Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Wow is not very civil at times.
    *chuckles* true.

I guess that's what you get when roleplaying primitive green brutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Ironically enough hes entitled to hold that view. I agree, politeness and decency are not special treatment in civilized society but the operative word in that case is civil. Wow is not very civil at times.
    It's the internet. Common decency and politeness aren't the norm. Expecting decency and politeness (i.e, special treatment) is entitlement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Doesn't mean that it isn't, either.
    By any reasonabke standard of ethics it is.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the internet. Common decency and politeness aren't the norm.
    Any mathematical evidence to back that up or are you just trolling now?

Because in most internet communities I was/am in, people are actually behaving and are quite helpful.

OFC if you make 4chan your basic definition for "internet socialization" you might be right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    *chuckles* true.

I guess that's what you get when roleplaying primitive green brutes.
    It's far from civile even if you only play among Blood Elves or Humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Any mathematical evidence to back that up or are you just trolling now?

Because in most internet communities I was/am in, people are actually behaving and are quite helpful.

OFC if you make 4chan your basic definition for "internet socialization" you might be right.
    Lol, I should link to any thread with comments from Trump supporters.

lmao at this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, I should link to any thread with comments from Trump supporters.
    That'd only prove that intellectually challenged people manage to surf the web.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post

It's amazing how blizzard's butchery of LFR has allowed the terrible players to start seeping into real raiding
    people have been terrible at raiding and finding spots in raids regardless since long before LFR existed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    lmao at this thread
    Yeah, shuold be titled "Elitist united thread".

At OP and all others: the answer is yes. You have tools to prevent constantly playing with awful? Yes. Then is this a real problem? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Flapzy View Post
    This is not a whine thread, but more like a debate on people and their skills.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Flapzy View Post
    Enough ranting from me, what do you think? Is this generally the level of performance to be expected from people in this game? Are 95% of players just plain awful?
    And if so where can i find some decent people to play with, who are not awful?
    Then this. How can you say this is not a whine when you are whining about the players you met in a dungeon.

Not everyone is as serious or as dedicate to the game as you. To they, it is just a random past time. To you, it is a serious hobby. People play sports. Some play for fun. Some play more seriously.

Do you play sport? Do you cook? So you do DIY? How good and dedicated are you in these activities? If you are amazing at them, then apologies for the insinuation and I am amaze at how talented you at everything you do.

Stop judging, complaining and whining. You are whining, about other people being not as good as you.

It is no big question why the average "skill" of raiders is "plain awful" these days.

How their use of addons, guides and everything that tells them how to play in detail, is diminishing their skill at the exact same pace.

This is why a "badly geared" pvp player usually roflstomps "good raid geared" people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    It is no big question why the average "skill" of raiders is "plain awful" these days.

How their use of addons, guides and everything that tells them how to play in detail, is diminishing their skill at the exact same pace.

This is why a "badly geared" pvp player usually roflstomps "good raid geared" people.
    I have started doing PVP this expansion, so i am quite the proverbial noob at it, but i have the impression addons are as needed for PVP as for PVE, and also some guides and talents choice guidance, so i do not understand your reply at all.

yeah i can be rolfstomped if i am caught with the talents i use for Mythic+, or with the keybindings i also use for that, not so much if i am correctly talented and keybinded.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2016-10-20 at 12:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The time investment for research needed to be 'good' by this sites standards is massive, so yes the majority of people are really bad.

Deleted
    Then this. How can you say this is not a whine when you are whining about the players you met in a dungeon.

Not everyone is as serious or as dedicate to the game as you. To they, it is just a random past time. To you, it is a serious hobby. People play sports. Some play for fun. Some play more seriously.

Do you play sport? Do you cook? So you do DIY? How good and dedicated are you in these activities? If you are amazing at them, then apologies for the insinuation and I am amaze at how talented you at everything you do.

Stop judging, complaining and whining. You are whining, about other people being not as good as you.
    You are not wrong, but you and many others are completely unable/unwilling to see the other side. I will try to explain what I mean from my own point of view/experience:

I am very good at this game, because I enjoy doing things well in general. I am not very competetive in the "I Need to win/be the best"-sense but more like "I want to be as good as possible". I know that I cannot expect this from the general population and I don't expect it. It is also not a big problem, because I do every challenging content with friends/guildmates anyway.

But WoW is not that hard. If you participate in group content, especially more difficult content, it is totally reasonable to be expected to do your part. Not doing it well, but trying to be at least serviceable and if you suck, at least try to minimize the burden you are.

We recently did a +6 EoA with 4 guildmates and one random DPS (860 ilevel Rogue) and just barely missed the +2 chest time with the Rogue doing 160k DPS overall through the dungeon. At the end of the run, we said "Look, no offense but you should read up on your class with a guide or something so you can pull serviceable DPS in +6 mythics" and he told us that he already did that and it is impossible for him to do better. We did not flame him, because he obviously tried his best (whatever that may mean). But this player is a burden for every group in that kind of content. It may not be nice, but if you vastly underperform, don't be surprised if people get upset. That does not excuse bad language etc., but look at it from their perspective: they can do it, why can't you do it at least to a degree of 60-70% of what you should be capable of?

Then there is also players that actually sabotage groups through mistakes or won't even consider their bad performances. Mistakes happen, no problem. But if your group begs you to not pull additional packs for the 3rd or 4th time and you either cannot stop it or don't want to, don't be surprised if some people stop being kind/polite. Don't expect people to take the attitude "I really suck but I completely don't care about it as you random strangers can carry me anyway" as an opportunity to voice some constructive criticism, but rather tell you what they think of you wasting their time and effort.

Again: I don't want to excuse abusive language and no, not everyone will be or can be a top performer. But the notion that you cannot expect at least some level of competence and, especially, reasonable attitude in certain situations (= certain difficulties of content) is just ridiculous. No, you don't have to be happy with a +1 chest M+ if the random DPS in your group did 150k DPS in high level gear. And yes, you can tel lthat Person that they just ruined a possible +2/+3 run or wasted the other 4 players time by not caring about it.

And to the point of "just teach them". There is no point, because
    a) I will never ever see them again and since I am not a payed Trainer, no one can expect me to have to coach someone up to a decent Level. Plus,
    b) the response to even the kindest offers is usually (9/10 times) "Thanks, but no" (best case sceanrio) in my experience (and I used to do it a lot and mentored a lot of players in the early days of WoW, TBC especially).

It is extremely egotistical to only consider your own expectations in a group activity. This does not become less true only because it is an online activity.

The time investment for research needed to be 'good' by this sites standards is massive, so yes the majority of people are really bad.
    Is this sarcasm? Spending 10 minutes to read a guide for your class and, bonus for maximum effort, maybe 1-2 hours setting up a UI that suits you is considered "a massive investement of time"? For a game that the vast, vast majority plays for months and years with dozens of real time days spend in game? Massive? Really?

Just imagine showing up to play soccer with some people and telling them "Yeah, I could not invest the massive amount of time to even get to know the most simple rules about this, so yeah..." and then expecting them to not tell you to go fuck off.
    Last edited by mmoc8b94713eb4; 2016-10-20 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulen View Post
    The problem with this expansion is the RNG gearing & boosting. Everyone and their grandmother is being boosted in Mythic + and curve groups so they all have high ilvl/achievements but are not as experienced in refining their role like you get a lot of people doing, min/maxing etc I for one am not one of those people. I get a brief hint at what I should be looking for gear wise and just go with the flow.

You have to remember the majority of the playerbase will be classed as simply players who want to have fun and casuals but the high increase in gear obtainable means its harder to see through the veil at who are the better players in among the pool.

I sometimes join a random heroic for a WQ/Satchel and I'll start pulling small packs as usual, I've just joined and met these people so I don't know their skill or gear. If things die very fast I'll likely end up pulling additional packs to speed the process up, however pulling 3-4 packs just because that particular tank is geared may put strain on your healer keeping the group alive and cause deaths.

So I for example judge each group as and when I play with them, I won't pull the entire dungeon just because I am geared far better than the dungeon provides. Not every tank is leeroy jenkins just because he has the gear
    A few things. This isn't really directed at you, but to those people who are so extreme about gaming.

- Boosting is not so much a problem imo, but it has existed since the vanilla days and always will exist.
    - Games are not jobs. Its supposed to be fun. *GASP* Who would have thought.

Honestly. The people who play this shit like their lives depend on it need to do some soul searching. Its not just WoW either. I play Overwatch at least 4-5 hours daily (Im fortunate enough to have a job where I can play). I join team voice chat. 9/10 games I have to leave because of some rager yelling at others, telling them l2play noob or something along those lines. I could see if it was a pro player telling people this, but its gold / platinum players raging out on others.

Its no different in WoW. Don't sit here and cry about people being shitty when you can 110% absolutely prevent yourself playing with these players by finding like minded players by either a) forming statics or b) joining a guild of like minded players or c) playing with friends. There are people from every walk of life that plays WoW. Hell, my twin nieces who are 8 play WoW. My uncle, up til he lost his sight, played WoW and he is 68. They have every much a right to play the game however they see fit. They bought it. They pay a subscription for it. They can walk into a dungeon and do cartwheels if they want. Hell, some people can only do said cartwheels (like my nieces lol). Do you really expect them to be parsing numbers like some super nerd?

Either do something about your situation or quit your damned whining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    They have every much a right to play the game however they see fit. They bought it. They pay a subscription for it. They can walk into a dungeon and do cartwheels if they want. Hell, some people can only do said cartwheels (like my nieces lol). Do you really expect them to be parsing numbers like some super nerd?
    Err i also have my niece playing wow, but i have not even consider allowing her joining a dungeon with other players.
    Yeah sure she does dungeons and raids, but of past expansions, so she can do them solo and she is unkillable.
    I have bought the game and i do pay for my sub, but i do not think i have the right to allow my niece to spoil other people´s game.

Noone owes you "constructive" criticism.
    Noone owes you anything, really. Lol. Sure, you'd react better to less negative reviews, but that's your problem, not mine.

So as far as you see it, it's ok for (random example) the 500k fire mage to tell the hunter in 815 gear that his dps his shit, he's being carried, that he's a noob and after dying from standing in fire, he's a retard and should die from cancer, just because the mage doesn't have to be construtive in his critisism, not that any of those words are critisism? This is the reality for many people however, and I simply don't understand how you can sit infront of your computer and act as if "construtive critism" is on the disrection of some LFG asshole.

I'm not supersocial with b-net friends list full. I have exactly 0 friends in my real life, yet I try to behave decently and to treat others the way I myself want to be treated. Most people would do that, and indeed, most runs in heroic dungeons are completely fine
    Last edited by Faenskap; 2016-10-20 at 01:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Err i also have my niece playing wow, but i have not even consider allowing her joining a dungeon with other players.
    Yeah sure she does dungeons and raids, but of past expansions, so she can do them solo and she is unkillable.
    I have bought the game and i do pay for my sub, but i do not think i have the right to allow my niece to spoil other people´s game.
    Heh, yeah. I had a friends kid join our raids in vanilla. Basically, the toon was on follow and he only looked at what was happening on screen. Even if it was "one less player", it didn't really matter back then on the umpteenth molten core run.

Now I've met people I thought were drunk, high, or five in random dungeons etc. (walking into walls, standing idle in fights or randomly wandering into mobs). I generally will not get upset, but when it's obvious they're not willing or able to play, votekick will eventually happen. Then there's the other kind of irritant, namely "gogogogogogogogogogogogo" people and "omg can't you play, you should xxx or yyy and you're gear is shit" people. Those I just ignore (mentally), unless they get way out of line.

Personally I'm not good, but I'm willing to take things at the speed of the lowest common denominator. If that's me, then I'm ok getting kicked, but that's usually only the case in times of extreme lag or myself being drunk enough not to know my way around the dungeons/raid.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    So as far as you see it, it's ok for (random example) the 500k fire mage
    The mage is a failure for relying on a blatantly overpowered FOTM spec to carry him where balanced classes would only do 200-250k.