Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Immolation and Metamorphosis were Demon Hunter abilities in Warcraft 3. So they weren't stolen, they were given back to the original owners.

Demonology is much more interesting now than it ever was before.
    Nothing says spec fantasy like summoning a ton of shitty imps!

The points some people here make are incredibly stupid. Sure there were Demon Hunters in WC3 but that's no excuse for ruining the class fantasy of a spec that has been around for more than 10 years, pissing many people off. They should have never introduced Demon Hunters as a class because there already was a nethermancy/fel class in the game so why take away that niche if you're so fascinated with the whole idea of class fantasy. It's quite ironic if you ask me. You just have to look at Demon Hunters... They didn't even have enough ideas for a third spec (for the first time in the history of the game). Also Demonology was one of the most interesting specs in the game (especially during MoP). Sad stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sd2400533 View Post
    To be honest, the reason that we are in such a mess currently is because they introduced Demon hunters to the game.
    Just take a look the following key words:
    Demonic power
    Demon
    Fel-fire
    Souls
    Dark magic
    Legion

What's the first class come to mind? before 7.0 everyone would instantly say warlock, but now, like 85% of the people is gonna say Demon Hunter. Warlock player number hit all time low, fewer than monks.
    All because our unique identity has been stolen, its gone.

To make the matter worse, Blizzard had to prune our abilities to make way for DH. A list of our ability lost to or similar to DH's.
    1, Metamorphosis (given)
    2, (WL)Soul harvest > (DH) Soul fragment
    3, (WL)Chaosbolt > (DH)Eye beam
    4, (WL)Banish against Demon> (DH) Imprison against Demon
    5, (WL)Demon Leap > (DH)glide and Meta
    6, (WL)Immolation aura (given)
    7, (WL)What's that ability that replaces shadow bolt while in Meta? > (DH) Every melee ability
    8, (WL)Drain soul > (DH) Soul cleave

list can go on, but as you can see everything DH use is similar to us. I bet some of the ability was designed for warlock at some point, but we never got it.
    We are like that kid in a big family that no one cares about, even more so when there is a new born in the house that looks exactly like us....
    At this point, the only thing we can do is pray that Blizzard doesn't completely forget us.
    As both a warlock and a demon hunter player. I have a few things to say.

(1) You don't know what you are talking about
    (2) Demonology should have never gone the route it did.

Warlocks and demon hunters are quite different in how they utilize fel magic.

First and foremost melee vs caster.

I love the new demonology spec. I love being a minion master it is something I have wanted since day 1 really. I had really hoped that death knights would fulfill that role, but they didn't. After all these years, it was sooooooo worth the wait. Totally love my lock again (which was my first main in vanilla)

Metamorphosis didn't make sense for a warlock. Yes it was fun at times, but it didn't make sense. If you REALLY liked it, then just play a demon hunter. Its not like you have to invest a whole lot of time, it started at 98 for fucks sake. If you ignore the armor upgrades and just use heirloom gear, you'll be 101 almost 102 by the time you leave the starting DH zone.

Also you comparison of 1:1 abilities don't even make sense, and actually there are OTHER DH abilities that make more sense than some of the ones you have listed, which again goes to show that you know not of what you speak.

Demon Hunters are great, and warlock are better off. Its a win/win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Nothing says spec fantasy like summoning a ton of shitty imps!
    You not liking spec fantasy is not our fault, not demon hunters fault, nor is that the developers fault. Some of us are quite satisfied.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    The points some people here make are incredibly stupid. Sure there were Demon Hunters in WC3 but that's no excuse for ruining the class fantasy of a spec that has been around for more than 10 years, pissing many people off. They should have never introduced Demon Hunters as a class because there already was a nethermancy/fel class in the game so why take away that niche if you're so fascinated with the whole idea of class fantasy. It's quite ironic if you ask me. You just have to look at Demon Hunters... They didn't even have enough ideas for a third spec (for the first time in the history of the game). Also Demonology was one of the most interesting specs in the game (especially during MoP). Sad stuff.
    (1) Demonolgy locks haven't had meta for 10 years, it was added in WotLK so max 7 years
    (2) They really should have never dabbled in metamorphosis to begin with, because when they did all locks cried about was making a pure melee/tank spec (you have it now, go play a DH)
    (3) The number of available specs is irrelevant I'd rather have 2 solid specs to play rather then them sticking to the "we must have 3 specs" model and have lackluster watered down specs as a result

Again they started at 98, I am not sure what the real issue is here.

For the sake of argument lets say they didn't add DHs and everything that is a DH, was wrapped up into a warlock demonology tank/dps spec, how would you feel?

You wouldn't have the minion master option for a warlock.

Why does it matter that they made an entirely new class out of it instead of simply a spec? Why can't you simply re-roll? Honestly, this is what a lot of warlocks wanted. I am sure I could necro 20 or more threads about it if you like.

I will admit, I would have preferred summoning a jailor or fel lord or even broodmother over some shitty dreadstalkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    First I apparently insulted you, now apparently I mocked you. These goalposts sure aren't anchored very well. Once again, if you were insulted by me criticizing your choice of first post that's on you, not me. There was no insult included in my post.

One instance of an insult does not do anything to prove that, as you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Most of the posts here are insults.
    So once again - prove that most of the posts here are insults. That means you're going to have to go through them all and count the ones with insults, because that's what the burden of proof demands of you.

Or, alternately, you could just admit you're wrong, but I don't expect that based on your inability so far to defend your position.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-10-14 at 08:57 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

It's funny going through the demon hunter starting area/class campaign and seeing how much "warlock" stuff there is in there. They even have their own demonic gateway, and use souls as a resource to make it. The warlock class fantasy is now just "shitty demon hunter".

You not liking spec fantasy is not our fault, not demon hunters fault, nor is that the developers fault. Some of us are quite satisfied.
    Uhhh yes it is the developer's fault.

Summoning a bunch of shitty imps is a fucking awful "fantasy" for a spec that's about being the bestest summoner ever.

But I'm sure the devs appreciate the white knighting.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    First I apparently insulted you, now apparently I mocked you. These goalposts sure aren't anchored very well. Once again, if you were insulted by me criticizing your choice of first post that's on you, not me. There was no insult included in my post.

One instance of an insult does not do anything to prove that, as you said:

So once again - prove that most of the posts here are insults. That means you're going to have to go through them all and count the ones with insults, because that's what the burden of proof demands of you.

Or, alternately, you could just admit you're wrong, but I don't expect that based on your inability so far to defend your position.
    Lmfao. I guess you have one of those inner city educations. I'll let you look up the definition of insult and mock and get back to me. Class dismissed.

Also it's a two way street. You have to go through all the posts and count them to prove me wrong.

warlocks should be able to banish and enslave demon (make it work like mind control) on demon hunters in pvp lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Lmfao. I guess you have one of those inner city educations. I'll let you look up the definition of insult and mock and get back to me. Class dismissed.

Also it's a two way street. You have to go through all the posts and count them to prove me wrong.
    That you believe this is not altogether unsurprising. It's called the burden of proof, and it falls on the person making the claim, not the person refuting it. That's why we prove guilt instead of innocence in courts of law. It permeates every aspect of modern human culture, so it's something fairly important that you should get familiar with.

If you're going to start posting on threads and throwing out accusations of people having poor educations you might want to brush up on the basics of debate rhetoric. I'm not concerned with what you think my education credentials are, as allowing you to voice your opinions has so far painted for us a far better picture of your own.

Here's a few links to help you out.

Rhetorical devices (Just the basics of rhetoric.)

Logical Fallacies (Since you rely heavily on them.)

Burden of proof (It's actually not a two-way street.)
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-10-14 at 10:42 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by sd2400533 View Post
    To be honest, the reason that we are in such a mess currently.
    What mess are we in?

Deleted
    Oh god this thread...the perfect stereotype of the whiny childish typical player of WoW.

Its sad to see that there are so many within the warlock community.

I can't wait when they will release a blademaster class and have the warriors and rogue and mages cry about that

Terrible community

Warlocks are casters that don't let rules stop them. They are masters of the Arcane, Necromancy magic and the Elements. They use blood magic and Shadow magic they are Summoners... Then they add a little Fel to make it all work or bend it to their will. Warlocks are the caster that robs and pillages the other casters to make it their own. Blizzard seems to have forgotten that fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Warlocks are casters that don't let rules stop them. They are masters of the Arcane, Necromancy magic and the Elements. They use blood magic and Shadow magic they are Summoners... Then they add a little Fel to make it all work or bend it to their will. Warlocks are the caster that robs and pillages the other casters to make it their own. Blizzard seems to have forgotten that fact.

Yes and ele shamans are all Thrall level of opiness and should kill a deathwing for their breakfast

Hope you are aware that a multitude of abilities was "stolen" from the original DEMON HUNTER from warcraft?... (not wow, but WARCRAFT) Evasion / mana burn / immolation aura / meta... probably more though my memory is weak....

though i agree that warlocks looks BORING AF in legion... (myself being a warlock since vanilla)

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Immolation and Metamorphosis were Demon Hunter abilities in Warcraft 3. So they weren't stolen, they were given back to the original owners.

Demonology is much more interesting now than it ever was before.
    No it's not. Your ignorance is absolutely astounding and at this point, I'm like a broken record for saying that but good grief it's unbearable how many people are incapable of reading or thinking. There were no "Demon Hunters" in Warcraft III, it was literally just Illidan and he ONLY gained his demonic abilities by absorbing the Skull of Gul'dan---the skull of a warlock. If you thinking spamming Demonic Empowerment and summoning the same imps and "dogs" ad nauseam is "interesting" then your opinion has lost all merit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    No it's not. Your ignorance is absolutely astounding and at this point, I'm like a broken record for saying that but good grief it's unbearable how many people are incapable of reading or thinking. There were no "Demon Hunters" in Warcraft III, it was literally just Illidan and he ONLY gained his demonic abilities by absorbing the Skull of Gul'dan---the skull of a warlock. If you thinking spamming Demonic Empowerment and summoning the same imps and "dogs" ad nauseam is "interesting" then your opinion has lost all merit.

What is this stupid spin you are making to try to prove your point? Demon hunter was a CLASS in warcraft 3 as much as the blademaster was one, derived from Samuro and Grom. Thrall had its own class equivalent too, Cairn was the warrior, Uther the paladin.

It was not only Illidan after he gained demonic abilities, he already had most of these spells since the very first minute we control him. So no, sorry, lorewise it should only be Illidan who has the demonic capacity but gameplay wise, there was already a demonhunter class in warcraft 3.

And by the way, opinions? Demonology has issues with the rotation of course, but at least it goes in the right direction. It doesn't matter how butthurt you are because you liked the previous iteration of the spec, your opinion doesn't matter and trying to cry about demonhunters just shows how childish you people really are. Blizzard must be laughing and they are right, the community of this game is horrendous
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2016-10-20 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    the community of this game is horrendous
    You're right... and you're part of the problem; people like you who have no idea what they're talking about. I'm guessing you haven't actually played a warlock long enough (if at all) to understand where our complaints come from or why we're unhappy about this expansion. Of course you're the type of person who could have it explained perfectly in a civil manner and you would still stick your fingers in your ear and just scream loudly that we're to blame and not Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    You're right... and you're part of the problem; people like you who have no idea what they're talking about. I'm guessing you haven't actually played a warlock long enough (if at all) to understand where our complaints come from or why we're unhappy about this expansion. Of course you're the type of person who could have it explained perfectly in a civil manner and you would still stick your fingers in your ear and just scream loudly that we're to blame and not Blizzard.

I see you dodged the part where I proved that you talked BS about demon hunters in warcraft 3.

These kind of threads serve no purpose other than whining for the sake of it and giving a quite pathetic image of a class community. If you don't enjoy something about a spec/class don't be an ass and start belittling anyone who dares say otherwise.

Saying to someone "no you are ignorant, blablabla, the class is broken shut up" whenever someone DARES to enjoy something about the said class is pretty revealing of how immature you lot are. I see this in every class discussion, its like no one can say they perform well or enjoy the class without having a butthurt kid coming about with the usual bullshit "your team mates must suck" "you lie" "you are a newbie to the class don't talk".

Just roll to the precious DH which seem to be the receptacle of all your rage and then complain when they get nerfed (oh wait that already happened and the FOTM all returned to their mains, tears in their cheeks).

But don't let pragmatics get in the way of your senseless permanent rant.
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2016-10-20 at 10:59 AM.

Warlocks never should have gotten metamorphosis to begin with. It's an iconic demon hunter ability from WC3 and arguing otherwise is ridiculous. When I skirmish as Night Elves and I get a demon hunter hero his ultimate is metamorphosis.

You are allowed to be upset that warlocks lost metamorphosis because you liked it, but that's really where it should end. And if you loved metamorphosis as much as some of you complain you should be more than happy to reroll to DH to get it back.