Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The thing is I thought with the pve and pvp talents separated and how they are handling things was going to make balancing easier for them? I thought Blizz said this would make it easier to deal with pve side issues etc. The other thing I think they never really thought much about was if someone puts 30 levels into say into one spec and weapon and then decide they want to reroll to another spec and weapon, they are going to be gimped a bit until they get more AP.

I just always thought the main issue was its hard to balance pve when you always had to deal with pvp ramification and vice versa

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdsent View Post
    What we talked about was a game thats balanced.... You cant find one.. You go about it like balancing is so easy to do, yet you probably dont even know jack shit about programming.
    Hell Chess isn't even perfectly balanced as white consistently wins more often than black because white gets to move first. It's not a big difference only like 2-6% more often but still has an advantage.

Name a game where everything is completely balanced... I'll wait
    There is a gap between completely balanced and not balanced at all. When you see that they nerfed assa by 40% in pvp less than one month after release, you can have some doubt about the balancing process during beta.

Also I just saw your sig and I know that you will be defending Blizzard no matter what they do. Wasting my time here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    There is a gap between completely balanced and not balanced at all. When you see that they nerfed assa by 40% in pvp less than one month after release, you can have some doubt about the balancing process during beta.

Also I just saw your sig and I know that you will be defending Blizzard no matter what they do. Wasting my time here.
    What a dumb response... Just because I'm excited for a game I'm automatically a fan boy?

What a dumb response... Just because I'm excited for a game I'm automatically a fan boy?
    It's an easy dismissal when you (royal) don't have a decent point to offer.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    What we talked about was a game thats balanced.... You cant find one.. You go about it like balancing is so easy to do, yet you probably dont even know jack shit about programming.
    You must have been a programming genius in like 1995.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Starcraft had the balancing down to a couple of percent.

I dont think anyone expects 100% balance. Its impossible.

Within 5-10% would be acceptable with 10% becoming outliers in fights where the difference can be 40k DPS which may sound like too much and need to be reigned in.

Deleted
    Nobody is talking about 100% balance. Stop shitposting

Deleted
    Any game where you play what's equal to mirror matches in wow without handicaps like Itemlvl or Artifact Power. Quake or Unreal Tournament for example are completly balanced regardless of the balance between weapons and pickup upgrades because both sides have access to it during the fight which puts them equal.

The moment you have differences like classes you can't have perfect balance because different means not equal which extends to their strength.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Any game where you play what's equal to mirror matches in wow without handicaps like Itemlvl or Artifact Power. Quake or Unreal Tournament for example are completly balanced regardless of the balance between weapons and pickup upgrades because both sides have access to it during the fight which puts them equal.
    They're not balanced in hardware. Stuff such as latency, processor speed, available RAM, etc.. between players is almost never identical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    They're not balanced in hardware. Stuff such as latency, processor speed, available RAM, etc.. between players is almost never identical.
    Might as well complain about no balance in the players genetics, money, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    So basically, make all games like Quake or were fucked. I'm pretty sure you can find some things in that game wich shouldnt be the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Siniwelho View Post
    I think Ion is speaking about mages and not rogues because of this:

Parse numbers Heroic Emerald Nightmare ( https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#difficulty=4 )

Rogue ...... 176,776

Assassination 84,253 ... 47.7%
    Outlaw ...... 80,950 ... 45.8%
    Subtlety .... 11,573 .... 6.5%

Mage ....... 268,635

Arcane ...... 11,630 .... 4.3%
    Fire ....... 252,843 ... 94.1%
    Frost ........ 4,162 .... 1.5%
    These numbers are post-outlaw nerf, where most Rogues already rerolled to Assassination. Before the nerfs it was about 90% Outlaw.