Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Been playing again, after some time spent in D3. I really love this game. I went back to a test city, on a custom map I made to learn how to do it, and have been using it as a sandbox to learn how to get things done. Whelp, it's at 80k now (no cheats, legit play, only a couple mods), and looking like a real city.

The only thing I hope they work on for the next DLC is getting tunnels sorted out. I miss the auto-tunnels in SimCity4, getting trains and highways through mountains is just...awkward.

Wishlist:

Better tunnels.

Area demolition. Removing train lines and highways from custom maps is beyond tedious. Put the same tools as zoning into the bulldoxer, PLEASE.

Rail/Metro interface.

Cul-de-sacs.

Under-ground power. C'mon.

Better rail tools, like switches and crossovers.

Deeper seas, higher mountains.

Ferries.

Small, municipal airports- and adding freight to the airports. We live in the age of UPS/FedEx, after all, and they have MASSIVE flight hubs.

Bigger farms.

New free DLC out - anyone still playing?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish there was a driving simulator for the cities you create

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/cities-...ural-disasters

Natural Disasters features a catalog of catastrophes to challenge mayor-players everywhere, including planning with early warning systems and emergency routes, devastating and destructive disaster effects, and caring for the populace as they struggle to rebuild. The expansion will also update Cities: Skylines with a new scenario editor and gameplay mode, allowing players to finally win – or lose – the game on their own terms.

Natural Disasters will include:

• Deep, Impactful Gameplay: Keep your city going through the devastation of several possible doomsday scenarios, from towering infernos to the day the sky exploded
    • With Great Power Comes Great Response Abilities: Plan for, and respond to, disasters using early warning systems, countermeasures, and new disaster responses such as helicopters and evacuations – finally, a Paradox game where “Comet Sighted” actually means something
    • Radio Saved the Video Game: Citizens can go Radio Ga-Ga with a new broadcast network, helping to rapidly spread evacuation warnings and emergency alerts – or simply relax to new in-game music stations
    • An Objectively Good Feature: Scenario Mode allows players to design custom game objectives, including custom starting cities, win conditions, time limits, and more – and share scenarios to Steam Workshop
    • Chirpocalypse Now: Heck yeah, new hats for Chirper

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    Good lord, what the hell... O.O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Good lord, what the hell... O.O
    Just trying to imagine what pc spec they have to do all that makes me sweat

Found out: Gtx970 and i74790k, 16gb ram.

Also, clips of it

Last edited by mmoca2c81d9292; 2016-10-20 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I wish there was a driving simulator for the cities you create
    Oh god you just made me so nostalgic about Streets of Sim City

I am having the oddest experience in the game. Every time I load my city, it randomly destroys the terrain. Whatever it is, I can delete them and it restores it, but the effect is bigger each time I load it again after xx amount of time has passed:

It's clearly related to the roads, though, funny enough. One of my streets has twisted on itself and gone underground, but I can't remove it. It seems to ribbon around my city, growing bigger as the city grows, every time I reload. I can't put anything through or around the odd issues, and I can see through it to an area of the game we shouldn't be able to visit, which include random vehicles sitting in place on a brown background.

I actually started again and same issue, it might be caused by the map.

New Disasters DLC out.

Now none of my maps work, nor do brand-new games. I just get a giant purple screen, the standard 16-color transparency purple.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is everyone enjoying the new Disasters DLC?

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like disasters start too early, I had 2 meteor strikes before I could access small shelter.

Luckily first one landed in water, so it only slightly flooded highway, but second one somehow managed to land directly on my electricity and *boom* whole city disconnected from network.

Any ideas how much that disaster frequency slider affects? I haven't touched it, so it's at middle.

Was anything added in the update worthwhile, if you don't buy the DLC? Disasters just doesn't interest me at all.

If there's some new things, I'll check it out - I got sucked into Prison Architect and Civ 6, been playing those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Was anything added in the update worthwhile, if you don't buy the DLC? Disasters just doesn't interest me at all.

If there's some new things, I'll check it out - I got sucked into Prison Architect and Civ 6, been playing those.
    I dunno, still can't play. One or more of my assets/mods causes the entire screen to just be a big magenta view. The game is still "working", just can't see anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Version 1.6.0-f4 Patch Notes

Paid content Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters Expansion

• 7 disasters:
    • - Tsunami
    • - Tornado
    • - Thunderstorm
    • - Earthquake
    • - Sinkhole
    • - Forest fire
    • - Meteor strike
    • Building fire now spreads
    • Random disasters in sandbox play
    • 5 scenarios
    • New services to counteract disasters
    • - Space Radar
    • - Weather Radar
    • - Tsunami Buoy
    • - Earthquake Sensor
    • - Firewatch Tower
    • Re-building systems for disaster aftermath
    • - Disaster Response Unit
    • - Pumping Service
    • - Large and Small Shelter
    • - Tank Reservoir
    • Helicopters for some existing services and helicopter depots
    • - Fire Fighting Helicopter Depot
    • - Medical Helicopter Depot
    • - Police Helicopter Depot
    • Planning escape routes for Shelters
    • New Chirps
    • 3 new Chirper hats
    • 6 new unique buildings and a new monument
    • 12 new Steam achievements
    • 5 new policies
    • Fresh Water Outlet (new Water Service building)

Free content for all players:

• Scenario editor and ability to share scenarios in the Workshop
    • 3 radio stations
    • Game engine upgraded to Unity 5.4
    • Load/save/new -panels now support sorting asset list by name or modification time
    • Extra buildings available also in the European theme
    • Paradox Store logo is now Steam logo
    • AssetImporter:
    • - Imported asset scaling textbox is automatically set to match template mesh size to prevent confusion with very small models
    • - Fixed preview camera showing building tiles for vehicles
    • Warnings for badly optimized or very large custom assets added
    • Sub building serialization + sub building tool in asset editor
    • Prop/tree variation serialization + asset editor tool
    • Asset importer prop/tree templates
    • Asset editor props more organized
    • Ambulance and police car siren volumes tweaked

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't bought ND yet, I kinda stopped playing shortly after After Dark was released due to other games :-/. I picked up Snowfall from last weekend' Steam sale. Really sparked my interest again! Last year I played so many hours, it's just a lovely game that makes hours go by in a blink. Started on a new map and will probably get ND if I'll get as hooked as I was last year :-)
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”