Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Indeed, the gating in Legion is seriously messed up. Another example is that it is borderline impossible to get to exalted with the nightfallen and unlock the class hall shoulders without getting better shoulders first.
    I disagree. How likely is it, that someone who doesn't do mythics of any sort got a ilvl850+ shoulderpiece?
    The whole set is aimed at people who only do WQs... which is evident from the resource-costs and the set-bonuses. And rewards from those usually only scale up to 835 with the occasional WF and rare TF.

Indeed, the gating in Legion is seriously messed up. Another example is that it is borderline impossible to get to exalted with the nightfallen and unlock the class hall shoulders without getting better shoulders first.
    Lol i got hc raid shoulders before getting those idd
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I disagree. How likely is it, that someone who doesn't do mythics of any sort got a ilvl850+ shoulderpiece?
    The whole set is aimed at people who only do WQs... which is evident from the resource-costs and the set-bonuses. And rewards from those usually only scale up to 835 with the occasional WF and rare TF.
    on both my warrior and hunter ive got better shoulders from world quests. Titanforged both of them. Not even honored with the warrior

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Almost certain.

I have gotten better from multiple WQs and heroics, IIRC you can also get better from LFR.

Deleted
    Almost certain.
    I have gotten better from multiple WQs and heroics, IIRC you can also get better from LFR.
    You can... if you play enough. There's no denying that.
    But you might not be the type of player they aimed those at.

Besides: It still gives a nice transmog. I remember when they revealed these sets; everyone complained why they are so easy to obtain... and here we have people now complaining why they have to work for them. Cannot win them all, i guess?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can... if you play enough. There's no denying that.
    That's the point, if you play enough to unlock the shoulders you are virtually guaranteed to already have better shoulders. The only way somebody could avoid it is by deliberately avoiding all group content, world bosses, any world quests that don't give nightfallen rep and any world quests that give nightfallen rep plus shoulders.

Basically they made gear aimed at players who will get better by doing the stuff they need to do to unlock the gear (it sounds dumb because it is).

A good solution would be for the vendor to also sell an extra armor kit to upgrade 850 pieces to 860.

Deleted
    A good solution would be for the vendor to also sell an extra armor kit to upgrade 850 pieces to 860.
    It should be upgradable all the way to 900. Those who would do it, are gimped enough by not being able to itemize their stats properly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It should be upgradable all the way to 900. Those who would do it, are gimped enough by not being able to itemize their stats properly.
    Oh, but you already have the tier set to fill that role. Most pieces of the class-hall-set are way better itemized than the tier set. At least that's how it works for ret-pallies.