Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...&class=Warlock
    The whole class is a joke now, not just Affliction.
    We are a pure DPS class, and the no.1 warlock in the overall class performance is like in the 150 - 200 place, and the top Affliction is like behind 350+
    Even in NM dragon, where we are suppose be 'very good' at, we getting killed by fire mage, hunters etc....
    860+ warlock(vet player, not noobs)keep getting crushed by 850 other class every day, all around the world. its not like we are not trying hard to be better, its just this game sucks.

No buff, No love, No attention, No hope.

GG!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Must admit I lol'd when I read those. I supose they are buffs...just about.

On single target where we most need help they will just about bring us back to where we are now thanks to the nerf to Contagion and Compounding Horror.

No help with ramp.
    No help with single target damage.
    No help with the way the artifact works (or I should say, doesn't work) on a fight like Ursoc
    No help with the way that talents force you into one role because the tiers are so uncompromisingly "be one or the other"

Affliction will still be awful at target switching, single target damage, fights where there are no adds

And even stronger on trash aoe. These changes do not help affliction at all where it desperately needs help, and make it stronger where it is arguably too strong already. They do not address spec imbalance at all, they make it worse.

I have come to the conclusion that the devs just regard affliction as being in a locked box marked "Mythic + trash AOE" and that is where it is going to stay

As a raid spec affliction is pretty much dead and buried

Why the heck buff agony and corruption and unstable affliction by baby steps? I just despair, it looks like they just don;t want people to play affliction, I gues sit's partly the damn artifact anchor dragging at everything, "we don;t want to disrupt the established order" which reduces to "everyone rolled destruction and has a ton of AP in it"

Yet in WOD they nerfed demonology to the ground because it had become the go-to spec that people felt obliged to play even if they hated it

Even in my guild I get the occasional "why aren;t you playing destruction" and hints dropped about "does affliction scale really well with gear?" (don;t have to be Einstein to get the implication there)

lmao
    To be honest, at this stage, anyone who is still playing Affliction only have themself to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Mechanical issue, can't be fixed in a hotfix.

Drain Life and Drain Soul were both buffed. As were Agony, Corruption, UA and Siphon Life.

Mechanical issue, won't be fixed with a hotfix.

Mechanical issue, won't be fixed in a hotfix.

Mechanical issue, won't be fixed in a hotfix.

It's going to be 7.2 at the earliest when they'll be able to do something about much of anything. In terms of 'go-to' spec, they're probably okay with Destruction being it, because it is comfortably the easiest and most forgiving of our three specs.
    honestly judging from 7.1, it seems mechanical fixes wont be fixed in actual patches either.

Quote Originally Posted by sd2400533 View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...&class=Warlock
    The whole class is a joke now, not just Affliction.
    We are a pure DPS class, and the no.1 warlock in the overall class performance is like in the 150 - 200 place, and the top Affliction is like behind 350+
    Even in NM dragon, where we are suppose be 'very good' at, we getting killed by fire mage, hunters etc....
    860+ warlock(vet player, not noobs)keep getting crushed by 850 other class every day, all around the world. its not like we are not trying hard to be better, its just this game sucks.

No buff, No love, No attention, No hope.

GG!
    I don't think the metric you're using to judge the strength of the class is very good. When you talk about the very top parses for bosses, they are going to be completely dominated by the broken specs and classes. In heroic right now with fights barely lasting three minutes (top players only do these to rank as well), of course Priests using S2M are going to be overrepresented. A lot of them probably had S2M up for most of the fight.

If a class has even a 10% disparity with the next best class, given enough time that next best class won't be anywhere near the top. For every expansion in WoW's history the top 20 for almost every fight was dominated by one, two, or three classes.

Warlocks don't need a gigantic buff. Blizzard needs to grab their balls and say "no" to the Shadow Priests who whined themselves out of the last set of nerfs. They also need to stop coddling Mages and figure out what to do about MM DPS as it's clearly just way too good in every single situation.

Deleted
    I loved affliction in MoP + WoD, Now affliction feels so retarded and clunky so i have thrown away the affliction to garbage can in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by TummyBoy View Post

If a class has even a 10% disparity with the next best class, given enough time that next best class won't be anywhere near the top. For every expansion in WoW's history the top 20 for almost every fight was dominated by one, two, or three classes.
    I still remember back in Cata, when everyone is runing Affliction, i went Destro, in MoP, I played all three spec from start to finish. Even in WoD, when Demo was at its weakest, it was still very fun to play.
    My point is, yes, you have some spce that is consistnently topping every boss, but in the past expansion the gap was never this big, if you are not a competive player, you can pretty much choose what ever spec you like to play, but now, if you choose Affliction or Forst dk, you are fuxked, you get bashed all the time by raid leader, you cant find a group to do mythic+ and you cant even easliy re-spec because of AP. Everyone is "forced" to play demo or Destro now, to me that is just shitty game design, and a big insult to all Warlock players.
    Last edited by sd2400533; 2016-10-20 at 06:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks don't need a gigantic buff. Blizzard needs to grab their balls and say "no" to the Shadow Priests who whined themselves out of the last set of nerfs. They also need to stop coddling Mages and figure out what to do about MM DPS as it's clearly just way too good in every single situation.
    It's funny that you mention those 3 specs, when all of them are getting nerfs in 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by Daveh View Post
    I loved affliction in MoP + WoD, Now affliction feels so retarded and clunky so i have thrown away the affliction to garbage can in my mind.
    How does it feel clunky? If any Warlock spec feels clunky, it's Demo.

Afflic and Destro feel fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    How does it feel clunky? If any Warlock spec feels clunky, it's Demo.

Afflic and Destro feel fine.
    I'd say Dest feels a little clunky to me, Demo isn't so much clunky as mechanical and repetitive. Aff actually plays pretty smoothly, it's just bogged down by having far too mana RNG procs that don't really have any gameplay to them, you just have to wait and hope the damage comes from them; there's nothing to particularly game about them.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-10-20 at 08:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Why do you find this surprising? Since ever, some specs are better in raids than the others.
    The issue is that Legion has such spectacularly large gaps, and there is a huge reluctance to close those gaps significantly because Blizzard themselves have admitted they do not dare disrupt the established hierarchy and order of best to worst because there has now been enough time for most players to gravitate into the best classes and to invest almost two months worth of artifact power into them

So basically if you chose a fire mage great, you are this expac's god class. If you chose affliction, tough, you're in the garbage for thenext, what, two years?

You only have to look at the latest batch of "adjustments" - the nerfs and buffs are so teeny-tiny they will not change anything. An 8% nerf to Pyroblast? A 2-3% buff to affliction?

You get th eproblem when the devs themselvs say things like "we can;t nerf fire too hard or make frost too good because that would upset all the fire mages with lots of points into their artifact"

- - - Updated - - -

They also need to stop coddling Mages and figure out what to do about MM DPS as it's clearly just way too good in every single situation.
    They won't, because lots more people play fire mages and mm hunters than any other ranged (guess why) and the devs play mages

If fire was sdemonology we'd be getting those 25% "we rather you didn't play it" nerfs by now.

We won't. High population classes are strong because lots of people play them and they do not dare risk that numbe rof subs by nerfing them significantly. This ensures of course that lots of people play them.

It's a "virtuous circle" - lots of players=buffs=lots of players+massive resistance to nerfs
    Whereas warlock and particularly affliction have fallen into a destructive cycle, basically so few people do it they aren't worth listening to and no one gives a crap about how they feel, they aren;t worth spending resources on and they sure as hell will not buff them enough to risk an afflock knocking a fire mage off his pedestal

It's the same game as politics, why do pensioners always get cossetted answer because there are lots of them and they all vote, there is really nothing fair or equitable in the way most democratic political systems treat the young as opposed to the old.

I'd say Dest feels a little clunky to me, Demo isn't so much clunky as mechanical and repetitive. Aff actually plays pretty smoothly, it's just bogged down by having far too mana RNG procs that don't really have any gameplay to them, you just have to wait and hope the damage comes from them; there's nothing to particularly game about them.
    So what is clunky about Destro?

Deleted
    It feels like wading through molasses unless you get ungodly amounts of haste
    It is totally reliant on Wreak Havoc, I get fed up with hearing people say "destro is fine" when it is massively dependent on that single indispensible talent and having fights that facilitate it

If you take Wreak Havoc out of the picture e.g. non-Mythic Ursoc, destruction joins affliction in the gutter

Which is incredibly bad design. And so easily avoidable. They could have made Chaos Bolt much stronger, and had a reducer when it combines with Havoc, result a much more effective and versatile spec that is easier to balance, rendering other talent choices meaningful and not reliant of fights conducive to Havoc

But they didn't, result, destruction leans very heavily on Havoc, and Chaos Bolt hits like a wet boodle becaus eif it didn;t, it would be ungodly strong when you could constantly fire two of them.

And, of course, there is destruction's inherent randomness, which only gets smoothed out in long fights but which sucks for anything else as you have no idea how strong your Chaos Bolts will be

10+ Year Old Account
    It lost the consistency and trackability with Shard generation over Embers, so doesn't feel quite so fluid as it was. Think the 2 shard cost on Chaos Bolt forces it to be more reactive than pre planned.

It lost the consistency and trackability with Shard generation over Embers, so doesn't feel quite so fluid as it was. Think the 2 shard cost on Chaos Bolt forces it to be more reactive than pre planned.
    I'm just gonna stop you right there. That was only in MoP when you lined up procs for Chaos Bolts. In WoD. The go to talent was the thing that made you generate embers at a massively increased rate. You Chaos Bolted more than twice as much in WoD. Chaos Bolt was like 45%+ of your total damage.

- - - Updated - - -

It feels like wading through molasses unless you get ungodly amounts of haste
    It is totally reliant on Wreak Havoc, I get fed up with hearing people say "destro is fine" when it is massively dependent on that single indispensible talent and having fights that facilitate it

If you take Wreak Havoc out of the picture e.g. non-Mythic Ursoc, destruction joins affliction in the gutter

Which is incredibly bad design. And so easily avoidable. They could have made Chaos Bolt much stronger, and had a reducer when it combines with Havoc, result a much more effective and versatile spec that is easier to balance, rendering other talent choices meaningful and not reliant of fights conducive to Havoc

But they didn't, result, destruction leans very heavily on Havoc, and Chaos Bolt hits like a wet boodle becaus eif it didn;t, it would be ungodly strong when you could constantly fire two of them.

And, of course, there is destruction's inherent randomness, which only gets smoothed out in long fights but which sucks for anything else as you have no idea how strong your Chaos Bolts will be
    Yeah no kidding, and Demo is reliant on Demonbolt for single target, and Affliction is reliant on Sow the Seeds for AoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just gonna stop you right there. That was only in MoP when you lined up procs for Chaos Bolts. In WoD. The go to talent was the thing that made you generate embers at a massively increased rate. You Chaos Bolted more than twice as much in WoD. Chaos Bolt was like 45%+ of your total damage.
    Yeah, I was never a fan of Charred Remains either. Honestly I've never made secret of the fact I was no fan of Destruction since Wrath really, but MoP played well enough and the changes since then haven't made it better. This expansion is absolutely no better. I can live with accepting we won't go back to that planned and adaptive play model; they completely killed it for Demo too. I just won't play the specs.

It is something Frost Mage now has in spades with the change to RoP, and pooling FOF charges and the on demand charges from Ebonbolt and talents. It's a better and more fun spec for it, and I'm happy to have it buffed.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-10-20 at 10:14 AM.

Yeah, I was never a fan of Charred Remains either. Honestly I've never made secret of the fact I was no fan of Destruction since Wrath really, but MoP played well enough and the changes since then haven't made it better. This expansion is absolutely no better. I can live with accepting we won't go back to that planned and adaptive play model; they completely killed it for Demo too. I just won't play the specs.

It is something Frost Mage now has in spades with the change to RoP, and pooling FOF charges and the on demand charges from Ebonbolt and talents. It's a better and more fun spec for it, and I'm happy to have it buffed.
    Well, excuse me if this sound harsh, but this is your opinion on dont like it a reactive playstyle... For those who like to plan ahead, yea, a reactive playstyle sucks, back for those who like a reactive playstyle, this Destro version is good enough, just bad in tune numbers...

That been say it, dont mean your wrong, is your opinion, but that doesnt making a fact... A fact right now is Warlock now are a reactive class, and for this, the old "hold your charges until X, but uses if you are about to cap" dont apply anymore... Or was the original idea, but people dislike that much, then the devs had to make changes to make the Legion Warlock been mostly closely to the previous incarnations. In a personal opinion, i like Destro flow right now, with RB+MT+CDF setup, making micromanage list of priority, the reactive flow make you stay on focus and pay good enough (could be better tho, but thats is another history).

Now for Affly, i had to say, dont feel like a reactive playstyle suit it well... We had to spend many GCD on maintining dots, using filler when there is nothing to react, but if a proc comes when you had very little time to refresh Agonyx20, and you just uses a filler, then you risk to lose too much dps for dont had way to react to it... Its just like spotting a car just about to hit you... Maybe if the dots were not stacking type, it wouldnt hurt that much let one, or some of then go off, but thats not the case for Affly, and is why i think a reactive playstyle dont suit it.

Deleted
    Yeah, but it still wasnt RNG-BS (besides of crit ofc) from artifact trait, belt (wish i have it), relicts, immolate and a talent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I understand that. I also call that shit but only if it truley lasts for 2 years. I give it a chance for next 5 months.
    But another five months and people will have maxxed their artifacts and invested in gear

Their biggest opportunity to reign in clear overperformers and raise up clear underperformers was weeks ago. It was painfuly obvious how strong/weak certain classes were and the really strong classes got barely touched

Honestly this is something I miss too. Fury and embers were so granular and you could plan ahead with dark soul/ trinkets etc. I will admit demonology does play smoother and more inuitive now, but at the cost of it becoming so rigid and cyclical.

But another five months and people will have maxxed their artifacts and invested in gear

Their biggest opportunity to reign in clear overperformers and raise up clear underperformers was weeks ago. It was painfuly obvious how strong/weak certain classes were and the really strong classes got barely touched
    In 5 month, everyone has artifact knowledge 25, doing the first 10 levels for their 3rd spec weapon in 3 world quests. Then it's the most easiest time to switch specs in Legion, gear-catch-up will kick-in (i expect blizzard to make it as easy as always to catch up for nighthold without running EN) and the point of "but everyone has invested so much in spec X" will be gone.

Aff plays fine, it's just very weak on target switching and ST. The thing is, improved mechanics for this are already in the game. They are in the PvP tree (for example Soul Swap), blizzard just needs to move them, adjust some number and voila. But they rather focus on stuff like CH or swapping around tank/mobility talents until they find out they'll never balance these rows...

Quote Originally Posted by Cainium View Post
    In 5 month, everyone has artifact knowledge 25, doing the first 10 levels for their 3rd spec weapon in 3 world quests. Then it's the most easiest time to switch specs in Legion, gear-catch-up will kick-in (i expect blizzard to make it as easy as always to catch up for nighthold without running EN) and the point of "but everyone has invested so much in spec X" will be gone.

Aff plays fine, it's just very weak on target switching and ST. The thing is, improved mechanics for this are already in the game. They are in the PvP tree (for example Soul Swap), blizzard just needs to move them, adjust some number and voila. But they rather focus on stuff like CH or swapping around tank/mobility talents until they find out they'll never balance these rows...
    Even when you max out your first weapon and get up to the paragon point system, for less than the cost to increase your damage by 1.5% with said paragon points you can completely max out another weapon back upto the paragon points so it won't be a huge deal. Remember we're only Artifact level 10 with what? 850% increased AP, we're yet to hit the absurd levels at research level 25 which people will be hitting in early January when AP increases over 24,000% lol.