Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Since legion is really built around no flying (covenient flight path, dense areas, actual stuff to do outside, whistle), I think its fine. At some point, when worldquests become outdated, I would still like to have it enabled for the "WEEEE Im flying!" effect+ convinience.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

I've been a supporter until recently, I'd honestly like to spend my time doing the world quests rather than just travelling to them. Pretty much how I flew between the 100 daily quests in MoP. No flying in WoD made sense due to the lack of world content but now there is loads to do. Anyway, I'm far from raging about it but I hope they don't hold it off for <2 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Never did. Spending hours running around the same maps to do the same generic world quests is driving me nuts. "Oh, next quest is 100 yards north! How wonderful! Now let me just walk around this edge for 2 hours to get there..."
    All hail Ion Itsgonnacostus, the overlord of hypocracy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    I've been a supporter until recently, I'd honestly like to spend my time doing the world quests rather than just travelling to them. Pretty much how I flew between the 100 daily quests in MoP. No flying in WoD made sense due to the lack of world content but now there is loads to do. Anyway, I'm far from raging about it but I hope they don't hold it off for <2 years.
    Exactly. It's OK for the first month, maybe the first couple of months, but I am already done with pathfinder 1 for 2 weeks now, have now 2 alts at 110, my main is almost done with reputations (4/6 exalted, soon 5/6) and there is only dungeons and world quests left (because artifact leveling....). No, world quests are not fun without flying. Creeping around on the ground is boring. Moving past the anti-illusion guards is not exciting anymore, just a routine - and with a waterstrider, Suramar City is mostly trivialised - except the area which is packed with elites so tight that you wonder what's wrong with these nobles - nobles usually like to have much space around them. Also, there are things like invisibility / vanish and CC. *yawn*

Honestly, been there, done that 100 times. If I would not be a patient and goal-oriented person, I would have quit the game now. "Things to do" is inferior to "stories to tell".

Nope, I'm not enjoying a flightless Broken Isle. At this point I'd rather it just be on.

I've leveled up twice in Beta and working on my fourth toon currently on live. I've experienced the world enough and I just want to go where I need to without the fluff.

Currently, it's hop on flight master, pick a point and AFK out. At least with flying I was actively doing something and seeing things. Now I'm just over the ground scenery (one time level is enough for me and it is not even that immersive.)

Sure we have whistles (again, go to Flight Master and afk/window out to fly) and kite, but with the kite you might as well have flying turned on since there are a few parts of the Broken Isles not registered as the Broken Isles so it's useless (looking at you Dalaran and Great Sea).

I still prefer to use a fly mount than a whistle , a heartstone or fly path.

Deleted
    I'm more than happy to have no flying for the rest of the expansion. Blizzard seems to have nailed it this time around

Deleted
    Nope, not enjoying no-flying. Flying should have been unlocked when loremaster/explorer for all areas (except suramar since its so gated) was done.

But then again, since most WQ's ain't worth doing anymore I'm not out in the world anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't like no flying in WoW. But this is mostly because I get frustrated about the amount of time you get stuck in - nothing.
    Every little rock in this goddamn game is the size of a wall, getting you stuck.

I actually find that I like being grounded, even though I thought I would hate it.
    There are, however, 2 things you must have in order to enjoy it:
    1. "Goblin Glider Kit" or similar.
    2. Mount that can walk on water.

There are only 2 things that I hate about no-flying thus far.
    1. Not being able to scale a small hill. You get almost to the top and you cannot get up the last few feet and have to run around the whole damn thing instead. Come on, Blizzard, we're killing gods and a 10 feet climb is beyond our abilities?
    2. No flying when dead. Every now and then you end up somewhere really bad and have to walk back for 10 minutes. There was one spot in Highmountain where I died and I spent almost 20 minutes trying to get back because I couldn't use the grappling hooks and couldn't find the correct path back up.

The main reason why no-flying is ok with me is probably the fact that I'm not leveling alts. If I had more than one active character at a time, I would probably side with the "give us flying" crowd simply because flyers are a huge timesaver when dividing your time across multiple characters.

skipping all replies:

The flightmaster whistle was the best solution to no flying. My issue would be to run out for quest, then having to run back to a flight point to keep going(hearthing each time is kind of counterproductive, and would be on cd most of the time.) but a 5min item that ports you to the nearest flightpath? perfect!
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

As a warrior i don't really miss it. As a rogue, yeah i do miss it sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a mega thread for this, but to answer.

Yes! Yes, I fucking love it! I've actually had more Wpvp in Legion than WoD. And the world is a bit smoother to travel, has its ups and downs, but good. And we are given the tools to pass through these lands, so it doesn't feel that casual yet.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't enjoy it in WoD, not particularly enamored by it now. In fact I'd say removing flying is one of the worst decisions blizzard ever made. They're handling it better in legion (or maybe that's just my perception as I haven't been able to play very much this expansion) but I'm sure as time goes on it'll rear its ugly head.

I'm fine with not getting it until max level. But after that, I don't need to stare at every rock and tree "just to appreciate it."

The veneer of exploring something new and exciting goes away mighty fast when you're treading the same ground a thousand times.

I'm fairly certain everyone uttered a collective cry of "it's about god damn time" when we finally got flying back in WoD. I recall very few people saying "oh darn I really enjoyed running to Nagrand every day to farm those same 15 rare elites over and over again!"

When the newness wears off for legion, I imagine a similar thing will happen. Hopefully Blizzard can more tactfully sense when that is and give us flying back in a timely manner.

I just don't really understand it as a design choice... "We need to gimp players, but we need to tactically gimp them before they start hurting from it too bad."

Why do the gimping in the first place?
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2016-10-20 at 09:52 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawstrock View Post
    skipping all replies:

The flightmaster whistle was the best solution to no flying. My issue would be to run out for quest, then having to run back to a flight point to keep going(hearthing each time is kind of counterproductive, and would be on cd most of the time.) but a 5min item that ports you to the nearest flightpath? perfect!
    Ah, I have to agree there. The whistle was a smart implementation to cut most the problem.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not too fussed by it for now. The whistle is a very good band-aid.
    Broken Isles where build a lot more mount friendly than I found Draenor was.

But then I must admit my playtime is very limited compared to previous expansions, so maybe thats why I'm not yet annoyed by it.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Deleted
    I'm pro-flight but I'm fine with it being delayed. Especially in Legion I find the zones are really easy to navigate, plus we have the whistle and some classes have teleportation spells to their class hall.

Flight will be awesome though, will probably finish up treasures, rare and quest lines on alts when it goes live.

Love it! I get to see everyone running around the world feels full and that's what I'm after.

With the whistle and gliders you get all the mobility you wish for anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really enjoying it. The Flight Masters Whistle gives just the right amount of convenience.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Nope, not in the slightest. I only log on for raids now cause the game just aint fun when i can't traverse the world fast enough. Running around for everything does indeed suck. Not even bothering doing my emmisary bags anymore. Takes too long with no real reward.