because he's getting drops.. Hmm.. interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    doesn't change the fact that they never said there is bad luck protection for anything in the game : P I'm interested to read any official quotes if there's any
    he did though... he said badluck protection is in, many of them have in tweets, its only for the legendaries though, and doing content will increase yoru chance of getting a legendary
    why would tghey mention how badluck protection works, and that it is in the game, if it isnt...

"There is bad luck protection, people will get lucky and unlucky. Longer you don't obtain one, better your chances go up."
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-10-19 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Complaining because he's getting drops.. Hmm.. interesting.

My luck is actually quite poor. I'm not really worried about Legendaries, will I be happy when it happens? Sure but I'm not really focusing on it. It's pretty much on the backburner.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    This isn't 100% true. Higher difficulty content has a higher drop chance, Mythic Raids being the highest.
    It is 99.7% true.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    My luck is actually quite poor. I'm not really worried about Legendaries, will I be happy when it happens? Sure but I'm not really focusing on it. It's pretty much on the backburner.
    I feel you man on the back luck part. I am behind all our other DPS classes in our guild because of bad luck. Gear IS dropping its just shitty stats. I hope their whole remedy to drops being better with higher ilvl over a lower ilvl but with your best stats actually works. Ive got plenty of items that are 10 ilvls higher but worse for me because of their stats. It would be nice if the effects all the secondary stats had were somewhat aligned in some way or had a similar dps increase to each other if even possible. What I am trying to explain isn't making sense, even as I type this, lol.
    Last edited by Extremities; 2016-10-19 at 04:19 PM.

Just got my second legendary for my offspecc.

I dont know why you all complain about legendaries... they are everywhere.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    he did though... he said badluck protection is in, many of them have in tweets, its only for the legendaries though, and doing content will increase yoru chance of getting a legendary
    why would tghey mention how badluck protection works, and that it is in the game, if it isnt...

"There is bad luck protection, people will get lucky and unlucky. Longer you don't obtain one, better your chances go up."
    And thanks to my bad luck, I got all of my bad luck "protection" wasted on a ring that was a downgrade in raids, despite a 30 item level increase and a niche proc effect.

At least it has okay itemization for my weaksauce elemental off spec.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2016-10-19 at 07:16 PM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Deterministic doesn't necessarily mean grind out X amount of currency for Y weeks. During alpha and beta Blizzard said there would be ways to target specific legendaries, this seems to have been scrapped but I think it would've helped a lot.

Maybe instead of a legendary dropping a quest item would drop, allowing you to go though a lengthy and difficult quest chain to obtain the one you want. Maybe a safe guard could be implemented where if you've unlocked your second legendary via your order hall a mission would pop up if you don't already own a legendary requiring three 850 champions and 7 days to complete. That way within the next week or two everyone would have at least one.
    It hasn't necessarily been scrapped. We haven't even reached the first major patch yet being we're only 2 months into the expansion which will last more than a couple years. I'm sure they will have more concrete ideas in the coming months once everyone has acquired at least 1-2 legendaries.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Over the past week my guild has now seen 12-15 drop, depending if you count pugs we brought with us. Prior we saw 2 since legion launch. The "bad luck" meter is absolutely a real thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    2 people in our Heroic/Mythic raid lastnight got 2 legendaries. Seeing more legendaries drop for sure. The ironic thing is, people who already have legendaries are the ones who keep getting them to drop
    Those people with 2 are extremely lucky then. Just like the two guys in my guild who get every damn rare mount drop within a few runs while most of us take 50-100 to see them drop.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account