Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    It literally says so in game, third skin, fourth color, "Complete the achievement, Glory of the Legion Hero".

- - - Updated - - -

Can you not read how this quest also blocks the other colors, which are not raid rewards? If you do Glory of the Legion Hero, you will unlock a color variant, but it says you need to complete Balance of Power first.
    You're reading that backwards. For every skin you have to unlock the first color first.
    So it's actually "you unlocked this artifact variant through organized raiding, here are some OTHER pve related achievements to get new colors for it".

And the point made at the very beginning of this topic still stands: Normal is so easy my dog could pug it and succeed. If you're not doing normal, it's because you DON'T WANT TO, therefore you should not get rewards. LFR is tourist mode, I'm glad they added tier sets back to it, but that where it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Row has a prereq.
    Do the prereq to unlock the row. Don't do the prereq, don't unlock the row.

The only players that have an issue with this are the "tag world boss and afk" crew that want the appearance through unleashed monstrosities. The players that are able/have completed legion hero/m+15 I'm 100% sure have/had no issue doing this quest (issue might lie in the quest's gating, not what the quest asks one to do)
    Look, if this row was Balance of Power quest > Mythic Xavius > Mythic Gul'dan > Raid Meta, then fine, it's the organized raiding row. Raid or get it later, ok.

But this is Balance of Power > World Bosses > Mythic 15 > Dungeon Meta. None of the three justifies a raiding prereq. Mythic 15 only connects because of the item level, but keep in mind even Mythic 15 will be piss easy a few patches down the road when we have inflated ilvls. It's even more stupid since apparently it requires Nighthold as well.

The general rule with all the other skins is that the additional colors are harder to get than the first one. This is the only case where you unlock the recolors first and then have to wait out to get the original skin. It's clear as day it's bad design, and being able to complete the quest in LFR would have alleviated this (would have been nice if it didn't require Nighthold at this point, too).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    You're reading that backwards. For every skin you have to unlock the first color first.
    So it's actually "you unlocked this artifact variant through organized raiding, here are some OTHER pve related achievements to get new colors for it".

And the point made at the very beginning of this topic still stands: Normal is so easy my dog could pug it and succeed. If you're not doing normal, it's because you DON'T WANT TO, therefore you should not get rewards. LFR is tourist mode, I'm glad they added tier sets back to it, but that where it ends.
    Like I said, the color variants are usually progressive in time requirement or difficulty. At this point Glory of the Legion Hero is the most accessible, while Unleashed is merely time gated.

It is not a good feeling, or good design, to unlock step 4 of something before you can unlock step 1. And if Normal is that god damn easy, then what's the big deal about making it available in LFR? It's not like you deserve it for doing Normal, if your dog could do it it's not really an achievement, it's all about getting people to grind weekly for the 30 essences. Hint hint, they can hook more people to the grind if they can do it in LFR.

Look, if this row was Balance of Power quest > Mythic Xavius > Mythic Gul'dan > Raid Meta, then fine, it's the organized raiding row. Raid or get it later, ok.

But this is Balance of Power > World Bosses > Mythic 15 > Dungeon Meta. None of the three justifies a raiding prereq. Mythic 15 only connects because of the item level, but keep in mind even Mythic 15 will be piss easy a few patches down the road when we have inflated ilvls. It's even more stupid since apparently it requires Nighthold as well.

The general rule with all the other skins is that the additional colors are harder to get than the first one. This is the only case where you unlock the recolors first and then have to wait out to get the original skin. It's clear as day it's bad design, and being able to complete the quest in LFR would have alleviated this (would have been nice if it didn't require Nighthold at this point, too).
    It's bad design because you put you fingers in your ears, scream LA LA LA LA and ignore everything around you.
    It's the organized pve row. A quest is a fine entry point. You're just salty that you can't tag the 8 bosses and get the hidden skin. They want you to actually try.

And guess what. A quest doable in mythic dungeons and normal raids is an extremely easy feat. The intended audience being the mythic dungeon/normal+ raiders.

Like I said, the color variants are usually progressive in time requirement or difficulty. At this point Glory of the Legion Hero is the most accessible, while Unleashed is merely time gated.

]It is not a good feeling, or good design, to unlock step 4 of something before you can unlock step 1. And if Normal is that god damn easy, then what's the big deal about making it available in LFR? It's not like you deserve it for doing Normal, if your dog could do it it's not really an achievement, it's all about getting people to grind weekly for the 30 essences. Hint hint, they can hook more people to the grind if they can do it in LFR.
    The point isn't to hook more people. The point is to reward organized group content.

It's fine, it's just another skin.
    And since we rogues get the best artifact skin from two different dungeons it doesn't matter for any other classes that they need to do a proper raid.

If you're unhappy with that, simply create a rogue, level to 110, get you artifact knowledge up, farm Neltharion's Lair and Vault of the Wardens until your eyes bleed and profit.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z5

It's bad design because you put you fingers in your ears, scream LA LA LA LA and ignore everything around you.
    It's the organized pve row. A quest is a fine entry point. You're just salty that you can't tag the 8 bosses and get the hidden skin. They want you to actually try.

And guess what. A quest doable in mythic dungeons and normal raids is an extremely easy feat. The intended audience being the mythic dungeon/normal+ raiders.
    I'm not salty, I get carried by my mythic raider friends every week, except when I have too much work and don't have time to show up for the farm runs. Hence I'm only 15/30 atm. I'm also halfway done with the dungeon meta, which I foresee I will finish first.

The point isn't to hook more people. The point is to reward organized group content.
    Considering they lost millions of subs in WoD because they took tier out of LFR, gating this one skin row behind Normal is particularly stupid, especially since they weren't consistent enough to keep the rest of the colors locked to raids.

P.S. Organized dungeon content =/= organized raiding.

Deleted

It is not a good feeling, or good design, to unlock step 4 of something before you can unlock step 1. And if Normal is that god damn easy, then what's the big deal about making it available in LFR? It's not like you deserve it for doing Normal, if your dog could do it it's not really an achievement, it's all about getting people to grind weekly for the 30 essences. Hint hint, they can hook more people to the grind if they can do it in LFR.
    Normal is easy, LFR is braindead. They don't want you to get rewards from autoattacking a boss while standing on fire.
    Hint hint, they don't want to hook people into a grind, they want people to actually play the game to get cosmetic rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    they really should change it back to being completable in LFR. why change the system now? its been doable in lfr for years.
    How so? This questline was only released weeks ago and never awarded credit in LFR.

Deleted
    It literally says so in game, third skin, fourth color, "Complete the achievement, Glory of the Legion Hero".
    That achivement by itself gives you a mount; a good looking one at that.
    The skin itself is a bonus for someone who did both; the quest AND the achivement.

Do you also call the secret appearance a PvP skin... since you know, the unlock criteria of 1 variation says: Kill 1000 players with any secret appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    That achivement by itself gives you a mount; a good looking one at that.
    The skin itself is a bonus for someone who did both; the quest AND the achivement.

Do you also call the secret appearance a PvP skin... since you know, the unlock criteria of 1 variation says: Kill 1000 players with any secret appearance?
    Is anyone on your side interested in a reasonable conversation, or are you just spinning arguments? It doesn't matter what else the achievement gives, it gives this visual too, and it shouldn't be gated by something entirely unrelated.

The hidden skin opens up into solo, group and pvp variants, but only once you get the original appearance. You don't unlock the 4th color if you killed 1000 players before you found the original skin.

Deleted
    Considering they lost millions of subs in WoD because they took tier out of LFR,
    And now you're just literally making shit up....

Deleted
    Is anyone on your side interested in a reasonable conversation, or are you just spinning arguments? It doesn't matter what else the achievement gives, it gives this visual too, and it shouldn't be gated by something entirely unrelated.

The hidden skin opens up into solo, group and pvp variants, but only once you get the original appearance. You don't unlock the 4th color if you killed 1000 players before you found the original skin.
    How the 1st paragraph reads: It gives me this shiny, but that shiny over there looks good too... so it should give me both shinies!

2nd paragraph: Which is exactly how this one works as well. You unlock the initial skin trough playing all sorts of available group-content. You don't unlock the 4th color if you completed this achivement before you actually earned the initial skin.

...so you agree that legion hero shouldn't unlock the skin, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Habix View Post
    And now you're just literally making shit up....
    I don't think so. WoD was a desert of content, but the casuals had it worst. Do you think they would have reintroduced tier in LFR if they hadn't realized removing it meant major sub losses?

The only reason this quest isn't doable there as well is that some of them still have an elitist carrot stuck up their bunghole and they couldn't live with themselves letting LFR players have their fun. But it rings hollow, because heroic and mythic don't get anything unique.

I don't think so. WoD was a desert of content, but the casuals had it worst. Do you think they would have reintroduced tier in LFR if they hadn't realized removing it meant major sub losses?

The only reason this quest isn't doable there as well is that some of them still have an elitist carrot stuck up their bunghole and they couldn't live with themselves letting LFR players have their fun. But it rings hollow, because heroic and mythic don't get anything unique.
    I'm ok with that. Heroic never gave anything different from normal save H archimonde, and mythic (old heroic) gives you titles.

I'm ok with that. Heroic never gave anything different from normal save H archimonde, and mythic (old heroic) gives you titles.
    Ok? And long raid quests, i.e. the legendary chains, were doable in LFR before, so by your logic this should be too.

You know what? Whatever. I'm going to stop the conversation right here and link to my original argument, which wasn't addressed at all before being buried in your nonsense, in case anyone is interested.

10+ Year Old Account

Organised PVE, not organised raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Lack of tier made LFR useless for anyone looking to move up to N+, hence tier came back.

- - - Updated - - -

This quest has no business being restricted to Normal. It's as clear as day that it should be doable in LFR.

Nothing against a unique skin tied to organized raiding, but this is not it. There are no unique skins or colors tied to heroic or mythic, and the three other colors available for this skin all come from dungeon or world content.

It is beyond idiotic that you can't enjoy a reward from Glory of the Legion Hero (DUNGEON meta), Unleashed Monstrosities (log in every week and tag a world boss) and Mythic 15 dungeons without first unlocking the base skin in organized raiding. Arguably, if you have the ilvl to complete Mythic 15, you would be accepted in normal/hc pugs, but the other two colors are entirely unrelated to raiding, and Unleashed Monstrosities doesn't require any skill.

This is especially aggravating on alts, since Glory of the Hero is account-wide, but they still need to do Balance of Power and get the base skin before they can use the other colors. I'd much rather take my weak alts through LFR to do the quest the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th time in order to unlock a color they should already have earned, than be blocked by this stupid restriction.

I honestly don't get the "elitism" some of you people have... You don't give a rat's ass that Heroic and Mythic get nothing, but my god, Normal is ENTITLED to be special over LFR, #organized raiding pride! You're like trailer park rednecks on social security checks pointing fingers at the third world and telling them to git gud.
    Blizzard has stated that the model and associated recolors are a reward for organised PVE.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Ok? And long raid quests, i.e. the legendary chains, were doable in LFR before, so by your logic this should be too.

You know what? Whatever. I'm going to stop the conversation right here and link to my original argument, which wasn't addressed at all before being buried in your nonsense, in case anyone is interested.
    This is a cosmetic appearance, not a powerful item.

And @ your original post, the unlock is a quest so it isn't account bound. Working as intended. Your main has earned the skin, not your alts.

Deleted

If you think that all, or even a majority, of the sub losses in wod were even remotely connected to not having tier in LFR, you're nothing but delusional...
    sure there could be a few people who might have unsubbed for it, but most unsubbed due to lack of content and things to do outside of raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Habix View Post
    If you think that all, or even a majority, of the sub losses in wod were even remotely connected to not having tier in LFR, you're nothing but delusional...
    sure there could be a few people who might have unsubbed for it, but most unsubbed due to lack of content and things to do outside of raids.
    I would say losing tier from lfr was another nail in the coffin and probabky even a final one for money. Terrible decisions do not need to stand on their own to.count towards sub losses. The content was there. The things to dk were there. No reason to do any of them though. Reward model gutted including lfr to cater to the top end as always.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

LFR just needs to go. It's the easiest level of instanced play in the game. Hell, a lot of legacy raids are still harder on normal than current content is on LFR difficulty. If people want to see content, watch a Youtube video or join a PUG raid in /2 or LFG.