Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

ADL Study confirms Twitter is bad as you think it is

Anti-Defamation League Study Shows “Significant Uptick” In Anti-Semitic Twitter Abuse.

Harassment and abuse on Twitter is rampant. In recent years, the platform has become a primary destination for trolls and hate groups. And as the US election season reaches its final stretch, the social network can feel increasingly toxic to women and minority groups. Today, a recently published report by the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) offers some hard data that suggests Twitter is growing more and more anti-Semitic and increasingly hostile toward journalists.

Looks like banning Milo barely dented the thing. Also Dilbert is threatening twitter with treason since they allegedly shadowbanned him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly why no one wants to buy them, the troll infestation was pretty much one of the major reasons all the prospective buyers eventually declined to make an offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see Pepe on those charts.

ADL is slacking yet again.

Are we still caring what the ADL or other "watchdog" groups care about? I kind of checked out after that one group labeled Pepe the frog a symbol of hate or whatever the hell they decided on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I don't see Pepe on those charts.

ADL is slacking yet again.
    The shitty graph is orange though. That's a subtle dig.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Also, is Zionist a slur? Aren't Zionists like a real thing?
    Yeah but it can be used as a slur. Can't remember how many nutter conspiracy theories about "Those dirty Zionists controlling America from their secret Shadow Organization" and other such rubbish.

Looking at those word webs, we can totally do better.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

People use Twitter to say bad words? It's almost like the anonymity of the internet let people say stupid shit for fun without the fear of repercussion.

Ok I have a question.

How is is HARAMBE not the largest word in the whole word cloud?

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    And as the US election season reaches its final stretch, the social network can feel increasingly toxic to women and minority groups.
    And yet the word clouds don't show that.

The vast ultra majority of Twitter hate speech is from the anti-white, anti-Israeli, anti-Jewish, anti-Christian, anti-Trump, anti-Conservative, and anti-Republican minded people.

Twitter is nothing more than a platform for "approved racism", "approved sexism", "approved bigotry", "approved intolerance", and so on.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Ok I have a question.

The vast ultra majority of Twitter hate speech is from the anti-white, anti-Israeli, anti-Jewish, anti-Christian, anti-Trump, anti-Conservative, and anti-Republican minded people.

Twitter is nothing more than a platform for "approved racism", "approved sexism", "approved bigotry", "approved intolerance", and so on.
    You might want to walk back that bit on those remarks being "anti-white"...

per the study:
    “The words that show up most in the bios of Twitter users sending the anti-Semitic tweets to journalists are; ‘Trump,’ ‘nationalist,’ ‘conservative,’ ‘American,’ and ‘white.’”

So the makers of hate speech are now mad at their own hate speech. This truly is the end of days.

Can we ever regress to the stick and stones days? As in words are just fucking words and they have no meaning if you yourself don't let them. I'll call each and everyone of you a fat piece of liberal shit. How many of you get offended ? How many of you completely ignore it or at most give yourself a quiet "fuck that guy" and roll on.

I truly ask who is in the wrong. The guy that called you a fat piece of liberal shit or you for being so emotionally fragile with such low self esteem that you care what strangers say on the internets.

I hope most of you never reproduce, but if you do, please teach your kids that other people's opinions of them do not matter in the slightest.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

A lot of it is people who aren't sincere and who are trolling.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    A lot of it is people who aren't sincere and who are trolling.
    I think Goebbels tried that defense.
    "Adolf bezahlt mir nur viel Geld für ihn zu Troll, ich nicht irgendetwas davon bedeuten!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I think Goebbels tried that defense.
    "Adolf bezahlt mir nur viel Geld für ihn zu Troll, ich nicht irgendetwas davon bedeuten!"
    Godwin! 10characters

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Godwin! 10characters
    Doesnt count as a godwin if you're being sarcastic right? :P

Deleted
    The ADL can go fuck itself.
    It essentially defines disagreeing with a jew on twitter as 'anti-semitism'.
    For instance #Jew, #Jews, #Jewish
    Is anti-Semitic apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Yeah but it can be used as a slur. Can't remember how many nutter conspiracy theories about "Those dirty Zionists controlling America from their secret Shadow Organization" and other such rubbish.
    The problem with that sentence is not the 'Zionism'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Ok I have a question.

"Anti-white"? Rofl, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Kits View Post
    "Anti-white"? Rofl, what?
    I mean hell Leslie Jones made tons of anti white tweets before people started calling her a gorilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    So the makers of hate speech are now mad at their own hate speech. This truly is the end of days.

Can we ever regress to the stick and stones days? As in words are just fucking words and they have no meaning if you yourself don't let them. I'll call each and everyone of you a fat piece of liberal shit. How many of you get offended ? How many of you completely ignore it or at most give yourself a quiet "fuck that guy" and roll on.

I truly ask who is in the wrong. The guy that called you a fat piece of liberal shit or you for being so emotionally fragile with such low self esteem that you care what strangers say on the internets.

I hope most of you never reproduce, but if you do, please teach your kids that other people's opinions of them do not matter in the slightest.
    because regression is such a brilliant idea . i believe we outgrew such antics when we were ten.
    or you could you know learn to behave like a adult instead of acting like a petulant child. name calling is what kids do.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.