Quote Originally Posted by n3cr0he11 View Post
    your AK must be crap man! I see 60 AP added, u have like AK1 or Ak2.... look on Ret Pala HAA trigger, must havE AK6.....
    At least he found something cool.

OK. I'm giving up my search for now. I'm am very much on the side of world boss drop at this point. I looked at the loot tables for the world bosses and most have 3+ loot drops except 3 which only have 2items. There are 3 HAAs we have not seen yet and none of the 3 world bosses that only have 2 items have spawned. We know enhancement comes from a world boss, so I'm sure ours and the arms one is there too.

Is that during the Frost DK Artifact quest?

Quote Originally Posted by anuvik View Post
    OK. I'm giving up my search for now. I'm am very much on the side of world boss drop at this point. I looked at the loot tables for the world bosses and most have 3+ loot drops except 3 which only have 2items. There are 3 HAAs we have not seen yet and none of the 3 world bosses that only have 2 items have spawned. We know enhancement comes from a world boss, so I'm sure ours and the arms one is there too.
    No, it's not a World Boss, who was not an invention that World Boss had in the description seeking relics, what they do is plunder tombs in search of souls, not of relics

Honestly I will not comment more on this issue, just looking for runes when the object itself denies this, they have only sought in Stormheim and what is logical, when these searches nothing makes sense and things are where you least expect it, so it has been always and I do not think Blizzard is able to put the hidden frost appearance in a world boss knowing how important it is to Frostmourne and Ashbringer

That's from the Frost artifact acquisition quest when we're fighting Arthas and Ner'zhul.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeithrom View Post
    No, it's not a World Boss, who was not an invention that World Boss had in the description seeking relics, what they do is plunder tombs in search of souls, not of relics
    To be fair: although it may not be in the description of the world boss it is not unprecedented for Helya's undead vrykul to be in possession of stolen artifacts or relics. The most boring artifact acquisition quest I've done was the warswords of the valarjar. The single most interesting thing that happened the entire quest was that helya was in it because apparently she stole them. She may also be the "owner" of the Runes of the Darkening too for all we know. Helya giving a powerful weapon to a different undead vrykul that she considers a champion isn't farfetched in the least.

It is totally possible that it is a drop from some world boss because last I checked the spreadsheet of all sources the Zandalari appearance for elemental shaman was the only confirmed world boss drop. We could get a super easy artifact drop this patch and then the next hidden appearance could be more elaborate. Do you honestly expect blizzard to make 2 giant quest lines for Ashbringer? I bet the next one for it will also be a pretty simple drop so that they can put more effort into the next wave of appearances for artifacts that didn't have interesting acquisitions at all (ie Beastmaster, Elemental- not to go too far off topic but now that I think about it a Bionicle-themed quest to grab Serpentbite Titanstrike would be really awesome. Definitely better than paying a large heap of gold to some nobody npc)

And there is the possibility we are giving blizzard too much credit and the second wave could all be just as or less interesting than the first and frost could be a world drop all the same.
    Last edited by GreenDragon; 2016-10-20 at 12:07 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, been running around for quite some time now, with AK10 and all reps at exalted, talked to most NPC's around the broken isles, checked all the "regular" spots, did Maw of Souls, nothing seems to have changed.. I'll keep looking but it's looking grim..
    either it's locked behind AK12 like the retri paladin HAA was originally, it's a world boss or nighthold raid drop, like many have suggested, or there's something we're completly missing.. because even the Futhark lead is starting to loose credibility, since we're not finding anything MORE about the NPC..
    Skysin/Xavius EU

Hi guys,

So I know that this thread has been beaten to shit with theories and whatever else. I have been following for quite some time and investing a lot of time scouring the land for clues (AK9).

After some thought today regarding previous posts (I.E. Our Trigger should be Broken Isles) I came to think of a few things.

Most importantly that we have had a unique trigger from LK Images. There has to be a riddle in his words that were overlooking. It's the only thing I can think of.

The World Boss theory just doesn't work. It would have been datamined months ago.

/item=136400/shadowice-shard

Any info on these?

Quote Originally Posted by Kixx-Kevoh View Post
    Hi guys,

So I know that this thread has been beaten to shit with theories and whatever else. I have been following for quite some time and investing a lot of time scouring the land for clues (AK9).

After some thought today regarding previous posts (I.E. Our Trigger should be Broken Isles) I came to think of a few things.

Most importantly that we have had a unique trigger from LK Images. There has to be a riddle in his words that were overlooking. It's the only thing I can think of.

The World Boss theory just doesn't work. It would have been datamined months ago.
    people tryed a thousand things to do with the LK images, we came to the conclusion they dont mean anything, like the elementals from shamam.

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    That's from the Frost artifact acquisition quest when we're fighting Arthas and Ner'zhul.
    Oh! Forgot all about that!

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I have a challenge for the Frost DK community. Go to your local auction house, buy a Scroll of Forgotten Knowledge (SoFK), and use it. My thesis is that SoFK has a rare chance to change into Runes of the Darkening (RofD) for Frost DKs.

What is a SoFK, you might ask? They are an Inscription created item that is this expansion's version of Card of Omens(CoO). CoO was a silly gambling card that transformed into a different card. Most of the time the new card was a piece of garbage worth a couple silver but rarely you got a card that rewarded you with lots of gold.

This expansion:
    1) It is a Scroll instead a card. RotD is written on a scroll in the icon.
    2) It is a scroll of forgotten knowledge. RotD is "written in an ancient language that no living soul remembers."
    3) Inscription Scribes learn to make SoFK by venturing into Helheim and mastering Vrykul runes.
    4) You can only use SoFK once a week. This reduces RotD's discovery occurance.
    5) CoO was deemed "worthless" and "a waste of mats". If SoFK is considered in a similar light, this reduces RotD's discovery occurance even more and may be why no one has found RotD yet. Do you know anyone who regularly uses these scrolls?
    6) The bar for entry is as simple as going to the AH and making Inscription not-worthless.

CoO had a rare chance to turn into something amazing; maybe SoFK does too. It didn't work for me, but I can't try again for another week, so everyone needs to try at least once, and if it is true, one of us is bound to get it.

Maybe I'm wrong and this is just another crackpot "go to Maw one more time" theory, but other that a bit of gold, what do you have to lose?
    This is just crazy enough to actually work... but it all makes sense too.
    A scribe friend made me a stack of these 'for the hell of it' as payback for some other favor I did for her on my paladin. I'd thought nothing of them and was just popping them with my pally. I am now going to go look into getting as many of them made as I can and just start handing them to death knights.

This is insane. if I had the damn solution in my bags the whole time...

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Beep

Quote Originally Posted by easyrock View Post
    /item=136400/shadowice-shard

Any info on these?
    Don't think these have anything to do with us. Supposedly the Grey One has a statue inside Neltharion's Lair, with a plaque talking about Neltharion specifically.

imgur.com/Rv7nFY6.jpg for reference.

Could be wrong though! Just my 2 cents.

I've been using Scrolls of Forgotten Knowledge on my DK every week since Legion launched. Never had anything happen except profession, reputation, and AP gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixx-Kevoh View Post
    Hi guys,

I don't want to discourage this line of thought. There's quite a bit to sink your teeth into. I think what killed this was not Futhark, but the revelation that kneeling before Lordaeron's throne room triggers tracking for a future artifact appearance in a later patch. It was believed that this is what was meant by "Every King must kneel before death", or something along those lines.

My personal theory that I'm trying to figure out involves killing all the kings in a specific order:

Ranulf, Bjorn, Haldor, Tor, Skovald, Ymiron - I think that's the order for 6 of them, but don't know what other kings may be involved.
    There's also a spell in the wow db for "challenge vrykul kings" instead of challenging them individually, which means it may be possible to challenge all 4 at once somehow.

Yeaaaaaaayyyy! #100PAGESWITHOUTANYINFOHYPE #ONOURWAYTO200PAGESWITHNOINFOHYPE !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lucasg View Post
    yeaaaaaaayyyy! #100pageswithoutanyinfohype #onourwayto200pageswithnoinfohype !!!!!!!!
    yayusssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    I don't want to discourage this line of thought. There's quite a bit to sink your teeth into. I think what killed this was not Futhark, but the revelation that kneeling before Lordaeron's throne room triggers tracking for a future artifact appearance in a later patch. It was believed that this is what was meant by "Every King must kneel before death", or something along those lines.

My personal theory that I'm trying to figure out involves killing all the kings in a specific order:

Ranulf, Bjorn, Haldor, Tor, Skovald, Ymiron - I think that's the order for 6 of them, but don't know what other kings may be involved.
    There's also a spell in the wow db for "challenge vrykul kings" instead of challenging them individually, which means it may be possible to challenge all 4 at once somehow.

wouldnt there have been a counter datamined for that? or some internal tracker to track which you killed and which order? or is that sort of stuff not datamineable?

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    I've been using Scrolls of Forgotten Knowledge on my DK every week since Legion launched. Never had anything happen except profession, reputation, and AP gains.
    I respect that. Sample size could simply be too small though. or maybe AK as a factor. You were fairly high in AK though if I recall correctly.