Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Since I was a bit curious about your thread, I compared your kill with another one in the same format/kill timer that you can see here (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ne&target=26,2) and nothing seems strange as far as boss damage goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberie View Post
    How come the guild you were with doesn't have logs for that one fight but they have for every other in that run?
    They probably removed it because it's clearly an innacurate log.

When you expect target dummy dps from a fucking movement fight like elerethe then it most likely is you not the log.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Prepotting shows up in logs.
    The damage from it does; but the cast itself doesn't... which is what i was getting at...
    for instance:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=233150

Note the "count of casts = 1" even thou there are 2 spikes of damage coming from it at different parts of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    The damage from it does; but the cast itself doesn't... which is what i was getting at...
    for instance:

Note the "count of casts = 1" even thou there are 2 spikes of damage coming from it at different parts of the fight.
    That is because your first cast is before the encounter starts (aka prepot).

Use buffs for pots https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=188028

You can clearly see he had the buff twice.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Are you comparing your dummy-dps to Elrethe? A fight where the boss will at times be untargettable, you spend a lot of time moving, handling adds etc. ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    for instance:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=19

Shows up fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    That is because your first cast is before the encounter starts (aka prepot).

Use buffs for pots https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=188028

You can clearly see he had the buff twice.
    Ok, i stand corrected.
    Btw this is my log not his log...

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Last 2 weeks i did 256k and 241k, now all of a sudden this week i only did 216k? No...but again im not trying to argue here, just posting a log that has absolutely nothing to do with what actually happened.
    Im not trying to argue here, but im going to throw Warcraft Logs under the bus.

Sounds legit.

Seeing as you refuse to accept that maybe you did something wrong on this fight (please, dont compare with dummy DPS, you sound like an idiot) the log can be inaccurate due to player side problems. The log comes from the combatlog.txt and it can become corrupted with size etc. Distance can also sometimes mess up the logging accuracy.

Instead of having a whinge, accept that in some instances, things go wrong and move on.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2016-10-20 at 09:28 AM.

I'm sure you did loads of DPS while running about the platforms and webs. There's a shitload of downtime in this fight. I'm far more inclined to believe Warcraft Logs over OPs claim. OP just doesn't understand that damage/time=DPS. If your damage meters in game are set to only count DPS when you're hitting things, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first thing I've always been taught, don't follow the numbers on the raiding dummy.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...96&end=1124733

So im going to start by saying that dps is absolutely pathetic, im not even sure its possible to down that encounter with such low dps. That rogue was pulling over 300k dps on most bosses so was the druid and i.

Now ill get into my specific log, im the havoc dh Srpouncealot. My dps on the raiding dummy is 245k or so, no food, pots, flask or rune. According to this log i did only 216k overall and like 138k to the boss WHILE using 2 pots, flask, food buff, and eye beam + fury of the illidari on the adds which is a huge dps boost. But hey, according to this log i didnt even use 2 pots, according to this log i only used chaos blades twice on a 6 min pull, according to this i only used meta once like 3 mins in which doesnt make sense whatsoever. Whats more, the boss died shortly after my 2nd meta so im not even sure it was a 6 min pull.

Obviously you can choose to believe what u want, but this log proves to me and everyone in that raid that combat logs are not 100% accurate, or at least warcraft logs isn't. Not all the time anyways.
    Record your gameplay and watch it back with shadow play or similar software. You will learn pretty quickly what you are doing wrong. What you're doing on a target dummy isn't even close to the way you will preform on an actual boss fight. Regardless if the logs are bugged or not make sure to watch your gameplay back as it will teach you a lot about what you're making mistakes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Im not trying to argue here, but im going to throw Warcraft Logs under the bus.

Sounds legit.

Seeing as you refuse to accept that maybe you did something wrong on this fight (please, dont compare with dummy DPS, you sound like an idiot) the log can be inaccurate due to player side problems. The log comes from the combatlog.txt and it can become corrupted with size etc. Distance can also sometimes mess up the logging accuracy.

Instead of having a whinge, accept that in some instances, things go wrong and move on.
    Im not refusing anything, the log is wrong period. I used 2 pots, i use cb on cd, i used meta twice, the dps is way off in comparison to recount. If that had been our dps, we wouldn't have downed the boss to begin with. Peace...

Im not refusing anything, the log is wrong period. I used 2 pots, i use cb on cd, i used meta twice, the dps is way off in comparison to recount. If that had been our dps, we wouldn't have downed the boss to begin with. Peace...
    You might have recount set to show active dps.

The log is showing dps including the massive downtime you get when you are running from platform to platform

Translation: I know I am wrong but I don't know how to back away gracefully so I'll just say Peace and run away.

Damage meters tend to stop recording DPS unless otherwise set if you stop attacking stuff, so you see your DPS from when you were attacking stuff but it ignores when you stop attacking stuff, which would be "effective DPS" - which is what WCL shows, which is why WCL will be lower.

You simply didn't do the things in the fight you *think* you did. The pot in your log lasted 24.649 seconds. Your pre-pot was probably in combat, so you couldn't use it later. Get your raid to stop pulling early, or use your pot slightly earlier.

Like others have said, record yourself playing (Shadowplay is great for that) and then watch yourself and find your fuck-ups.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-10-20 at 11:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can prove the log isn't bugged -

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4733&target=26
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&target=18

The boss basically took the same damage - 441M - just that your group did less damage/sec. The hunter died 2 minutes in, that's why he did 76K dps. Not WCL's fault, DPS is damage done/time.

I'm sorry bro, you are nowhere near as good as you believe yourself to be, there is nothing wrong with WCL. For example it looks like you didn't use meta on pull, you used during lust so you lost a meta use during the fight. You also didn't Chaos Blades until lust, also lost a full Chaos Blades. You didn't get a 2nd pot in, you only used 3 blurs even though it should reset your Fel Rush CD. You probably know all this shit already - I don't know what you are trying to say, that WCL is fabricating damage, events, casts in order to make you look bad?

We can go over and over the mistakes, but look at your own failings before you blame the objective tool in place to measure your failings.
    Last edited by Saybel; 2016-10-20 at 12:41 PM.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    Last 2 weeks i did 256k and 241k, now all of a sudden this week i only did 216k? No...but again im not trying to argue here, just posting a log that has absolutely nothing to do with what actually happened.
    Logs look fine to me...
    How many times were you targeted by abilities forcing you to move away from melee range this try compared to the others for example?
    Maybe you fucked up rotation/cds a bit more this time compared to the others?

Logs look fine dps looks low b.c you took 6 1/2 minutes to kill the boss meaning you get all 3 platform switches. In comparison your 241k fight only takes 4:40min and your 248k kill takes 3:39min. As far as abilities only being used a few times it actually looks from the replay you only cast them once for meta and twice for chaos blades. Sorry logs are fine time to find another excuse.

7+ Year Old Account
    First thing I noticed between your top rank fight and the linked one... You had less activity (whether it was because mechanics or not, it still affects your damage). Also, at the end of your top rank, it appears you were just coming off of a bursty bit of damage which looks nice in terms of DPS where the fight you linked had your DPS sputtering out.

Don't blame logs.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom