Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    You'd have AoTC if you knew what you were doing.

Watching a video is called preparing for a fight, not learning it.

Also sure, I'm an elitist, because I want fast runs and don't want to carry bads. What a joke.
    You'd get far more bites if you said "you'd have a legendary if you knew what you were doing".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    It says that he already learned the fight week 1 with like-minded individuals.
    Or more likely, he got carried, and now likes to pretend otherwise.

I don't really see what's the big deal, you only need to fake it once anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html

Creating an achievement link for an achievement that you haven't actually earned falls under that very clearly.
    Uhh, what? No it doesn't. Here, lets break that statement down.

cheats - it creates a link you post to chat, next

automation software (bots) - the addon is not doing anything to your character, next

hacks - again, just a link in chat, next

mods - addons do not modify the game, next

unauthorized third-party sofware... - addons are not third-party software

Whelp, looks like this addon can't violate this clause of the ToU.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Creating an achievement link for an achievement that you haven't actually earned falls under that very clearly.
    So does using addons.

Class 6 felony punishable by death and dismemberment. Using it is no different then just linking somebody else's achievement.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

How so? running a script isn't modifying anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dakalro View Post
    I have the following WoW history (world rankings) - only middle of the pack stuff):
    Sunwell KJ was around world 20s
    Alone in the Darkness (25) 40s
    A Tribute to Insanity (25) 60s
    The Lich King (25) 30s
    Halion (25) 30s
    Sinestra (25) 110s
    Ragnaros (25) 40s
    Madness of Deathwing (25) 50s
    Sha of Fear (25) 40s
    Grand Empress Shek'zeer (25) 20s
    Will of the Emperor (25) 40s
    Ra-den (25) 30s
    Lei Shen (25) 20s

This is where I took a long break.

Would you say I can or cannot do? Would you invite me to a raid?

Yet I do not get invites to raids (and I only try normal mode, I don't trust non-recurring PuGs even in heroic) without Curve, which I cannot get because having a baby and being involved in raising it makes it impossible to have a schedule to play. So this helps get me into content that is pretty damn easy to do with my eyes closed.
    None of that means you can pull off other raids that you haven't done, and it's silly to think otherwise. Old raid experience doesn't mean you are automatically experienced in other content or future content, which was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    The issue is we don't know if you're good enough, because all we can use is achievements. When you link a fake one, it makes it look like you can't do it legit, IE bad.

We have no proof of your skill other than your word and an achievement you didn't actually earn.
    Right. Because buying a carry means one is now skilled enough. Even with the achievement, you have no proof of one's skill other than their word and an achievement they didn't actually earn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    Hate people like u tbh, u might think u are good enough and know the fights but then u get invited and mess up on something fundamental in the fight and waste people's time.

It's almost as retarded as people who whisper "I know tactics" and then u ask them to say what he needs to do in the encoutner and he just copy paste some googled tactic for the entire fight... pug clownfiesta.

Then again people are buying boosts for curve anyway so it doesn't really mean anything.

I think it's as much against the TOS as Tmorph.
    It astonishes me how you can actually play and raid with your head up so far up your own arse.

Anyways I believe it is against the ToS, I'm sure we had warnings on a blue post about it back in wrath when fuck wits were demanding a huge GS - thus making people use this add on. I didn't actually realise it was still up for downloading.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hallilad View Post
    No I have not actually
    Do you want to get sew mouth to anus, because that´s how you gonna get sew moth to anus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravendarke View Post
    Do you want to get sew mouth to anus, because that´s how you gonna get sew moth to anus.
    u wot m8?????????

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't breach the terms of use and addons that can fake achievements have been around since WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    As apposed to the people who bought a carry and have the legit achievement but still probably aren't good enough to get the achievement?
    Touched on that in other posts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    It astonishes me how you can actually play and raid with your head up so far up your own arse.

Anyways I believe it is against the ToS, I'm sure we had warnings on a blue post about it back in wrath when fuck wits were demanding a huge GS - thus making people use this add on. I didn't actually realise it was still up for downloading.
    I tend to always give people the benefit of the doubt, and in 9/10 cases I get disappointed. Is it too much to ask for, wanting to play with people who pull their weight or ask if they don't know exactly what to do, instead of having them act as if they are competent when they are not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    I'd also assume you are the type of person that requires an ilvl higher than the place drops by default too :3. EN isn't very difficult, even on heroic.
    Why would you assume that? I pretty much stated the opposite? Gear can't carry you in harder content if you don't have a good basic skill level. Rather take someone who I know is competent with shit gear than someone who has good gear but fuck up alot. And yes, HC is not hard, hc is supposed to be the old normal for god sakes so people not having curve, even if it'sdue to lack of time at this point, just isn't putting enough effort to get ti I guess.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    I tend to always give people the benefit of the doubt, and in 9/10 cases I get disappointed. Is it too much to ask for, wanting to play with people who pull their weight or ask if they don't know exactly what to do, instead of having them act as if they are competent when they are not?
    Don't mis understand me, I'm not arguing that everyone should take every Tom dick and Harry with them, I'm just saying there are people that are competent out there who haven't got the achi yet. People should defiantly ask what to do if they need help and they should be able to pull their weight if you give them a chance.

But the people I usually quote are ones who refuse to take anyone under a specific item level, usually higher than what can be gotten in said raid and wanting the curve. For example the other day on here, someone was saying they run a pug, usually clear 5/7 hc, but you must have curve to enter. Now I said, I'm on 1/7 hc, I know the tactics, have sufficient ilvl with prioritised best stats, flasks, pots and food etc. I physically can not be more ready to progress further, no not good enough no achi.

I saw another thread a few days ago about kara, and people were posting they were intended to run it more than once in a week (I don't know if they mean on characters or just for re rolling with coins on loot?) but they estimated they'd have the achi in less than a few hours and from that exact point they'd expect everyone to have it. No regards to people in work or different time zones which can't play yet etc.

These examples are the ridiculous ones which I normally point out, you are doing nothing wrong, your giving people a chance and their either fuck wits it liars and I wouldn't blame you if you kicked the, after a few attempts, but atleast you've tried

7+ Year Old Account
    Hate people like u tbh, u might think u are good enough and know the fights but then u get invited and mess up on something fundamental in the fight and waste people's time.
    And i hate achiev/ilvl whore who don't care about exp. I was in Curve Only PUG and it wiped 5 times at spider HC. When simple Fresh HC PuG made it to Xavius with only 2 wipes (1 at Ursoc and 1 at Cenarius).

Blizzard need to do something like enhanced Providing Grounds. So people could show their EXP. Since achiev/ilvl does mean shit becouse its easy to buy these days.

Deleted
    I messaged the creator today it is 100% legal, thanks for everyone who responded.

Well, you have read the Terms of Use, right?
    Who does?!?