Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flapzy View Post
    This is not a whine thread, but more like a debate on people and their skills.

Let me tell you about my legion experience so far.
    I'm not a raider in this expansion, but i do still play a lot, and only do dungeons/mythic plus.
    Through my travels i've found that random people i meet are generally incredible bad at this game, why is this?
    Some of the common mistakes is people not using their cds, unless on bosses. so they sit on something like combustion for 5-10 minutes because "trash" is not worth it....even if i pull 3 packs as a tank, still no cds on many ppl.
    Additionally some random heroics i queue up as dps on my crazy aoe fire mage. i get in see a tank 3.6m hp. about 860 ilvl, and he pulls single packs in heroics. I cry inside when i see that srsly.
    Me and my friend a pala tank and me on my mage, we were 845 when we had the worst case in this expansion, we were in group with a 866 retri, a 854 hunter and some healer. Now these are 20 and 10 ilvls above us respectively, then how come we did a combined 81% of all the damage in that BRH HC?
    It wasn't until after the dungeon i really noticed, i sat back in my chair in shock.
    There's countless examples just like that. just tried a +3 BRH. all dps were 850+ and none of them did more than 215k dps on trash packs, even big ones. like wtf?

I see people in the premade grp system asking "865 ilvl for 175k dps" What the actual fuck? Today i did EN norm on my 852 mage and did about 260k on ursoc. I don't want to brag and i don't consider myself a pro player, but just a thinking human being, trying to optimise my play.

Enough ranting from me, what do you think? Is this generally the level of performance to be expected from people in this game? Are 95% of players just plain awful?
    And if so where can i find some decent people to play with, who are not awful?
    Thread that start with 'this isn't a (fill in the blank) thread' are always a (fill in the blank) thread... you are no different.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I feel similar. I just came back from a long break to level a rogue and it just kind of astounded me that I was top dps in dungeon boss fights 95% of the time vs people who were either several levels above me or way outgeared me. I did my first raid last week with guild and was constantly 3rd-4th dps when I was at 828 ilevel and I didn't even have my 3rd relic slot, vs like 18 other dps that were all around 850 ish.

Since trash fight rotations are a bit more complicated (fast target switching, and you need to be lucky with procs) I don't usually judge myself or others on trash fight dps since there's too much variation. Sometimes you get distracted, because who cares. So I only look at boss fights.

Tbh before I quit we were running BRF and I was always 1st, 2nd or 3rd dps with much less gear than my team mates. We are just a very casual guild so I attribute it to that. I do look up the best rotation and slots for whichever spec I play.
    Last edited by Farseer; 2016-10-20 at 07:49 AM.

Deleted
    I once saw a hunter in LFR hitting the boss for the whole encounter with his sword...in WoD.

I laughed so hard

I'm not a raider in this expansion, but i do still play a lot, and only do dungeons/mythic plus.
    Through my travels i've found that random people i meet are generally incredible bad at this game, why is this?
    Some of the common mistakes is people not using their cds, unless on bosses. so they sit on something like combustion for 5-10 minutes because "trash" is not worth it....even if i pull 3 packs as a tank, still no cds on many ppl.
    Additionally some random heroics i queue up as dps on my crazy aoe fire mage. i get in see a tank 3.6m hp. about 860 ilvl, and he pulls single packs in heroics. I cry inside when i see that srsly.
    Me and my friend a pala tank and me on my mage, we were 845 when we had the worst case in this expansion, we were in group with a 866 retri, a 854 hunter and some healer. Now these are 20 and 10 ilvls above us respectively, then how come we did a combined 81% of all the damage in that BRH HC?
    It wasn't until after the dungeon i really noticed, i sat back in my chair in shock.
    There's countless examples just like that. just tried a +3 BRH. all dps were 850+ and none of them did more than 215k dps on trash packs, even big ones. like wtf?

I see people in the premade grp system asking "865 ilvl for 175k dps" What the actual fuck? Today i did EN norm on my 852 mage and did about 260k on ursoc. I don't want to brag and i don't consider myself a pro player, but just a thinking human being, trying to optimise my play.

Enough ranting from me, what do you think? Is this generally the level of performance to be expected from people in this game? Are 95% of players just plain awful?
    Yes, they are. And the best of all is that people don't care. They call themselves casual and find it acceptable to waste my time base on that justification. They can be casual (just like me) but don't waste my time. It's disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Yes, they are. And the best of all is that people don't care. They call themselves casual and find it acceptable to waste my time base on that justification. They can be casual (just like me) but don't waste my time. It's disrespectful.
    Funniest part is that casuals that don't care don't like to play with people that do... until they get a group of 5 casuals that don't care and wipe in trivial content

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Yes, yes they are... It honestly make me sad, because it's not like this game is difficult... They could be good, they just don't put in literally any effort at all, and just expect others to carry them through content, hence why the game is so casual now.
    So much this.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    think of how many people play baseball
    then think of how many people are pro baseball players

same with any sport

and that is wow
    That is honestly not a very good analogy, because it isn't about being a professional or not, it is simply about properly using the tools you are given.
    You could hand someone a baseball without expecting them to become a professional baseball player, but you would reasonably still expect them to be able to throw the ball in the right direction.

Wow this thread, it is epitome of MMOC shitposts.

It's is truly amazing to see so many professional and highly skilled players on a forum, yet you are all complaining that everyone else in WoW is a heap of shit.

Here's a great idea, why don't you all create a guild together and become challengers for world firsts since you are all so amazing.

You're the type I like to kick from dungeons, the "ffs tank pull more" "go go go" "omg *insert class here* why is your damage so low?"

It works even better when theres 2 from the same guild picking on the tank or healer, you vote to kick them, but be sure to put in the note "bad tank" or "shit healer", most of the time they don't read the name and see they are kicking their mate, and think its the tank or healer.

What do they do then? They are responsible for the removal of their mate. Ooops!

Yeah so, if you're having problems with people pulling slow, not using cooldowns in dungeons, I suggest you find a group of people you can rely on to min/max in Heroics and Mythics.

Stroll on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    That is honestly not a very good analogy, because it isn't about being a professional or not, it is simply about properly using the tools you are given.
    You could hand someone a baseball without expecting them to become a professional baseball player, but you would reasonably still expect them to be able to throw the ball in the right direction.
    Lol not in WoW. Most people I've encountered (especially those in non-competitive realms) are just flat out downsbabies. Hand/eye coordination? What is that?

I mostly do not care about someone's DPS, I just want them to fucking kick or silence mobs, it can't be that hard... (or I fucking hate it when fire mages save their small cds like combustion for bosses in mythic+ and thus be shit 90% of the time... dungeons are not raids, trash is actually harder than most bosses in mythic+)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
    Wow this thread, it is epitome of MMOC shitposts.

It's is truly amazing to see so many professional and highly skilled players on a forum, yet you are all complaining that everyone else in WoW is a heap of shit.

Here's a great idea, why don't you all create a guild together and become challengers for world firsts since you are all so amazing.

You're the type I like to kick from dungeons, the "ffs tank pull more" "go go go" "omg *insert class here* why is your damage so low?"

It works even better when theres 2 from the same guild picking on the tank or healer, you vote to kick them, but be sure to put in the note "bad tank" or "shit healer", most of the time they don't read the name and see they are kicking their mate, and think its the tank or healer.

What do they do then? They are responsible for the removal of their mate. Ooops!

Yeah so, if you're having problems with people pulling slow, not using cooldowns in dungeons, I suggest you find a group of people you can rely on to min/max in Heroics and Mythics.

Stroll on.
    The marked ones are actually those who I kick... the only non-tank who can pull more mobs if he wants is the healer, because I guess he knows that he is able to heal this, but it's bad when healer is already struggling and a DPS thinks to pull even more.

I totally get your point, I do not require people to do fantastic DPS or anything or I don't require them to be perfect etc. but they can at least kick or silence mobs sometimes.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2016-10-20 at 08:09 AM.

short and answear - yes

long answear - yes cause people play for fun not to push chars to max

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Funniest part is that casuals that don't care don't like to play with people that do... until they get a group of 5 casuals that don't care and wipe in trivial content
    Then come to the forums and ask for LFR nerfs and better rewards

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lol not in WoW. Most people I've encountered (especially those in non-competitive realms) are just flat out downsbabies. Hand/eye coordination? What is that?
    lol yeah, I know it has become so common to see horrible players that it isn't even surprising anymore, but like I said, "you would reasonably still expect them to be able to throw the ball in the right direction".
    You still notice people being stupid, because there is a reasonable expectation that if someone puts even the minimum acceptable amount of effort into the game, they wouldn't be as bad as they are. If you stopped noticing it, it would be because that "reasonable expectation" no longer existed, and "bad" became the new "acceptable".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    I tried pugging EN normal to finish up the Corrupted Essence questline... NEVER. AGAIN.

It's amazing how blizzard's butchery of LFR has allowed the terrible players to start seeping into real raiding, I feel bad for actual decent players who have to trudge through pugs like these to eventually try and enter heroic raids.
    I did 3 back to back normal runs with some around 5-8 guildies last night. We did not have a single wipe. The pugs we had were not amazing but none of them were terrible either. I pugged normal EN before as well and had no problems. So I do not quite see your point.

The problem I've seen is that people bitch, moan and rage. They are never constructive in their critisism.

I was doing heroic EoA with... noobs, ok, I'll be honest. We wiped on Serpentix because not enough trash was killed.
    What I could have done was to act like this: "omfg wtf you fucking suck im carrying your asses. fucking unistall the game!!"
    Instead, I said "we need to clear more trash".

I did end up leaving, but that was because people were slacking/being semi afk

I also tend to dislike statements that aren't angry, but more like "you suck and I don't"
    Like the dungeon I did with my rogue. Normally, when I play with my rogue, I use interrupt pretty much on CD. This time though, the tank was actually using his interrupt on CD too! I've never seen that! Now, that led to me using my interrupt on a spell just when he used his. He also had an addon which let people know how good he was at interrupting (the one that announces your interrupt).

So the tank then said something along the lines of "being so happy to play with useless rogues who don't know what interrupt is", instead of asking "rogues, can you interrupt too?"

And if you think you're such a fucking prodigy at this game that the unwashed masses in random heroics should be eternally grateful for your calming and inspiring presence, get the fuck out! You're not going to make people improve by yelling at them. Go do your daily heroic with your guild, or does no one want to come with you because of your attitude? I'd rather do a heroic dungeon with a 100k dps than someone who's at 500k and thinks he's the best player ever and keeps on yelling and raging. In fact, you're too good for WoW, aren't you? You should quit and cure cancer because you're such a skilled individual
    Last edited by Faenskap; 2016-10-20 at 08:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

It only becomes a part of you if you make it a part of you.
    Do you want to perform well? Yes? do a-l. No? cool.
    Do you want to be kicked for low performance? No? perform well. Yes? cool.

I've been kicked before (granted this was in like tbc) for doing mediocre damage on one of my toons. After that, instead of whining, I got good.
    and just because somebody was d-bag to you 10 years ago it scarred you so much that even now you feel the need to do the same to others ? just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    The problem I've seen is that people bitch, moan and rage. They are never constructive in their critisism.

I was doing heroic EoA with... noobs, ok, I'll be honest. We wiped on Serpentix because not enough trash was killed.
    What I could have done was to act like this: "omfg wtf you fucking suck im carrying your asses. fucking unistall the game!!"
    Instead, I said "we need to clear more trash".

I did end up leaving, but that was because people were slacking/being semi afk

I also tend to dislike statements that aren't angry, but more like "you suck and I don't"
    Like the dungeon I did with my rogue. Normally, when I play with my rogue, I use interrupt pretty much on CD. This time though, the tank was actually using his interrupt on CD too! I've never seen that! Now, that led to me using my interrupt on a spell just when he used his. He also had an addon which let people know how good he was at interrupting (the one that announces your interrupt).

So the tank then said something along the lines of "being so happy to play with useless rogues who don't know what interrupt is", instead of asking "rogues, can you interrupt too?"

And if you think you're such a fucking prodigy at this game that the unwashed masses in random heroics should be eternally grateful for your calming and inspiring presence, get the fuck out! You're not going to make people improve by yelling at them. Go do your daily heroic with your guild, or does no one want to come with you because of your attitude? I'd rather do a heroic dungeon with a 100k dps than someone who's at 500k and thinks he's the best player ever and keeps on yelling and raging. In fact, you're too good for WoW, aren't you? You should quit and cure cancer because you're such a skilled individual
    1000% triggered.
    If you can't take sarcasm and mean comments, go back to kindergarten
    That being said, if someone tells you to go read or l2p, tab out and google "x class y spec 7.0 dungeon"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and just because somebody was d-bag to you 10 years ago it scarred you so much that even now you feel the need to do the same to others ? just wow.
    No, I learned to get good. I don't consider getting kicked for bad performance an asshole move by the group. My performance was low. I'd be an entitled brat to expect people I don't know to slog through a dungeon with a complete stranger that isn't performing

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Kits View Post
    Yes, they are. This holds true for any game and their excuse for not even trying is "It's just a game".
    because no matter how much you will try - how much time you will spend in game those dragons wont come alive and give back those feeling you put to you - at the end of day you will still log of and go back to real life not some illusionary pixels that give you fake feeling of acomplishing fake rewards/achievmeents.

but dont worry you are no different in approach to it them heroin addict to his heroin induced dreams - both work the same releaseing dopamine in your brains and giving you feeling of happines (and both of you wil lcontiniue to say how you do it only for fun and you can stop any moment you want )

Well tbh, if I'm in a heroic or non timed mythic, no I don't tend to bother to much with CDs, I might pop my one minute one, but the rest are 2 mins upwards to 5 mins. I'd rather keep them ready incase there's a overpull or random patrol (fuck those Murlocks in the eye). I still top the damage usually, there's not really a issue. Plus, when I do pop my CDs on trash they usually die before it expires, it's not worth

If I'm with a tank who pulls 3 packs at a time, then I defiantly wait on the CDs, if the healer struggles on the first few pulls, I wait incase there's a oh shit moment. If the healer and tank are face rolling it, then sure on larger packs I'll use CDs, but I'll rotate them to have one up per pull, so there's always something up per pull

The tank example you gave, might it be possible he noticed the healer in the group wasn't great geared?

your next example, yea that can happen, just give yourself a pat on the back, politely say no if they ask for another and move on.

Personally if I really see someone struggling I'll offer them advice at the end, even if it's just going to icy veins, doesn't hurt to be nice and you might really be a help to someone

No, I learned to get good.
    and it took you 10 years to get to point where you are now - those people may be as well palying game for a month - in 10 years they probably would be on your level too - the only thing is 99 % of them will quit game before those 10 years happen.