Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ezra suffered a stroke in August 2008, and passed away on October 20

Ezra Chatterton (aka Ephoenix, 1996-2008) was a brain cancer patient from California and an avid player of World of Warcraft who played with his father Micah on the Norgannon US server. Fulfilling his dream of creating a character for World of Warcraft, Ezra visited Blizzard Entertainment's offices through the Make-A-Wish Foundation. He worked with Tigole in creating Ahab Wheathoof, a tauren farmer looking for his missing dog Kyle, in Horde [5] "Kyle's Gone Missing!" quest, he also provided the voice.
    Ezra suffered a stroke in August 2008, and passed away on October 20.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=11129/k...ssing#comments
    his quest

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/miscel...game-memorials
    A Guide to In-Game Memorials

"Early last week, we received word that Ezra Chatterton had passed away. For those of you unfamiliar with this courageous young man, Ezra visited Blizzard Entertainment in 2007 through the Make-A-Wish Foundation, armed with the desire to design and implement his own quest in World of Warcraft. To this day, we remain inspired by the creativity, intelligence, and passion he displayed during his visit. We were extremely fortunate to have had a chance to get to know and work with Ezra, and our sincerest condolences go out to his family and friends.
    Strength and honor, Ezra." — Blizzard on 10-28-08

Reposting this today because it was 8 years since He passed away in 2008.

Strength and honor, Ezra.

Deleted
    So what? You pick who mmo-champion should remember? I don't think threads like this make any sense or are discussion worthy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    So what? You pick who mmo-champion should remember? I don't think threads like this make any sense or are discussion worthy.
    Just because you're a dick doesn't mean you have to let everyone know. Seriously what kind of person says shit like this on a memorial post? Fuck you

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

2edgy4me....

10+ Year Old Account
    I rembember the first time I did that quest, I was a total noob and always checked wowhead for more info about lore etc...
    After I read his story I was sad as fuck. Usually I don't care much about people I don't know personally (I know I know I'm a bad person) but this time was somehow different, don't know exactly why.
    Anyway strength and honor Ezra and thanks OP for the remind.

Wow, someone took their raging douchebag pills today.

15+ Year Old Account
    The don't read, and move on. http://www.mmo-champion.com/search.p...rchid=38177791 indicates that much of what you post and where you post isn't of great merit in the discussion department.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It was a nice gesture, but the voice is really off and super dated at this point. They should try to get him back to redo the lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It was a nice gesture, but the voice is really off and super dated at this point. They should try to get him back to redo the lines.
    ...You better be trolling(Cruel as fuck if you are).

he can't.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Swankyy View Post
    You're probably one of those basement dweller dudes that don't know how to socialize. KYS.
    So just because you don't like someone making a comment about a memorial thread you then turn around and tell them to kill themselves? Really?

On October 6th Blake Snyder was gunned down by a thug in St Louis. He was shot in the head.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...d1dd08a9c.html

Why post this? Because I honestly could care less about Ezra 8 years ago when there are very real disasters close to home that affect me.

Now pour on the hate comments. you know you want too.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-10-19 at 11:11 PM.

I wonder if anyone actually helped him find his dog.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was a tad confused as to why a memorial post about about a person who died 8 years ago is being posted today myself.

While I don't agree with the tone of how you said it, I really can't see the point of this either. Many people that have played WoW and involved with WoW over the years have passed away. I could understand it if the person passed away today but this was 8 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I was a tad confused as to why a memorial post about about a person who died 8 years ago is being posted today myself.
    Probably because its a nice gesture, and the kid's been memorialized in game. God forbid someone give a shit, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    yeah I don't get it either

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    On October 6th Blake Snyder was gunned down by a thug in St Louis. He was shot in the head.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...d1dd08a9c.html

Why post this? Because I honestly could care less about Ezra 8 years ago when there are very real disasters close to home that affect me.

Now pour on the hate comments. you know you want too.
    "colored thug" was my favorite part

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Probably because its a nice gesture, and the kid's been memorialized in game. God forbid someone give a shit, right?
    The question is why should we. What makes him special. Hes not special. Not to me. Definetly not to most people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    "colored thug" was my favorite part
    Lets not sugercoat the inner city issues. Especially in STL and Chicago.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    You're messed up. Go calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    You're messed up. Go calm down.
    The funny thing is. They aren't wrong.