Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    And pulled 40% of the group's damage...

It was a long run, but no wipes. I was worried that losing almost 10% crit from my gear just go get high enough ilvl to do LFR earlier that day (just dinged a day ago) was gonna get me kicked from the group for poor DPS, but the healer and I did the majority of the DPS for the entire run (everyone was 840ish).

The saddest part, though, is that it'll probably be a LOOOONG time before I'm invited into another group since I got no upgrades and I'm still sitting at 828.

So here's to everyone who worries about carrying those low ilvl plebs *cheers*

If anyone needs an 828 mage to carry their 840 group just hit me up!

Edit: I know my post comes off a little arrogant, but that's mostly jokingly. I thanked them sincerely for the run. It's not my place to be rude to a group that accepted someone as low ilvl as me, especially when we made it through. Regardless of their performance, they're champs in my book.
    go do some dailys (I mean world quests)and get 840 warforge gear....

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    go do some dailys (I mean world quests)and get 840 warforge gear....
    Not sure if you've been playing recently, but I've done them all with about 6 total being fear quests at 830. But it's probably just me being noob. Didn m4 today with no issues as 828. But being lazy on wq is prob my problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    All your world quest gear to epics? That's odd since I'm 875 and still get more blue rewards from WQ than epics.
    mine is all epics. except the pvp ones cause I don't pvp. 854 here
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    mine is all epics. except the pvp ones cause I don't pvp. 854 here
    It seems that the key to world quest rewards is being you, too bad literally nobody else can be you. Damn.

Deleted
    Pretty easy to go 810-840, world quests + class domain gear and you're ready to mythic

Deleted
    The saddest part, though, is that it'll probably be a LOOOONG time before I'm invited into another group since I got no upgrades and I'm still sitting at 828.
    WQs will probably get you sorted for that part.
    I hardly ever logg into my alt hunter... and he's 841 from mainly those and the order set pieces.

And pulled 40% of the group's damage...

It was a long run, but no wipes. I was worried that losing almost 10% crit from my gear just go get high enough ilvl to do LFR earlier that day (just dinged a day ago) was gonna get me kicked from the group for poor DPS, but the healer and I did the majority of the DPS for the entire run (everyone was 840ish).

So here's to everyone who worries about carrying those low ilvl plebs *cheers*

If anyone needs an 828 mage to carry their 840 group just hit me up!

Edit: I know my post comes off a little arrogant, but that's mostly jokingly. I thanked them sincerely for the run. It's not my place to be rude to a group that accepted someone as low ilvl as me, especially when we made it through. Regardless of their performance, they're champs in my book.
    farm obliterum gear or farm some gold and buy that gear, obliterum has got dirty cheap nowadays something around 1500g. With like 12k you can buy a piece of gear that is 850ilvl. If you can buy like 5 items u'll be sitting around 835 ilvl easily or more and its be easier for you to get into a grp.

If you don't want to farm gold for it then you can just start professions farming and create that gear urself. Unfortunatelly thats the only way to go judging that people ask 840ilvl for mythics atm <:

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    WQs will probably get you sorted for that part.
    I hardly ever logg into my alt hunter... and he's 841 from mainly those and the order set pieces.
    Actually got into a couple mythic+ yesterday and a couple "upgrades" (slightly higher ilvl but same shitty stats I had, so hard to get too excited haha). Only doing around 190k on bosses, but from the group's I've gotten into for a few lower level mythic+ I'm at least pulling my weight, comparatively speaking.

Got an m4 key right now but probably not going to use it with how crappy my gear is right now. I'll probably just do some more wq and relax over the weekend and pickup again on reset, unless some guildies wanna run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    farm obliterum gear or farm some gold and buy that gear, obliterum has got dirty cheap nowadays something around 1500g. With like 12k you can buy a piece of gear that is 850ilvl. If you can buy like 5 items u'll be sitting around 835 ilvl easily or more and its be easier for you to get into a grp.

If you don't want to farm gold for it then you can just start professions farming and create that gear urself. Unfortunatelly thats the only way to go judging that people ask 840ilvl for mythics atm <:
    I actually bought 25k worth of Oblit to get the 2 ilvl I needed to get into LFR, which is where I got the other 3 ilvl haha.

I'm not in any huge rush, it seems easier to get into the lower level mythic+ and I've been doing relatively competitive dps in those. I honestly only came back to the game to do Mythic+ and Kara and some casual raiding with some friends (they're not good players, but I can scratch my raiding itch with Mythic+ and Overwatch, so not worried about that).

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems that the key to world quest rewards is being you, too bad literally nobody else can be you. Damn.
    Heck my paladin who is 842 almost only have epics now in WQ.

Maybe you are looking at your list and seeing all those pvp wq and thinking ohh my I can't get any epics.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

15+ Year Old Account
    I tried getting my 829 prot warrior to mythic dungeons with no luck, even after leaving a note that my main is a 877 tank who weekly tanks mythic+10 at least... people who ask for ilvl seem to be dumb as fuck.
    I did grief them however by logging on my 877 tank, applying to groups who declined my 829 tank and then trash talked them before leaving the group. That felt really good.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Heck my paladin who is 842 almost only have epics now in WQ.

Maybe you are looking at your list and seeing all those pvp wq and thinking ohh my I can't get any epics.
    More likely, you've been 110 longer and had more rounds of WQ pop up than I have.

My Warrior was around 850 after just a few days of WQ and Mythic (and a Normal EN clear on release day), but my Mage got the shaft with literally no gear WQ when I dinged and only a couple the next day or so after. It's not a big deal, simply different experiences.

Sadly, in any grouping system one might use (including typing LFM on global channels), ilvl is the easiest (and one of the few) information you can get on any random person.

Sure, high ilvl doesn't guarantee a good player. But if you're gonna take the chance, would you rather have a bad player with low ilvl, or a bad player with high ilvl?

It's also in big part simply a community issue. At low ilvl "everyone" wants a chance, at high ilvl (and likely after running that instance quite a few times already) "everyone" wants a fast run with no issues, including people who previously complained about how the "system" is unfair when THEY are low ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    standing at 40y range casting dragon's breath as part of his rotation
    A bit unrelated to the topic, but it made me think me of one of my funniest raid pugging moments. I was leading an heroic Highmaul pug run to help some friends gear up for BRF, and this one guy specifically said he was ok with doing flamethrower on Brackenspore. Mid-fight I realized he never once used the flamethrower on the moss, instead he was trying to kill the spore shooters (the little adds that shoot stuff at ranged) with the flamethrower. Repeatedly.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-10-20 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Waited ages to get a into a mythic group - didn't make own group. Meme quality level of logic.

Maybe your problem is you're just not realising you don't need any special ability to create a dungeon group?
    As a DPS, creating a group is simple. Only takes a second or two.

Finding other people to join that group? That's the hard part. Solution? Log off and find something better to do with your time.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    As a DPS, creating a group is simple. Only takes a second or two.

Finding other people to join that group? That's the hard part. Solution? Log off and find something better to do with your time.
    Yeah, I usually keep an eye on group finder while I'm doing WQ, and if I don't find a group by then I go play Overwatch. I honestly only came back this expansion for Mythic+, Kara and to do some casual raiding with some guys I work with/play D&D with.

Years ago I might have sat in Q all day looking for groups, starting my own, etc. just for even minor upgrades, nowadays, though, I just don't give a shit lol. WoW is my casual game, and I'm not going to frustrate myself for minor upgrades. It doesn't mean that I don't play my class to its full potential, it just means that I don't spend 60% of my playtime waiting around anymore. WoW is a fairly simple game to relax on, Overwatch is the game that I actually get into nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I went from 802 to 840 in like an hour did one mythic got fed all the gear and then I had high enough level to turn all my world quest gear into epics.

It really doesn't take much.
    From 802 to 840 with one mythic and a few world quests.
    Yeah...

As a Holy Paladin I generally run Mythics with my tank friend. When I use group finder for dps I set it to the suggested minimum ilvl 830 and pick the first to apply. If my tank friend makes the group he shoots for 850+ just to speed things up. I have been proven time and time again that ilvl does not equal skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually do a random LFG a day on my tank to get the daily AP, but if I enter a group where DPS is pulling in 50k and generally expecting me to carry them, I just leave.

I refuse to carry lazy retards.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    no it isnt lol
    i got my herb farmer alt to 843 with 5 hc dungeons and 2 weeks of world bosses. now he is 860 after giving 3 myth+ keys to my 5man group last week only. gearing to a certain point is easy as fk

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    From 802 to 840 with one mythic and a few world quests.
    Yeah...
    I did the same on my warlock alt and I was planning to level a priest and record everything but I obviously got a lot of people talking shit to me that people will check my achievements or I'll tell them to do it and get invited on that basis.

I got another bnet account with another Legion key and I'm doing a druid on that account from leveling to pug's because this retarded bullshit is depressing already.