So what trinkets?

Heightened Senses - ilvl 880
    Cocoon of Enforced Solitude - ilvl 850
    Leycoral Shard - ilvl 845 (has versa on it as secondary stat)
    Vial of Nightmare Fog - ilvl 870.

I'm not fistweaving. Also should I be investing in SotC for Mythic raids? I am running with MT.
    Last edited by Dragon Claws; 2016-10-19 at 11:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    So what trinkets?

I'm not fistweaving. Also should I be investing in SotC for Mythic raids? I am running with MT.
    Vial and Heightened senses would be my choice.
    Hi

So what trinkets?

Heightened Senses and Vial look like obvious choices to me. I don't like Cocoon at any item level because I'd prefer 2 useful trinkets with Leytorrent potions if necessary. If they were all the same item level, I'd personally still go the 2 I listed, but the stat stick could definitely be a potential option. Since it's so far below in item level, I'd definitely opt for the other 2 (Vial and Heigtened)

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Vial and Heightened senses would be my choice.
    Yeah, research has shown both to be pretty good. But last night when I got it, I noticed it didn't proc very often or at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Traxis View Post
    Heightened Senses and Vial look like obvious choices to me.
    Thank you. I figured both were good but for some reason Vial wasn't working for me. I have no idea if it's proccing properly or not.

Yeah, research has shown both to be pretty good. But last night when I got it, I noticed it didn't proc very often or at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. I figured both were good but for some reason Vial wasn't working for me. I have no idea if it's proccing properly or not.
    My vial seems to proc a ton. My last Xavius kill it was 3% of my healing, roughly 4 million, and that was with mediocre ReM usage (each tick has a chance to proc it). I'm guessing it could reliably hit 4% with average luck and good healing practice. It's nothing amazing, but being a Vers trinket it's defintely not a bad thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Unrelated, a few questions

1. Patch notes show Soothing Mist going back to a mana cost channel that allows free casts. Anyone have confirmation or an opinion on this?
    2. What's a 'good' amount of overhealing. Obviously you want 0, but that's not going to happen. My Xavius kill I had 15-25% on most spells, with 30% on my 2 CDs. Is this fine, or could it improve a lot?
    3. I had 7% Soothing Mist healing, just curious as to how this ranks, if I'm using it more of less than most people.
    Last edited by Traxis; 2016-10-20 at 12:11 AM.

So, to say I'm a scrub at healing is an understatement (rerolled for this xpac), but I can answer some of your unrelated questions:
    1. that's a PVP-only thing.
    2. I'd think its on a spell-by-spell basis. For instance Enveloping Mists overhealing on tanks isnt the end of the world, but having EF with a 40% overheal is problematic.
    3. I personally don't get much time to SooM when I heal, but that's because I like to plug in damage where I can. On our first H-Xav kill my SooM was 3% of my healing, but ended up being 40% overheal. My worst overhealing was Sheilun's Gift and Chi burst. My EF was 8% overheal. Revival was 30% but Chi-ji was 8%.

Deleted
    Wiuld go for statstick and senses. Ilvl doesnt matter as much in legion as it did before. Also vial shield can be placed on people with max hp and might not even need the shield. As of right now before any buffs to emn trinkets i would only use vial for brewmaster.

idk how reliable it is but according to geodew's math vial is #1 trinket

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    idk how reliable it is but according to geodew's math vial is #1 trinket
    His math has been reliable in the past, so I'm going by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Between the legendary legs, belt, feet, and cocoon ring what do you guys think will be best for raiding? I don't really fistweave so I don't know if the boots are good enough to change my playstyle around and I don't know how effective the belt would be in a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchS View Post
    Between the legendary legs, belt, feet, and cocoon ring what do you guys think will be best for raiding? I don't really fistweave so I don't know if the boots are good enough to change my playstyle around and I don't know how effective the belt would be in a raid.
    shoulders and bracers are likely best in 7.1, right now it's legs + bracers

Hi guys, quick question.

I compared logs between two mistweaver monks in the same guild, one is using vivify as his core spell without using enveloping mist much (3 entire casts during heroic Nythendra so he's not taking advantage of Lifecycles) and the other one is using Essence Font as his core spell.

THis happened on every fight of EN. They both have good output.

Do you know why the difference ? As the only MW of my Mythic raid what should I do, I couldn't find any good answer on the internet, sorry if this has already been asked.

Deleted
    So... Am I the only one who read that blue post that said soothing mist would be having his mana cost back, and would allow some other abilities to be instant cast while channeling, then looked a at the title of that post and saw it was a only PVP thing, consecuently causing me to die of envy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by parouuu View Post
    Hi guys, quick question.

I compared logs between two mistweaver monks in the same guild, one is using vivify as his core spell without using enveloping mist much (3 entire casts during heroic Nythendra so he's not taking advantage of Lifecycles) and the other one is using Essence Font as his core spell.

THis happened on every fight of EN. They both have good output.

Do you know why the difference ? As the only MW of my Mythic raid what should I do, I couldn't find any good answer on the internet, sorry if this has already been asked.
    It would be good to see the logs you refer too.

As it is the answer is be sensible.
    RM >90% uptime (consider it the Monks rejuvenate)
    Essence font if more than 6 people need healing else vivify.
    And don't forget chi burst- it's pretty damn good.
    Obviously there you need to consider if it's worth throwing out Enveloping Mist on a tank first for life cycles, you should be doing this to the tank anyway but not everyone does.

I personally feel like only using Vivify is a mistake, it's just simply not enough healing for the mana spent.

Granted I've been doing 30 man raids beginning 20 man mythic tonight, so perhaps my style will change.. But I doubt it.
    Last edited by mmocdd2c7cd102; 2016-10-20 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyholic View Post
    So... Am I the only one who read that blue post that said soothing mist would be having his mana cost back, and would allow some other abilities to be instant cast while channeling, then looked a at the title of that post and saw it was a only PVP thing, consecuently causing me to die of envy?
    Ha, it almost happened to me, but i was like "this does not sound right... something is fishy here" :P

Finally getting around to leveling my Monk; got a question about Rising Thunder.

I've heard people say that Rising Thunder is the best for throughput, but even back on PTR, I was questioning if it's worth the hassle. I never really feel the need to use TFT on cooldown, being that it doesn't provide that much of a benefit, at least in 5mans. It just seems like too much effort to stay in melee all the time and hit RSK on CD, just to get a bit of an extra bonus every 10 seconds. I find Focused Thunder to be much better, so that I can just hit TFT whenever I need it, instead of all the time.

Or am I just being a scrublord that needs to git gud?

Quote Originally Posted by Psyholic View Post
    Seems to be happening with all classes: the fun and interesting things are restricted to PvP only.

:/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Finally getting around to leveling my Monk; got a question about Rising Thunder.

I've heard people say that Rising Thunder is the best for throughput, but even back on PTR, I was questioning if it's worth the hassle. I never really feel the need to use TFT on cooldown, being that it doesn't provide that much of a benefit, at least in 5mans. It just seems like too much effort to stay in melee all the time and hit RSK on CD, just to get a bit of an extra bonus every 10 seconds. I find Focused Thunder to be much better, so that I can just hit TFT whenever I need it, instead of all the time
    TFT needs to be casted on CD. Even in 5 mans its good. Take FT and use TFT. That's 3 ReM out on the party. Always use TFT.

Yeah, I'm fine with Focused Thunder, but I've heard that Rising Thunder is better. I can kinda see why, what with RSK having a Haste CD, and BOK having a chance to reset its CD; you could potentially be getting 4-5 TFTs in a 30 second period.

Is it better, or is Focused Thunder fine? I kinda enjoy not having to stand in melee, and not having to hit RSK on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yeah, I'm fine with Focused Thunder, but I've heard that Rising Thunder is better. I can kinda see why, what with RSK having a Haste CD, and BOK having a chance to reset its CD; you could potentially be getting 4-5 TFTs in a 30 second period.

Is it better, or is Focused Thunder fine? I kinda enjoy not having to stand in melee, and not having to hit RSK on CD.
    I'd argue the legendary boots effectively settle the debate in favor of 'boot to the head'.

But you've also got two PBAE artifacts traits and - if you've got the mana - Rushing Jade Wind.

While I don't buy the notion of a full 'fistweaving' build with Spirit of the Crane (if you've got the time to throw all those punches, you probably don't need the mana to heal anyway), I think it gets increasingly hard to justify a purely ranged approach as you build up your Mistweaver.

I don't have any legendaries and no artifact traits yet. And your answer is kinda vague. Focused Thunder or Rising Thunder, for 5mans?