Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Nope he easily *is* the guy from WC3. Just his second ult, which allows you to control his two mirror images is new and has a super high skill ceiling. Seeing Grubby use them makes it look as if he was playing a different game than me...

On his 65% WR, I still don't quite get it. He feels like a somewhat stronger Zeratul, who on top can very easily take camps; but nothing about him screams 'I win two out of three games' to me.

Oh man i used the 2nd ult and its GREAT, if very difficult to use. I need to hotkey this for quicker use. The amount of deception you can pull off is amazing. Send them to scout a spot and if its safe, teleport there. Make it look like you mirror images and you're escaping. or make it look like you're faking an escape. Combined with the shadow walk mirror image clone, the shenanigans are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    He wasn't a Blademaster though...
    Hes a Warrior, and like his son after or before him....
    No, was was Blademaster in the Wc3:RoC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No, was was Blademaster in the Wc3:RoC.
    As stated later by Blizzard, for gameplay reasons. In Lore he never was a Blademaster.

I see most people picking the blink talent at 13 on Wind Walk. I prefer the extra Mirror Image. You can set up some serious mindgames with that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I see most people picking the blink talent at 13 on Wind Walk. I prefer the extra Mirror Image. You can set up some serious mindgames with that thing.
    Thats my favorite too. Especially with the second ult. where i turn around after a bit and reveal myself by striking them, then switch to the clone.

People use the blink talent def, but its much more useful offensively for a chase build.

If you have problems dealing with Samuro, I suggest Tracer with Tracer Rounds.

Deleted
    He has a bug where you can get 'stuck' unable to act for several seconds. Have it seen twice now, always when selecting the Mirror Image ult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frozen Throne possible achievement for Horde Heroes?

That would mean Rexxar, Samuro, Chen, Rokhan, and Cairne.
    For the Horde!

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...ro_in_trymode/

Super useful post over on reddit showing tons of ability interactions, this hero is stupid strong.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Frozen Throne possible achievement for Horde Heroes?

That would mean Rexxar, Samuro, Chen, Rokhan, and Cairne.
    Blizz has yet to double-dip on lvl 10 hero achieves, so I think its unlikely we will get Chen. Rexxar, Samuro, and Rokhan are more likely imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

For the love of all things holy, ban Samuro if your first-pick is in no position to pick him up. I just managed to get my hands on him in Hero League. We won 3 or 4 levels up. It was absurd.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We totally hear you all on this and we have been in game with you and experiencing it ourselves. Our goal is to release something for Samuro (along with some bug and stability fixes, some of which are causing his win rate to inflate as well) next week.

As an early JFYI we do not have plans to adjust balance for any other heroes in this patch, as we want our pro players to have a place to play while they're displaced from their regions visiting BlizzCon (live) and things look pretty good at the moment.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...ittle/d91xn53/

I think if a hero goes above 60% consistently for a couple of days, removing from ranked play would be a fine step.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't really playing him that much, I guess he is supposed to be a crossover between Zeratul and Illidan.

While Illidan is deeply rooted in his position, a force you can't shake off once it sticks to you (And of course being a great "jungler"); I think Samuro's Windwalk build can pretty much put Zeratul out of window. Sure he lacks a soft CC and excellent play making tool as Void Prison in comparison, but he can hit and run way easier and safer while also presenting this relentless chase potential AND being rather good at taking camps.

I find it incredibly broken you can run around map completely invisible at 155% movement speed (Not even counting that blink talent) after hitting level 20. So pretty much the gameplay is, you stack your trait so your next AA is a Critical Strike, leave your Critical Strike off cooldown, enter Windwalk and wait until it is about to expire before attacking, do your double Critical Strike combo (Or triple if you take that talent), use your Mirror Images to confuse enemy (Or dodge some stuff) and then just leave using Windwalk with prepared trait for next repetition. A build I am talking about: http://www.heroesnexus.com/talent-ca...dgdAAAAAAndcBA (Level 4, 7 and 10 are more or less preference).

I think they should lower cooldown on Windwalk, but make it start only once it is broken by taking damage or attacking target. He would still retain his burst combo, but he will be less safe. Also fix using Mirror Image to dodge stuff and make debuffs to remain with Samuro, it has way too much power for a basic ability. However I don't mind semi-cleanse on Illusion Master swap as you switch to a "healthy" clone.

A reddit user compiled a list of Samuro counters.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...uh_no_bladeuh/

- - - Updated - - -

Also Samuro counters:

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...muro_counters/

Deleted
    Did some tryout build tests with Samuro today. Managed to pull off a build that literally deals permanent 2k DPS on the Try-Map Dummy, has 100% uptime on Windwalk and Mirror Images, allthewhile snapshotting the images and your Crit strike just makes 800 Crits pop all over your screen like crazy. Now, considering that this is tryout and you can only test vs Bots (allthough, with this particular example, the actual hand-to-hand combat won't look much different), it's still insanely weird to see Muradin get globaled after spell shield and block were exhausted. This is pretty fucking broken. Also utilizing Illusion Master, so it's even harder to pinpoint me before I destroy my target.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    Did some tryout build tests with Samuro today. Managed to pull off a build that literally deals permanent 2k DPS on the Try-Map Dummy, has 100% uptime on Windwalk and Mirror Images, allthewhile snapshotting the images and your Crit strike just makes 800 Crits pop all over your screen like crazy. Now, considering that this is tryout and you can only test vs Bots (allthough, with this particular example, the actual hand-to-hand combat won't look much different), it's still insanely weird to see Muradin get globaled after spell shield and block were exhausted. This is pretty fucking broken. Also utilizing Illusion Master, so it's even harder to pinpoint me before I destroy my target.
    And you didn't post the build why?
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

He wasn't a Blademaster though...
    Hes a Warrior, and like his son after or before him....
    Shrug. Warcraft III's character classes are race-specific, whereas WoW's are race-agnostic. So a Blademaster is a kind of Orc Warrior in WoW terms, just like a Dwarf Mountain King is. Or how a Priestess of the Moon is a Priest.

They could probably do it. I doubt it though.

- - - Updated - - -

For the love of all things holy, ban Samuro if your first-pick is in no position to pick him up.
    It constantly amazes me how many HL teams are incapable of this level of cooperation.

Though to be clear, I don't think the ban system is an excuse for OP characters or power creep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Shrug. Warcraft III's character classes are race-specific, whereas WoW's are race-agnostic. So a Blademaster is a kind of Orc Warrior in WoW terms, just like a Dwarf Mountain King is. Or how a Priestess of the Moon is a Priest.
    Just because a medieval Knight swings a sword, it doesn't make him a Samurai and vice versa.

Blademasters are not traditional Warriors in Orc society, they use deception and magic in combination with combat finesse.