Poll: Do you play alts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not really, I found that leveling a couple of alts and just let them gather 3-4 AK levels before starting on WQs for AP is an OK route. All in all the same, just that break between reaching 110 and playing for AP, until I reach the AK level I want I just do WQs for gear and dungeons.

Deleted
    Just play two Toons, and love it this way. Having a herd full of maxed Alts in WoD was just because there was not enough to do; Now I can pack all that time into my two loved Mains. Legion cured my Alt-itis.

Deleted
    I'm personally loving my alts. To be honest I haven't really picked a main yet. Sitting on 3 toons with 860ilvl+ with pretty decent Artifact progression, DPS is competitive with some worldoflogs rankings on my Hunter in HC already

Ya you kinda fall behind on Artifact progression but to be honest it's not a huge deal, if you're sitting on your 2nd or 3rd golden trait you can keep competitive in terms of raid progression (obviously class dependent as some depend on certain points more than others). All in all I'm enjoying the shite out of my alts, I current have 6 110's but I only intend to focus on 2 of them really. I mainly just log in once a week on the others and make sure they're upgrading their AK incase I feel like playing them down the line.

Blizzard really can't win with some of you lot.

Everything you do progresses your character slightly = I must play my main at all times or I will fall behind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scwasp View Post
    Instead of putting words in my mouth, why not try to actually explain in words why my suggestions are bad.
    Legendaries - Everyone agrees that currently the legendary system is deeply flawed. You have no way of knowing when you're getting a legendary, and when you finally do get one, often it's a feeling of deep frustration as it turn out to be one of the really worthless ones. If blizzard wants player retention, then this legendary system is not the way to do it.
    Speak for yourself. A few of my friends / guildies and myself LOVE the legendary system It adds a level of excitement doing just general things like daily quests or dungeons. Also keep in mind the only 2 legendary items I've received are on 1 character of my 6 110's and he has the neck / haste ring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Blizzard really can't win with some of you lot.

Everything you do progresses your character slightly = I must play my main at all times or I will fall behind.
    It's generally people who have issues preforming anyways. They're barely staying on the meters or having problems finding guilds and using this as a crutch. This expansion so far has just been tons of people complaining about not being flavor of the month and blaming the artifact traits and system. All while blindly looking at log/sims which are essentially irrelevant to them as they won't come close to actually preforming a rotation a sim does while obeying boss mechanics :/

Can't really say. Been enjoying my druid so much I haven't felt any desire to play any of my alts yet.

Deleted
    I have never played alts this early into an expansion...

This time around i already have 1 on max-level and another one on the way, so this could be considered an increase. :P

Deleted
    I do still play alts, but I also feel it was made more tedious/difficult to do so, or to reroll.
    The main reasons for feeling that way are the obious time-gates such as artifact knowledge order hall progression and reputation unlocks.

I'd love to see AK research being account-wide and order hall questlines being devoid of "do x 24h missions" if you've already done that.
    Even better would be account wide reputation, but I don't think that'll be very likely.

Deleted
    If AK was possible to start research at lvl 101, I would be much happier. But for now, only one 110 alt for me.

Deleted
    I feel significantly less inclined to play them, knowing that I can't waste time that would be better spent farming AP on my main.

I have five 110s. I just haven't been able to decide what to play, and while that may seem like Legion doesn't affect the choice, well... It makes me hate myself a bit more each time I change. I get further behind every time, and there's little I can do about it. I will never truly catch up research-wise. I now have to re-grind Suramar rep because the FUCKING Suramaritan achievement isn't account-wide and I was told that I need it to be able to do the 7.1 Suramar stuff. How fun is that? Not very fun. Even less so without MoP-inspired rep increase tokens.

I like having a nice sized forced, and since this expansion has killed my desire to level alts as a grinder, i've since unsubbed and uninstalled (normally, I'd just not buy a new token).

I'm addicted for forums though.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    If AK was possible to start research at lvl 101, I would be much happier. But for now, only one 110 alt for me.
    This is one of the things I'd want the most. Just unlock AK research upon completion of the entry quest. Would be great if they speed up the time reduction for research if you're way behind on the curve. If your AK level is 5 or more below the highest on your account, drop the research time down to a day and scale the remaining research proportionally.

I feel less inclined to play my alts, but as I probably wouldn't raid or do mythic+ on them anyway and they're mostly for professions, I don't feel as put off by the thought of having to progress them. I mean sure, the professions questlines seem like a bit of an undertaking on characters I'm not that skilled at playing, but if that were the only reason I would definitely still have got at least one levelled up to 110 by now.

The killer for me is the lack of a cap on AP/legendary farming for my main. In previous expansions, there's always felt like there was a natural limit to how much you could do with one character in a day once all the basic levelling was done. As it is though, I'm still some way away from my last golden trait (I chose a terrible path and realised too late that there were guides for these things... oops) and although I just got one legendary last night, it wasn't a great one so I don't want to miss out on chances for more. I'm really enjoying mythic+ and there's effectively no limit to how much you can do. So the main reason I don't play my alts isn't because I don't want to have to do all the quests and farming with them, it's because I really feel as though every scrap of my WoW time should be spent on improving my main. Once the artifact is maxed and (fingers crossed) I get a more powerful legendary, I may well feel differently.
    Last edited by Glowbear; 2016-10-20 at 02:06 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I feel more inclined to play alts in Legion then ever before. The single major reason is the artifact weapens and the class order halls story quests. Whenever i get the Artifact on a character, i feel so powerfull, which incline me to keep playing. In WoD and MoP, and to some extent Cata, i would play the first few lvls in the new zones and just really leave them be, because there was very little bait for me to keep playing. Now i can't really stop playing on an alt undtil i have atleast 1 gold trait in my artifact weapon

So the artifacts have made other classes/specs fun and exiting again. I am even saving up the experience of playing survival hunter undtil i have a week off or something like that I am for the first time ever giggling exited to play some classes.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Im just leveling my alts to 110 and let them do their Artrifact Research before i really start playing them. Sometimes i do the world boss or a wq with quite good rewards.
    Definitely would play them more, if they were same AK lvl, or at least near to, as my main. Just feels like wasting time getting that low AP rewards per time..

Time investment in the current game limits my interest in alts, but not nearly as much as the recent prunes making most classes completely devoid of enjoyment.

i love my alts and i cant wait to jump into them at some point, but i'm enjoying the single main at the moment and since it's monk i can fill any role and dont feel compelled to play another character at the moment.

I have finally gotten to a place with my main that I am considering playing an alt, except now with 7.1 maybe not. I am thinking about the artifact knowledge however and maybe I will quickly level 1-2 alts to 110 and leave them until I am ready.

Doesn't effect me. I started the expansion as a DH tank and eventually got to a point where we cleared heroic EN in the first week. I raid with a group of 12-15 friends who have all been playing with each other over the years dating back to vanilla for some. After clearing H-EN so quickly the more hardcore friends wanted to try to get back into mythic raiding and I felt a little left out because what Mythic guilds really need a tank? Especially when my available time slots are a little wonky. During that time I also had a survival hunter alt that I got up to 858 ilvl and more recently leveled an enhance shaman and Shadow priest. Now my shaman is my main sitting at 867ilvl while my others are sitting at DH(861), SV Hunt(858), and SPriest(843). Now I'm currently trying to look for a mythic guild that fits my time slots.