Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    But they were in vain.
    The First world war was a mistake - It should never have happened and it sealed the fate of Europe, and started a gigantic clusterfuck that took nearly a 100 years to untangle.
    Only because you lost there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Your own link, opening paragraphe.

In 1879, Germany and Austria-Hungary formed an alliance (the Dual Alliance) that gave them great strength in the centre of Europe.
    In 1892, the French and the Russians formed their own strong alliance (the Dual Entente) that meant Germany now had an unfriendly power on each side.
    Soon afterwards, Germany's most powerful soldier, General Schlieffen, drew up a plan that would allow Germany to beat France very quickly in any future war. This would then free most German troops to fight Russia in the east.
    By the early 1900s, the alliances had developed. The Dual Alliance had become the Triple Alliance with Italy (although Italy stayed out of the war in 1914).
    In 1907, Britain joined Russia and France to form the Triple Entente. Britain was much less committed to this alliance than Russia or France.
    Oh Sarah, try reading more then.

The alliance system did not mean that a European war had to happen. Some say that it could still have been avoided - especially if Britain could have made Germany hold back from helping Austria-Hungary. Germany decided to help Austria-Hungary and declared war on Russia (1 August) and France (3 August). The German army prepared to attack France through Belgium, just as General Schlieffen had planned.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Your "logic" is basically it was a good thing to happen because the good guys won.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Do you live in an alternate universe? Because this is literally not happening. You're just making things up at this point.
    I wouldn't expect a Croat to understand unless Western Issues.

Deleted
    Well, as you say, it isn't okay for a trading bloc to do any of that. Which is why the EU isn't only a trading block. It hasn't been for some 20-30 years. It's a confederation.
    Treaty of Rome - 1957.
    Partly in the aim of creating a United States of Europe, two further communities were proposed, again by the French. A European Defence Community (EDC) and a European Political Community (EPC). While the treaty for the latter was being drawn up by the Common Assembly, the ECSC parliamentary chamber, the EDC was rejected by the French Parliament. President Jean Monnet, a leading figure behind the communities, resigned from the High Authority in protest and began work on alternative communities, based on economic integration rather than political integration
    It was never ever a 'trade zone' or whatever god damned nonsense the brexiters pretended they joined.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Your "logic" is basically it was a good thing to happen because the good guys won.
    No, my logic is "Britain upheld it's promise to belgium, Germans are salty they lost two world wars."

What exactly do you think the sentence ''hold back Germany from helping Austria'' means ?

Hint : clearly not ''attacking Germany''.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    "You" as in "Germans"? You're referring to a nationality, dude, what is wrong with you, we're all faceless globalists.

Oh, Croats are not Western now.

FFS, Illyria was conquered by Rome centuries before the British Isles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Treaty of Rome - 1957.

It was never ever a 'trade zone' or whatever god damned nonsense the brexiters pretended they joined.
    Somebody doesn't even read the stuff he put forward.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...omic_Community

- - - Updated - - -

"You" as in "Germans"? You're referring to a nationality, dude, what is wrong with you, we're all faceless globalists.
    Only when it suits you to Bash Britain, funny that.

All you petty Globalists are so quick to try and knock down Britain. It's simple really, You're jealous.

- - - Updated - - -

And? Am I supposed to respect the fact that a bunch of eastern barbarians were conquered before the Western ones?

- - - Updated - - -

What exactly do you think the sentence ''hold back Germany from helping Austria'' means ?

Hint : clearly not ''attacking Germany''.
    Right. Because PREVENTING THE WAR, Would have involved attacking Germany.

- - - Updated - - -

All you petty Globalists are so quick to try and knock down Britain. It's simple really, You're jealous.

- - - Updated - - -

And? Am I supposed to respect the fact that a bunch of eastern barbarians were conquered before the Western ones?
    No, no, we get it : non England, dirty subhuman barbarian (still good enough to die at Galipoli, however)

Deleted
    A, I'm Swedish and a Finn - We didn't fight, and won respectively.
    B, You do know that what ended the Empire was the first world war?
    If WW1 don't happen, the most likely outcome would have been some sort of EU anyway (A lot of the UK 'minds' were talking about it, they needed more money to pay for the Navy for one).
    But If WW1 doesn't happen the US rise to dominance doesn't happen - We would probably still have European Empires with colonies.
    The UK may have won the World wars, but the Empire died all the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Ah? We've resorted to this now, have we? Well, if nothing else, this tells me enough about what kind of an ignorant shit you are exactly, and when to stop, since you obviously don't understand basic rules of argumentation and reasoning (like, say, the origins or location of a person don't affect the merit of what they say, and I say this with a glimmer of hope that you will actually realize how faulty your reasoning is, but yeah, I'm being too naive).
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2016-10-19 at 11:36 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Right. Because PREVENTING THE WAR, Would have involved attacking Germany.
    Attack Germany with a whopping SIX divisions ?

Deleted
    brexit is going to work out great for the brits, and europe.

The EU is bringing itself down with its aristocracy and arrogance.

Deleted
    No, no, we get it : non England, dirty subhuman barbarian (still good enough to die at Galipoli, however)
    It's always funny how you never read what I say. Do you get paid to be such a pathetic regressive Sarahtasher? It's like in every typical SJW rant, there is you always trying to shift conversations by never reading the replies properly.

10+ Year Old Account

Do you honestly think he has any clue what Illyria is/was?

Deleted
    Attack Germany with a whopping four divisions ?
    Just admit it Sarahtasher. You're anti-British.

You're anti-British because you're Canadian, and probably, a French Canadian, or you wish you were. It's how you refuse to read anything fully. Like you stop right where you think it suits your narrative.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-10-20 at 02:31 AM.

Who need to know such names ? He just have to say ''SJW'' and ''regressive''.

Deleted
    One of the many regions out in the Balkans the Romans conquered. Excuse me for not knowing everything about the Roman Empire.

Just admit it Sarahtasher. You're anti-British.

You're anti-British because you're Canadian, and probably, a French Canadian, or you wish you were. It's how you refuse to read anything fully. Like you stop right where you think it suits your narrative.
    Okay, dude, tell me how the British were suposed to attack preventively Germany with SIX divisions, that were everything that was available (SIX is an optimistic figure, FOUR is the usual figure). Germany had 81 of those....(50 active, 31 reserve)