Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Actually I said that they allow approved forms of hate against a wide variety of types, not that they were "racist against everybody".

You spun that shit yourself.

And there's only 1 "o" in my name.
    What's the differance? Not talking about your name having o...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don't buy it... they said the same thing before Goldwater... he didn't win, but there would be no Reagan, without Goldwater. GOP needs to return to its roots. Get behind Rand Paul or Rubio, without any in fighting. Make them by putting them front and center, but instead of being abstractionist, make clear and concise display of compromise.

Don't ignore Hillary or Obama, when they go low, you go high. There is no getting lower for GOP... but, you know what... the higher they rise, the more impressive it will be... simply due to the distance traveled... this is not the end, this is the beginning...
    I hope you're right, but in the mean time I have to see Trump's face on TV a lot, which puts me in a sour mood. Maybe I'll be in a better place come next time. My only consolation is that Hillary is fairly hawkish for a Democrat, and she might give me the opportunity to take out my frustration by shooting some deserving shitheads in some shitty country in the face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Accepting a thing and embracing a thing can be different.

Example: How the left tolerates anti-White racism from its BLM wing just to avoid criticizing people they need the support of.

In that case its about looking the other way.
    I'm white and have no clue what you are talking about.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Talk about a minority group that never EVER gets discussed. When is the last time other than a world war where Asian-Americans were discussed at any length in a political campaign?
    It is interesting considering Asians had just about as rough of a beginning here as Blacks.

But they succeeded on their own and then became a silent entity so squeaky wheel and what not.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Well...at least I can give you props for being honest about your bias?
    You can if you want to. We all have a bias. Nothing wrong with coming to terms with it. It's the pompous asses who act as though they are above bias who make my eyes roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is interesting considering Asians had just about as rough of a beginning here as Blacks.

But they succeeded on their own and then became a silent entity so squeaky wheel and what not.
    They are also a very small minority. They might even be smaller than the LGBT group (depending on what numbers you look at).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    You can if you want to. We all have a bias. Nothing wrong with coming to terms with it. It's the pompous asses who act as though they are above bias who make my eyes roll.
    It's pretty rare when people are up front about it though. But yeah, we all have bias. But we should still also be willing to examine information with an open mind.

Wait the Asians were brought over as slaves?
    Then subject to segregation?
    Racial profiling by the bad apples in the police forces?
    Lynch mobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Clearly Trump is actually Putin's Manchurian Candidate. His over-the-top, foaming adoration for Putin was very obvious. Especially when he gets caught red-handed having involvement in computer crime and panics, snorts his cocaine higher up, and then proceeds to ramble out a bunch of memorized sound bites.

Trump is a traitor, and supporting him makes that person an accomplice to a traitor. Good job helping Putin take over the US, traitors.
    The foaming is because Trump finished blowing Putin tonight.

On an unrelated note do we have agreement from both sides that Wallace was the best moderator of the three? (Excluding opinions about whether moderators should fact check or not).

I liked him repeatedly dropping the hammer on the audience.
    I thought he was the best, even if he did take a few extraneous digs at Hillary. He was hard on both of them, and seemed to command more respect from the candidates. There was considerably less chaos tonight, which was quite surprising (and pleasant).

Well Blacks voted for Hillary, who joined an all whites country club, over a man who protested with minority leaders during the civil rights movement.

Sometimes you just can't explain these things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    I hope you're right, but in the mean time I have to see Trump's face on TV a lot, which puts me in a sour mood. Maybe I'll be in a better place come next time. My only consolation is that Hillary is fairly hawkish for a Democrat, and she might give me the opportunity to take out my frustration by shooting some deserving shitheads in some shitty country in the face.
    He isn't republican... He never was... Trump is an opportunist... I think most realize that by now. He was a democrat for 10 years, independent for 10 and I think his 10 years pretending to be republican are over. I really have a lot of hope for GOP. But, I'm generally optimistic. can you imagine if this revitalizes the GOP and the next debates will be so boring about policy, it will make everyone fall asleep?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Wait the Asians were brought over as slaves?
    Then subject to segregation?
    Racial profiling by the bad apples in the police forces?
    Lynch mobs?
    Their treatment under Roosevelt was pretty horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What's the differance? Not talking about your name having o...
    Difference is if I need something from you I might turn a blind eye to what you do.

But that doesn't mean that I agree with it, only that I'm not going to try and tell you to knock it off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by badzerath View Post
    Well Blacks voted for Hillary, who joined an all whites country club, over a man who protested with minority leaders during the civil rights movement.

Sometimes you just can't explain these things.
    Yea but hot sauce in the purse makes up for all of that.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by badzerath View Post
    Hillary learned from the best:

[video=youtube;tWQJd2WuCDE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWQJd2WuCDE[video]
    Maybe it's finally time to put out a compilation without quotes cut out of context? But then that would require actually studying her positions, and that's hard... Better strawman your way to victory!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Difference is if I need something from you I might turn a blind eye to what you do.

But that doesn't mean that I agree with it, only that I'm not going to try and tell you to knock it off.
    I am sorry, not going to assume it's not my misunderstanding. But, could you put that in practical terms? I still don't understand...

10+ Year Old Account
    So did Hillary announce her road to war? Here I thought Trump would cause a nuclear war. Can I still vote for Bernie Sanders?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea but hot sauce in the purse makes up for all of that.
    Better than "I love the blacks"?

It's pretty rare when people are up front about it though. But yeah, we all have bias. But we should still also be willing to examine information with an open mind.
    You should try to do that wherever you can, but it is a rare human being indeed that can't look at a piece of data and either extract or dismiss what they want from it. I'll use myself as an example. I, like many genuine conservatives, was happy to ignore or dismiss the significance of white identity voters who've no inkling of actual conservative values within them occupying the Republican party. We, much like the Democrats with the minority identity voters, were happy to tolerate them under the idea that we could use them to get candidates we wanted into office. It was only until they gave us Trump that I and many like-minded conservatives realized we had lost the party to these people. So now we're just hoping the whole house burns down so we can start building anew.

Their treatment under Roosevelt was pretty horrific.
    No one will deny that for Japanese americans (note that's just one ethnicity not all asians.) but the 4 years of it pale in comparison to the hundreds of years for blacks. While you can compare in some ways you can't say that the Japanese had it as bad as the African American community over the centuries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drop the discussion about race. It has no place here and it's against site rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    No one will deny that for Japanese americans (note that's just one ethnicity not all asians.) but the 4 years of it pale in comparison to the hundreds of years for blacks. While you can compare in some ways you can't say that the Japanese had it as bad as the African American community over the centuries.
    Oh I'm not trying to make them equal -- just pointing out that they had struggles. And yes, the Japanese got the worst of it, but any asian has some really serious cultural/societal issues around that time.