Enhance help. Swapped to dps from healer

Hi All,

My guild had an influx of healers so I have now gone MS Enhance. First time ever maining a dps.

Looking at sims and ranking Enhance are up pretty high in terms of DPS but mine seems to be all over the shop. Can vary by 100k by boss to boss.

Below is my latest EN log as well as my armory link.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks all

Logs
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qVGYp6KXwMh43aPT/

Armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Moibur/simple

Avatar and Sig by Serryn. Amazing TY

Quote Originally Posted by Lplatehealer View Post
    Hi All,

My guild had an influx of healers so I have now gone MS Enhance. First time ever maining a dps.

Looking at sims and ranking Enhance are up pretty high in terms of DPS but mine seems to be all over the shop. Can vary by 100k by boss to boss.

Below is my latest EN log as well as my armory link.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks all

Logs
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qVGYp6KXwMh43aPT/

Armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Moibur/simple

Well, its pretty clear you came from Resto since you have crit on almost all your gear lol. You want more haste/mastery type gear... def mastery on everything you can get. Not sure how much flexibility you have with choices. Good start so far tho, you have plenty of mastery atleast. I personally would keep Ancestral Swiftness for the time being until you can get to like 16-20% haste on your own with gear, then switch AS to Hailstorm for more DPS. I'm a bit confused cause your armory says you have AS, but your combat logs show hailstorm. Hailstorm does more DPS... so you should use that eventually, just make sure you are used to the rotation.

Which artifact path are you taking? Is it the recommended route? Do you have good relics? Following the normal rotation?

One thing that I can see looking at logs is that maybe you are not using Crash Lightning often enough? It should be prioritized over LL since it uses MH attacks and can proc stormbringer. Make sure you use your CD's properly, don't stack wolves and doomwinds for example. Also remember that CL makes wolves do more damage.

Awesome thanks mate. following the the path that Icy Veins. Yeh I do not have the extra gear at the moment but will swap out crit for haste.

I have been stacking Doomwinds with wolves so will rotate those instead.

I have WA set up so constant uptime on Boulderfist, FT was using hailstorm but swapped to AS as my haste was low.

Read a few things that says not to use CL on CD and only when it would hit 2 or more targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lplatehealer View Post
    Awesome thanks mate. following the the path that Icy Veins. Yeh I do not have the extra gear at the moment but will swap out crit for haste.

I have been stacking Doomwinds with wolves so will rotate those instead.

I have WA set up so constant uptime on Boulderfist, FT was using hailstorm but swapped to AS as my haste was low.

Read a few things that says not to use CL on CD and only when it would hit 2 or more targets.

Looking at your logs, your buff uptime of frostbrand and boulderfist is really low. Aim for at least 90%+ on every fight. With stationary fights like ursoc at 95%+. Also remember casting wolves and then crash lightning is a great way to get those aoe dots in the boss for extra damage. Also use CL anytime you can when youre above 80ish Maelstrom. You can effectively fish for stormbringer procs when you use CL. I suggest using weak auras to track your buffs.

Deleted
    Your biggest issue is that your current gear has way too much crit/vers, which are the two weakest stats for enhancement at the moment. Your number one goal should be try to and get your hands on more mastery/haste gear. Second to that is your artifact weapon - when you get Unleash Doom, you're going to see a nice spike in damage as well.

As for AS vs Hailstorm, I would always take Hailstorm over AS. In almost any situation, Hailstorm wins over AS, but AS does make the rotation a little easier.

Still, you're in a good position (I looked at Ursoc), considering your itemization and "weak" artifact. Fix your gear, and you'll be amazing

Awesome TYVM everyone