10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    All we're talking about is alternative skins for the artifacts, right? A kind of transmog? I don't see any reason to gate that behind raids instead of LFR.
    Because it's a reward for organised PVE.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Doesn't concern me directly, as I prefer my current transmog and I do raid twice a week, but I don't see any reason that players who struggle to raid shouldn't be able to get this.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Imagine if the artifact chain required you to achieve a certain arena rating. People would go mental.
    how ? - you litterally have to be mental to not get any rating

All we're talking about is alternative skins for the artifacts, right? A kind of transmog? I don't see any reason to gate that behind raids instead of LFR.
    Ya they don't. You get hidden artifact drops from lfr.
    Balance of power is a reward for organized group content. The end.

Doesn't concern me directly, as I prefer my current transmog and I do raid twice a week, but I don't see any reason that players who struggle to raid shouldn't be able to get this.
    LFR players don't get raid mounts so why should they get artifact skins?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

And there is no "struggle"
    There are players who refuse to raid, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Ya they don't. You get hidden artifact drops from lfr.
    Balance of power is a reward for organized group content. The end.
    Yup organized group content as in not LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

10+ Year Old Account
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

This quest has no business being restricted to Normal. It's as clear as day that it should be doable in LFR.

Nothing against a unique skin tied to organized raiding, but this is not it. There are no unique skins or colors tied to heroic or mythic, and the three other colors available for this skin all come from dungeon or world content.

It is beyond idiotic that you can't enjoy a reward from Glory of the Legion Hero (DUNGEON meta), Unleashed Monstrosities (log in every week and tag a world boss) and Mythic 15 dungeons without first unlocking the base skin in organized raiding. Arguably, if you have the ilvl to complete Mythic 15, you would be accepted in normal/hc pugs, but the other two colors are entirely unrelated to raiding, and Unleashed Monstrosities doesn't require any skill.

This is especially aggravating on alts, since Glory of the Hero is account-wide, but they still need to do Balance of Power and get the base skin before they can use the other colors. I'd much rather take my weak alts through LFR to do the quest the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th time in order to unlock a color they should already have earned, than be blocked by this stupid restriction.

I honestly don't get the "elitism" some of you people have... You don't give a rat's ass that Heroic and Mythic get nothing, but my god, Normal is ENTITLED to be special over LFR, #organized raiding pride! You're like trailer park rednecks on social security checks pointing fingers at the third world and telling them to git gud.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    This quest has no business being restricted to Normal. It's as clear as day that it should be doable in LFR.

Nothing against a unique skin tied to organized raiding, but this is not it. There are no unique skins or colors tied to heroic or mythic, and the three other colors available for this skin all come from dungeon or world content.

It is beyond idiotic that you can't enjoy a reward from Glory of the Legion Hero (DUNGEON meta), Unleashed Monstrosities (log in every week and tag a world boss) and Mythic 15 dungeons without first unlocking the base skin in organized raiding. Arguably, if you have the ilvl to complete Mythic 15, you would be accepted in normal/hc pugs, but the other two colors are entirely unrelated to raiding, and Unleashed Monstrosities doesn't require any skill.

This is especially aggravating on alts, since Glory of the Hero is account-wide, but they still need to do Balance of Power and get the base skin before they can use the other colors. I'd much rather take my weak alts through LFR to do the quest the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th time in order to unlock a color they should already have earned, than be blocked by this stupid restriction.

I honestly don't get the "elitism" some of you people have... You don't give a rat's ass that Heroic and Mythic get nothing, but my god, Normal is ENTITLED to be special over LFR, #organized raiding pride! You're like trailer park rednecks on social security checks pointing fingers at the third world and telling them to git gud.
    Exactly. Also, my point still stands - artifact quest is story and lore, and these should be in LFR as stated by Blizzard.

If the skin would be a prestige one, it would be only attainable from a mythic raid. But this is not the case, so put it in LFR already.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Exactly. Also, my point still stands - artifact quest is story and lore, and these should be in LFR as stated by Blizzard.

If the skin would be a prestige one, it would be only attainable from a mythic raid. But this is not the case, so put it in LFR already.
    It's not lore, it's a "neat quest"

It's a reward for "organized group content" not "mythic raiding"

Also, the entitlement is real as fuck

It's not lore, it's a "neat quest"

It's a reward for "organized group content" not "mythic raiding"

Also, the entitlement is real as fuck
    I counted all your arguments there. It's zero.

Not missing out on much. Finished everything available today, and have to wait till 2017 for Nighthold

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post

It's a reward for organised PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    It's a reward for organised PVE.
    You call denying a dungeon meta reward to people who don't do normal raiding first good design? What about Unleashed Monstrosities? "Congratulations for your achievement, here's a reward, but I'm sorry, you can't use it unless you clear normal for a couple of months." What do you call that?

Deleted
    And there is no "struggle"
    There are players who refuse to raid, that's it.
    That's a lot like saying:
    I want it, but i don't have the motivation to get it

Which basically means:
    I want it, but i don't want it

You call denying a dungeon meta reward to people who don't do normal raiding first good design? What about Unleashed Monstrosities? "Congratulations for your achievement, here's a reward, but I'm sorry, you can't use it unless you clear normal for a couple of months." What do you call that?
    Sorry, but was it ever called a "dungeon meta reward" in the 1st place?
    I was pretty sure that was just an assumption we had due to lack of information.

I counted all your arguments there. It's zero.
    I don't have to argue in the defense of this decision, lol.
    But you don't see arguments because you choose not to.

"hey guys, since there are no more unique weapons in normal+ raids, we're going to give normal+ raiders a cool artifact skin"
    "but we only do LFR"
    "Okay. You get the skin in normal"
    "that's not fair"
    "????"

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Sorry, but was it ever called a "dungeon meta reward" in the 1st place?
    I was pretty sure that was just an assumption we had due to lack of information.
    It literally says so in game, third skin, fourth color, "Complete the achievement, Glory of the Legion Hero".

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have to argue in the defense of this decision, lol.
    But you don't see arguments because you choose not to.

"hey guys, since there are no more unique weapons in normal+ raids, we're going to give normal+ raiders a cool artifact skin"
    "but we only do LFR"
    "Okay. You get the skin in normal"
    "that's not fair"
    "????"
    Can you not read how this quest also blocks the other colors, which are not raid rewards? If you do Glory of the Legion Hero, you will unlock a color variant, but it says you need to complete Balance of Power first.

It literally says so in game, third skin, fourth color, "Complete the achievement, Glory of the Legion Hero".

- - - Updated - - -

Can you not read how this quest also blocks the other colors, which are not raid rewards? If you do Glory of the Legion Hero, you will unlock a color variant, but it says you need to complete Balance of Power first.
    Row has a prereq.
    Do the prereq to unlock the row. Don't do the prereq, don't unlock the row.

The only players that have an issue with this are the "tag world boss and afk" crew that want the appearance through unleashed monstrosities. The players that are able/have completed legion hero/m+15 I'm 100% sure have/had no issue doing this quest (issue might lie in the quest's gating, not what the quest asks one to do)

Do you think you would be able to get the 2nd pvp skin w/o the first one? Do you think you managed to unlock all traits before completing the order hall campaign, the skin would be available to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    A reward for organised PVE?