Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The biggest outcries actually happened in Wrath. Each patch was considered the doom of WoW, RealID caused a huge outcry (this one made sense though), but the biggest thing was probably the badge system where people were QQing that "everyone" could get T10 in no time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    All three Rogue specs need to be turned back to pre-Legion.

Current state of Rogues is really, really sad.
    Thank god you aren't working for blizz. They may buff/tune them a bit, but gameplay-wise they have been the best this way... since ever

Deleted
    RealID was a real unmitigated shitstorm.
    More recently no Flight and classic servers.

The rest is just small buzz, sorry legendary whiners.

10+ Year Old Account
    "how wow is no longer what is used to be" : old world, lfg tool teleport, model updates (which a lot are not really enjoying apparently), heirlooms, leveling skip with boost, and countless other things, which lead to vanilla realm being maybe the biggest disagreement at the moment

I also think a lot of people dislike how redundant current raid system iteration is (imo boss should be the difficulty not x difficulties + it'll make people even happier to buy a new expansion because they could explore the old content they missed with their new power)

the real id problem was really short, and the flight/no flight got a working solution already (in my opinion)

so tl dr classic realms
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-10-19 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minttunator View Post
    I think most of the major ones have been mentioned, except the Scourge invasion event pre-WotLK. It was pretty short-lived but it generated metric sh*ttons of butthurt back in the day!
    the issue iirc was the zombie plague killing folks in cities, interfering wtih AH peoples and what-not. When you stop to think that people were upset because they could not use AH freely inside a video game, it is kind of sad.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    No one ever called high warlord or grand marshal epics welfare.
    Yeah and then Blizzard made them purchasable by honor in 2.0 which led to a shitstorm by people who previously spent months grinding for them.

Deleted
    The biggest problem is the wild pendulum swings they make whenever they fix anything. T11 and T12 raids were a bit on the hard side, so they followed them up babys first raid, T13 DS. Heroics are too hard in cataclysm, so you can solo them in mop, too many dailies become no daily garrison etc

Removing attunement trivialized the entire game.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Actualy it should be only:

Raids - Mytihc

Dungeons - heroic and mythic only.
    Locking people out of the story is kind of retarded for any video game that tries to sell itself on rich and complex lore.

Mythic raids (to me anyway) are better served as being activated in Heroic encounters a la Ulduar. Yogg 0 was a huge accomplishment when it was current.

Having difficult 5 man content is also not a bad goal.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    The incident where they wanted to have RealID show your real name on the forum was the biggest incident, by far. I personally wouldn't have cared, but it was a huge issue and it was all over the place at the time.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    The Shaman dot shock fiasco was pretty loltastic. Made one of the more famous CMs quit.

https://www.engadget.com/2007/11/05/...rrupt-changes/
    can you share more regarding this? did the nerf go through? why did the CM quit etc

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    No one ever called high warlord or grand marshal epics welfare. You had to create a premade that played every day 8+ hrs a day every day and on my grind a guild decided they wanted to get GMs so we were looking at 14+ hrs a day just to stay ahead of them.
    I think the phrase "Welfare high warlord epics" probably referred to the 2.0 patch change where it went from the system you described, to "run a few BGs and spend honor at a vendor to get your High Warlord epic weapons".

Having said that, I remember the response being about a million happy people immediately hitting the BGs, and three grumbling High Warlords.

Not really a HUGE issue, but right before TBC when all the classes got their revamp, and Shaman just didn't because one of the devs was "sick and forgot". Oh man that was some anger from the shammy community.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Nothing has ever or will ever come close to the customers fury over the Real ID event in 2010, forcing people to use their real names on the message board.

It was incredible how quickly Blizzard back pedaled on that, a badly thought out plan that escalated quickly

"In an attempt to calm the fury, a Blizzard employee revealed his own name. Quick to respond, WoW Riot were able to find and publish many of Wipple's details including his address, phone number, age, family and even the music and films he likes, along with the links to the pages they used to do so." This happened about 30 minutes after he gave the "no need to worry message".

It was never implemented because of the outcry and later more security was added to the real ID system.

Its the one time they said they really screwed up, well without actually saying it of course..
    Yet for a long time, they still used your subscription email for real friends ID. Ensure player security by giving people half of your login and a means to harass you irl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Plus less known to the general community but Ghostcrawler's contempt and Kalgan's outright hatred of Ret.
    I was there fighting every nerf.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone was pissed at the Halloween event that turned everyone into zombies and rendered the game unplayable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Are we talking all time, or recently? If recently...

Flight/no flight
    RNG
    Gating
    "Classic" servers

Think more should be there..
    he hit the nail on the head

Finding this thread very interesting,
    What is the "classic realms" thing though, I have not heard a thing about this?

I haven't really had any agreements nor disagreements with WoW but WoD was definitely my least enjoyable expansion. The Garrison felt like a second job and sending followers out on missions was something I just did not care for at all. I know I didn't have to do it (which I didn't) but outside of the Garrison there just felt like something missing. I dunno, I like the fact that factions gave you daily quests for reputations.
    Level cap MoP and WotLK was the most enjoyable times in WoW for me.
    Forum lurker since '08. Thankfully, the majority of the mmo-c community don't represent a large number of the world's population because then we'd all be fucked.Why? People don't learn.Reason? People still respond to Jaylock threads.
    7. Years. Later.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    All three Rogue specs need to be turned back to pre-Legion.

Current state of Rogues is really, really sad.
    Preach it my friend
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.. RealID. Warlocks mid TBC change to Dark Pact from Spirit base (when locks used Spirit) to, I can't remember which stat but man, hundreds of pages on that. It was reverted, then implemented when WotLK was released. Also, We ride single file to hide our numbers. What else... that time the CM went on a rant or something, then quit. Scourge event cause issues enough people got like, 3 days credit for the massive disruptions it caused in game. Kazzak kiting? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    I think the phrase "Welfare high warlord epics" probably referred to the 2.0 patch change where it went from the system you described, to "run a few BGs and spend honor at a vendor to get your High Warlord epic weapons".

Having said that, I remember the response being about a million happy people immediately hitting the BGs, and three grumbling High Warlords.
    i had honestly completely forgotten about that... f blizzard giving away my eppiiiixxx. Although i stopped at Field marshall. forget another 3wks just for a weapon.