Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enh Legendary Belt

So, this belt dropped for me. I previously had a pretty good (mastery+haste, 855ilvl) one, so it was a bit sad to replace it with an item that has haste+crit on it. But hey, 40ilvl is worth it, right?

Later when I got another drop, I wasn't sure if it was a good upgrade, so I used the 'best in bags' feature of AMR. And, maybe surprisingly, it started to suggest that I should replace the legendary belt with the one I had before (which I decided to keep in bags, just in case).

Is it a valid suggestion?

I'm at 864ilvl atm, casually raiding with a guild that got up to HC Cenarius, so far. I'm mostly focusing on mythic+ dungeons. Considering that, I find that the effect on the legendary belt has a pretty limited use. In mythic+ there is rarely a case when you're hitting exactly two targets and in EN, I can only think of the case when you're cleaving Xavius+Horror, Taerar+his shade (albeit very short window) and probably adds on Cenarius.

Should I just swap the belt out?

The legendary should be great for M+ trash packs. Not so much for raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    The legendary should be great for M+ trash packs. Not so much for raids.
    Many of the fights you will still get milage out of the belt. only fight off the top of my head that it really won't help at all on is Nyth, and that's only because of how fast the MC people go down. Yes it'll def be better in M+ but to say it's no good for raiding is going a bit far.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirhark View Post
    Many of the fights you will still get milage out of the belt. only fight off the top of my head that it really won't help at all on is Nyth, and that's only because of how fast the MC people go down. Yes it'll def be better in M+ but to say it's no good for raiding is going a bit far.
    Looking at a full heroic clear ran yesterday I see 1,51% damage for storm tempests. Maybe in future raids or in very specific EN situations it will be better. Right now I'm not feeling it. Would easily drop it for any other 895 with mastery/haste.

Quote Originally Posted by vichnaiev View Post
    Looking at a full heroic clear ran yesterday I see 1,51% damage for storm tempests. Maybe in future raids or in very specific EN situations it will be better. Right now I'm not feeling it. Would easily drop it for any other 895 with mastery/haste.
    Ah heroic, i was thinking Mythic bosses. Some of the extra mythic mechanics add more ads or targets to hit. like Ursoc becomes a cleave fight, nyth MC's peopel you need to burst down, and so on.

The legendary is good for cleave. Not a big amount, but it deals some "bonus" damage, not changing your rotation (only requires you to change your target to reapply the debuff).
    In single target the legendary effect deals 0 damage, though. So, if you're focusing on single (and I guess it's the case for AMR suggestions), you should compare considering the legendary as an ordinary Crit/Haste 895.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirhark View Post
    Ah heroic, i was thinking Mythic bosses. Some of the extra mythic mechanics add more ads or targets to hit. like Ursoc becomes a cleave fight, nyth MC's peopel you need to burst down, and so on.
    On Mythic Nyt is down and Eferal is next. Haven't taken a shot at Ursoc yet. You have two bears to hit and they stand close to each other? That could indeed make the leg shine.

It does happen but only once every two shouts and only for a few seconds. The time you make use of legendary depends if your group want to focus it or cleave it.

My guild is currently on M Ursoc. We decided to cleave the add, not focus it. This was my damage generation for a 20% try.

Last edited by Chesco; 2016-10-19 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesco View Post
    It does happen but only once every two shouts and only for a few seconds. The time you make use of legendary depends if your group want to focus it or cleave it.

My guild is currently on M Ursoc. We decided to cleave the add, not focus it. This was my damage generation for a 20% try.
    Even the add is not your focus, isn't it worth it to waste one SS charge on the add so that it enables the 15 sec proc on the boss?

SS hits for 123k, the proc hits for 14k x 15 hits = 210k, so for the full duration the dot is better than one SS. At 9 hits it already breaks even.
    Last edited by vichnaiev; 2016-10-19 at 07:23 PM.

Even the add is not your focus, isn't it worth it to waste one SS charge on the add so that it enables the 15 sec proc on the boss?

SS hits for 123k, the proc hits for 14k x 15 hits = 210k, so for the full duration the dot is better than one SS. At 9 hits it already breaks even.
    Oh, I forgot say this. I waited for the add to come to boss and when it arrived I put the debuff on him and changed target back to Ursoc. Usually the add died by the time Ursoc made his next charge, not sure about the time but I would say 15~20 seconds.

It is always worth changing target to apply one more debuff. It doesn't change the rotation and you get a bonus damage every second, which means pure DPS. My tooltip says ~13k every second, roughly 13k DPS bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesco View Post
    Oh, I forgot say this. I waited for the add to come to boss and when it arrived I put the debuff on him and changed target back to Ursoc. Usually the add died by the time Ursoc made his next charge, not sure about the time but I would say 15~20 seconds.

It is always worth changing target to apply one more debuff. It doesn't change the rotation and you get a bonus damage every second, which means pure DPS. My tooltip says ~13k every second, roughly 13k DPS bonus.
    Overall damage not impressive and requires you switch targets. When it's 2 it's very easy to manage, but if it was 3 or 4 it would start to get annoying.

I don't like this leg at all, but I'll have to live with it for a long time, as I don't see myself dropping another 895 anytime soon.

I found this very helpful. Thank you.

Deleted
    lucky you! I got the useless legs from my weekly cache...

Deleted
    This belt, unfortunately, seems to be on the low end. On single target fights, you are generally looking at a DPS loss, mainly for the low haste and the crit you get. The agility outweights it a little bit, but not enough. But if you have multiple adds up, and you are capable of switching between them to apply Stormstrike on all of them, you're going to rack up a lot of damage.

It would make a big difference if the debuff could zap the target it was applied to, in case of single target fights. That would turn everything around right away. But for now, put on the belt when you're clearing trash, doing mythics or similar, but put on your other belt in single target fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth View Post
    But for now, put on the belt when you're clearing trash, doing mythics or similar, but put on your other belt in single target fights.
    And that's probably what I'm gonna do.

Thank you all for the input!

I finally got my first legendary last night (was only one of two of our mythic core that still hadn't seen one) and it was this belt. I wasn't too thrilled at first, especially since I had just got the 880 haste/mastery one from Nythendra the night before. However, after doing a Maw+7 and CoS+9 last night I gotta say the effect is fantastic for mythic+. I was maintaining 500-600k dps on just about every trash pull by just tab targeting when spamming SS. It's not the greatest, comparatively speaking, but I wouldn't dismiss it entirely. In the right hands it can make a rather substantial difference.

Can't wait to see how it performs on Mythic Ursoc this weekend.
    GM of <Calm Down> [H | US-Magtheridon], Currently: 7/7M, 3/3H, 1/10M

Quote Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post
    I was maintaining 500-600k dps on just about every trash pull by just tab targeting when spamming SS. It's not the greatest, comparatively speaking, but I wouldn't dismiss it entirely. In the right hands it can make a rather substantial difference.

Can't wait to see how it performs on Mythic Ursoc this weekend.
    Can you share logs of the runs or at least skada meters? How much of that DPS is actually coming from the belt? Someone just posted Ursoc Mythic logs with it and it represented less than 3% damage.

Can you share logs of the runs or at least skada meters? How much of that DPS is actually coming from the belt? Someone just posted Ursoc Mythic logs with it and it represented less than 3% damage.
    Wasn't running logs for the runs and it's long past the point of digging up the skada meters. What I'm about to give you is purely from memory so don't take it as gospel, but I do remember on the pull right before the first boss in maw I managed to keep the debuff on all 4 or 5 adds for the duration of the pull and it was my 4th most damaging spell and did about 3m damage in about 30 seconds (give or take). The log shown above was from Mythic Ursoc which is only a 2 target fight where the add shouldn't have a 100% uptime, so it's logical the overall effect was low for that fight. I should have some more solid numbers/logs to share after Sunday (when my guild's next raid is).

Quote Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post
    Wasn't running logs for the runs and it's long past the point of digging up the skada meters. What I'm about to give you is purely from memory so don't take it as gospel, but I do remember on the pull right before the first boss in maw I managed to keep the debuff on all 4 or 5 adds for the duration of the pull and it was my 4th most damaging spell and did about 3m damage in about 30 seconds (give or take). The log shown above was from Mythic Ursoc which is only a 2 target fight where the add shouldn't have a 100% uptime, so it's logical the overall effect was low for that fight. I should have some more solid numbers/logs to share after Sunday (when my guild's next raid is).
    I'll wait for those logs. I looked up the BEST performing enh shaman in ALL of Maw Mythic+ runs. There is no better logged reference out there. I isolated his BEST peak of storm tempest 30 sec damage. The best of the best out there is 1.17 million Storm Tempests damage over 30 secs (1.2 million DPS overall). Here it is:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...739&end=121322

I don't mean to offend you, neither am I trying to discredit you. I just have a really hard time believing strangers on the internet. So either you are performing 3x better than the best logged run out there, maybe you didn't read skada correctly or maybe your OTHER damage is so low that it looks like Storm Tempests is actually amazing. In your defense, he is using a 835 sff and that could be seriously holding him down.
    Last edited by vichnaiev; 2016-10-20 at 06:38 PM.

I'll wait for those logs. I looked up the BEST performing enh shaman in ALL of Maw Mythic+ runs. There is no better logged reference out there. I isolated his BEST peak of storm tempest 30 sec damage. The best of the best out there is 1.17 million Storm Tempests damage over 30 secs (1.2 million DPS overall). Here it is:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...739&end=121322

I don't mean to offend you, neither am I trying to discredit you. I just have a really hard time believing strangers on the internet. So either you are performing 3x better than the best logged run out there, maybe you didn't read skada correctly or maybe your OTHER damage is so low that it looks like Storm Tempests is actually amazing. In your defense, he is using a 835 sff and that could be seriously holding him down.
    Nothing wrong with some healthy skepticism. Like I said I was going off memory so I could be wrong about the exact number. I at least know for a fact it was my 4th most damaging spell for that pull because I remember saying that aloud in voice. I'm also very confident I cast more than 9 stormstrikes in that 30 second span as well. Next mythic+ I do I'll be sure to record logs and share my best parses while experimenting with it.