10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostbusters 2016 remake.....it wasn't what a Ghostbuster movie should be....but I did like Kate McKinnon as Holtzman, her character was cool as hell....5/10.

Movie Ghostbusters
    Rating (out of 10) 4
    Review
    Terrible movie, I was hoping it was better than people were saying. I figured people were just hating on it because it's a remake of a classic.

The story was stupid
    The acting was bad
    The jokes usually fell flat
    The Ghost looked like cartoons, how can a 80s movie have better special effects?

The only saving grace in the movie was Chris Hemsworth, his character was actually funny. Leslie Jones was the second funniest, but I felt her role was too stereotype and predictable.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I planned to go to the movies with my dad, and we agreed to go see The Accountant, and he ordered the tickets online. So this sunday we were talking over dinner about our expectations for the movie, and my dad briefly mentions he thought we were going to see something else. I asked what movie he thought we were going to see, and he says the one with Ben Affleck. I was confused, as I was pretty sure we were going to see that as well, but apparently he ordered the wrong tickets. So my review is, to my regret, not about The Accountant.

Inferno

3/10

Holy shit was this boring. It was a solidly average movie if not for the horrible performances. Tom Hanks and Felicity Jones were fine, and I really liked Irrfan Khan (because he had fun with the role), but Sidse Babett Knudsen was horrible. She changed accents all the fucking time and it made every scene with her unbearable.

In the beginning I thought it would be a fun 90-minute movie, but it drags and it is way too self-serious to be any fun. There are very few jokes, and when they are there they don't land all that well. It's like the longer the movie went on, the less creative they got with the plot, the acting, the scenes, and even the filming. In the beginning the movie has these sudden cuts and wild swings, and it makes you feel disoriented as a viewer. This is good because it's also how Tom Hanks feels at the time, so it was a cool stylistic choice. But it gets so boring halfway through the movie, it's like the director and the DOP just gave the second half to the interns.

There's one plot twist in the movie, and I called it way ahead of when it happened, though it caught my dad off-guard so at least that was something.

We got tickets to actually see The Accountant this coming monday, so hopefully that's going to be better than this nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Vomlix, how would you rate the previous two movies in the franchise, The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons? For comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    Vomlix, how would you rate the previous two movies in the franchise, The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons? For comparison.
    I really liked The Da Vinci Code when I first saw it. I was quite young though (9 or 10 maybe?) and I haven't gone back to it, so that may have had something to do with it. From what I do remember, it didn't feel as forced as this one does. Inferno doesn't really have a whole lot of connecting string between the puzzles in my opinion (besides the countless mentions of Dante over and over again). I would maybe rate it 7 or 8 out of 10.

I liked the second one less, but not overly so. That's maybe a 6 for me.
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Krampus (2015) 8/10

The human characters had surprising depth for what I initially thought would be a stereotypical mess. Fun movie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Inferno

2/10

Honestly, if you've read the book, don't even bother. Without spoiling too much, they completely changed the ending (the book has quite a controversial ending), which only goes to show how big a pussies hollywood producers really are
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The most nerfed class in WoW is <my class>. <my class> seems to get nerfed every damn patch, unlike those <other class> that get buffed and still want more!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerloin View Post
    Inferno

2/10

Honestly, if you've read the book, don't even bother. Without spoiling too much, they completely changed the ending (the book has quite a controversial ending), which only goes to show how big a pussies hollywood producers really are
    Wow, I just read what the book ending is. That is really ballsy. It would've definitely made the movie more memorable for me.
    Last edited by OnlineSamantha; 2016-10-19 at 11:00 PM.

Joy: 6/10. I found the story quite interesting, but I'm not sure that Jennifer Lawrence put forth the most believable portrayal. And DeNiro was kind of preposterous as the father. Worth watching I'd say, but not stellar.

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple more:

Sausage party: 6.5/10, I thought the movie was quite enjoyable. It had some good moments, but honestly though, that last scene was way over the top.

Nine Lives: 6/10, to me not as bad as many people said it was. I like cats and I do agree that this movie was silly in a bad way, but that it also had it's enjoyable moments.

Bad Moms: 6.5/10, A movie I thought was decent at times, but was quite bland overall.

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back 5/10

Kind of a average movie. Not bad in any way, but not too remarkable either. Colbi Summers is fantastic in her performance and the writing of her character was top notch too. Really wonderful. Too bad much of the movie around her is merely ho-hum.

Ouija: Origin of Evil 6/10

Surprisingly good! Well acted and directed. I liked the throwback art direction and costuming a lot. Some pretty good scares.

Desierto 8/10

Fantastic, intense and engaging. Simple premise, the movie borders on the line of a run-of-the-mill slasher flick. The direction and writing elevates the material greatly. As does the acting- which by turns subtle and broad enough to suit the genre. Good stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing Spiderman 1 & 2

I know... I'm SUPER late to the party.

I really liked them though, maybe it's because I'd heard such bad things about them, but honestly, I enjoyed them a lot. WAY more than any of the Toby trilogy.

I thought it was well done, Andrew Garfield did a great job as Spidey and the chemistry between him and Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy was fucking ELECTRIC. I've rarely seen better chemistry between two leads.

Then the end of the second film... Holy shit, wasn't expecting them to go there. Obviously I wait to see how Homecoming is before I make any sweeping statements. However, it's going to have to be pretty good to beat these.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Min så kallade pappa - 3/10.

Not sure what I expected from this movie, I generally hate Swedish movies because the acting is horrible. And this was not an exception.

Watched a couple of big named horrors from this year:

Light's Out: 8/10

Its surprisingly good. They did quite a good job with the light/dark mechanic that the monster uses, and the monster looks creepy aswell. I only think that the story could've been a bit better, and I wasn't that satisfied with the ending. Acting is also solid.

Don't Breathe: 7/10

Another good and atmospheric horror, but it lacks more in the story and characterisation department. The robbers weren't likeable to me, but maybe it was meant to be that way. I pretty much cheered for the blind guy who was easily the best character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Amazing Spiderman 1 & 2

I know... I'm SUPER late to the party.

I really liked them though, maybe it's because I'd heard such bad things about them, but honestly, I enjoyed them a lot. WAY more than any of the Toby trilogy.

I thought it was well done, Andrew Garfield did a great job as Spidey and the chemistry between him and Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy was fucking ELECTRIC. I've rarely seen better chemistry between two leads.

Then the end of the second film... Holy shit, wasn't expecting them to go there. Obviously I wait to see how Homecoming is before I make any sweeping statements. However, it's going to have to be pretty good to beat these.
    You enjoyed Amazing Spiderman 2?
    It's one of the worst movies i have ever seen in my life

Amazing Spiderman 1 on the other hand was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

It was certainly messy, but I still find it pretty enjoyable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    It was certainly messy, but I still find it pretty enjoyable.
    I can't remember much of the movie but the worst thing that i remember is
    There is a huge build up towards the goblin. Countless minutes of boring talk and scenes to build him up only to have a 1min fight that ends in one blow
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-10-24 at 02:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

Then you need to see more films, believe me there is MUCH worse out there. Was it the perfect film? Fuck no. Was it as bad as Spiderman 3? FUCK no. It was a solid film that's only real problem was that it was so clearly intended to be part two of a trilogy... But part three never got made.

I mean come on... Gwen's death was pretty savage.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Sausage Party 7/10 (then it sharply drops lol)

It was funny, no doubt. The ending was still funny, totally ridiculous...though, like most Rogan/Franco things the ending itself was so...meh lol. They do well for the first 2/3 of a film, funny shit abound, but they don't really know how to wrap things up yet. All of their flicks, Pineapple Express, This is the End, etc. All fall completely flat on the ending. Need to work on their third acts and keep the laughs going.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Lights Out on desktop at home.

It's a good movie. There are no real flaws plot-wise, and the characters are affable. The story itself is pretty good. The horror aspect is good and the movie has it's scary parts.

It felt...not low budget, it looked good and it wasn't cheesy, but it felt short. (I think it was exactly 1h 20m.) But like...it didn't feel short in the sense that there was anything missing, the story was told from A to Z and included everything necessary. I actually don't even know what else they could have added. I guess maybe it was meant to be a straight movie.

I think it was very successful and told a good story, with good scenes. A good amount of horror, and it wasn't dumb or cliche. I have to give it an 8/10 because it's so simple and straight. I'm taking off 2 points from a perfect 10 because it lacks depth. Honestly, it's such a simple movie it feels bad to even give it an 8 but that's what it deserves.