Page 39 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    nvm...............
    Last edited by mmoc6db459d202; 2016-10-18 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tread View Post
    I was just wondering is there any special weakaura for Dimensional Ripper trait proc? Don't want to miss extra charge.
    Not able to make one for you right now, but one can probably use the SPELL_UPDATE_CHARGES event.

Deleted
    https://imgur.com/ptxqJnH

Lets take this for example.

I dont exactl get it, what the scale factors mean?

The higher the number, the more important is this stat? In this case Vers > Crit > Haste > Mastery?

Does that mean he already has a lot of Mastery ?? Or is Mastery completely garbage?

My Warlock (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%c3%b4n/simple) has round about 30% haste 20% crit and 50% mastery and it still says, that Mastery has the lowest statweight? Can someone explain to me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epinephrin90 View Post
    https://imgur.com/ptxqJnH

Lets take this for example.

The higher the number, the more important is this stat? In this case Vers > Crit > Haste > Mastery?

Does that mean he already has a lot of Mastery ?? Or is Mastery completely garbage?

My Warlock (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%c3%b4n/simple) has round about 30% haste 20% crit and 50% mastery and it still says, that Mastery has the lowest statweight? Can someone explain to me?
    Mastery = trash, it's that simple. Allot of our dmg doesn't benefit from mastery. Pets/portals are a large % of our damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    Mastery = trash, it's that simple. Allot of our dmg doesn't benefit from mastery. Pets/portals are a large % of our damage.
    Does GoSac count as a Pet?
    If not, mastery may be not that bad, especially for m+?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bib View Post
    Does GoSac count as a Pet?
    If not, mastery may be not that bad, especially for m+?
    GoSac (Demonic Power) does not benefit from mastery any more.

Its previous version (WoD, MoP) did, and also gave a utility spell depending on the sacrificed demon. But then Legion happened to warlocks

Deleted
    Guys how exactly does int weigh in terms of damage gain % ?

Like 392 versatility is 1% damage increase then how much int would I need for a flat 1% damage increase? Can we simply go by stats weighs and say if 392 versatility is 1% damage then roughly 290 int is 1% damage increase ?

I have a really hard time figuring out trinkets, especially trinkets with lots of int + mediocre passive procc compared to trinkets with like mastery but good passive procc.
    The destro trinket list does help, but it seems like Int trinkets are SUPER LOW on that list compared to Spiked, arcanocrystal, shock baton, oakheart, swarming etc.

All scale factors do is take your current stats and see how much dps you would gain on average per point if you gained 1 of a particular stat up to 1000 while keeping all of your other stats exactly the same.

Which is why you'll see vers so high, because you basically have none. That's also why mastery is typically low, because you start with a decent chunk baseline. Scaling isn't super useful since it only tells you what you stand to gain if none of your stats change. As soon as your stats change your scaling changes and its not telling you what kind of gains you'd see from trading stats like reforge plots would.

To quote myself from the other thread of the person asking for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Icy veins is dated, and your looking at scaling numbers which is going to be wrong because they weren't done with your gear.

Generally speaking you want to go ilvl > haste >= crit > vers >= mastery. You want to try and maintain 30% haste 20% crit, they don't have to be exact or anything but that's a fairly healthy balance. It's totally fine to be at 27% crit and 25% haste or something, you just want to try and get as much of those as you can without sacrificing ilvl.

Jewelry is obviously going to ignore ilvl for proper stats.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    I have a really hard time figuring out trinkets, especially trinkets with lots of int + mediocre passive procc compared to trinkets with like mastery but good passive procc.
    The weigh of int isn't much above secondary stats so the difference between an int and a secondary stat trinket is mainly decided by the proc.
    Since int trincket have proc with ridiculous damages they are the worst ...

arcanocrystal brings so many secondary stat that it outweigh the passiv proc of most trinket.

Btw Spiked sims really high but you won't always be at max range

10+ Year Old Account
    In regards to Spiked Tongue, its big advantage over many proc trinkets is that damage it does is almost immediate, it is a good direct damage nuke when it procs and it helps a lot on priority adds, while many other similar trinkets will either do only partial damage or not do damage at all if target dies prematurely.

Range part exists to balance out its power really.

Deleted
    Wow....That simcraft makes me crazy...
    For information: I ONLY changed ONE Ring

Character stats: 30% haste // 19% Crit // 55% Mastery // 1% Vers.
    Sim: Haste 0.87 // Crit 0.87 // Vers 0.85 // Mastery 0.75
    Result: Haste and Crit are still your best stats!!! Go for it!

aaaand if i change the ring

Character stats: 25% haste // 22% Crit // 51% Mastery // 4% Vers.
    Sim: Crit 0.84 // Vers 0.84 // Haste 0.82 // Mastery 0.77

I dont get it...So -1st sim says, that i should go more Haste/Crit... Second says (with less haste) I should go for more crit/vers.
    The second simulation sims better with ~ 1.3k dps..can someone explain that..?

can someone explain that..?
    If you read the post I responded to your other post with a few posts up, it explains how scaling works.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    For starters, those are both dated.

Secondly, those are scale factors, which change every time you change your gear or talents or encounter situation. All scale factors tell you is if all of your stats stay exactly the same in a specific situation with specific talents, and you add up to 1000 of an individual stat, you'll gain X dps per point. The normalized scale factors (which is what you're looking at with decimal points) tells you that value relative to int, but this is in no way your own personal scale factors that you should be using as gospel because the sim wasn't done using your own gear.

If you want proper scale factors you need to sim them yourself, if you want to see how stats scale far into the future you look at plots, and if you want to see what value you'll gain from trading X stat for Y stat you need to look at reforge plots.

Generally speaking though, ilvl will beat out any difference in secondaries excluding jewelry.

Also you're pretty safe to ignore anything furty's written. It's not going to be the worst advice in the world, but there's better info out there.
    Ah, thats the post u meant.

"...because the sim wasn't done using your own gear..."

But i dont get it, sry...

So, can u tell me, whats now better for ST?

Quote Originally Posted by Tread View Post
    I was just wondering is there any special weakaura for Dimensional Ripper trait proc? Don't want to miss extra charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Not able to make one for you right now, but one can probably use the SPELL_UPDATE_CHARGES event.
    anything new on this? I have no idea how to make custom weakauras sadface, much <3

Deleted
    Wow Thank you!

The quintessence of this post is: try to get as much haste/crit as possible if you dont have to (Go)Sacrifice Itemlevel (Itemlevel = Int)??

All scale factors do is take your current stats and see how much dps you would gain on average per point if you gained 1 of a particular stat up to 1000 while keeping all of your other stats exactly the same.

Which is why you'll see vers so high, because you basically have none. That's also why mastery is typically low, because you start with a decent chunk baseline. Scaling isn't super useful since it only tells you what you stand to gain if none of your stats change. As soon as your stats change your scaling changes and its not telling you what kind of gains you'd see from trading stats like reforge plots would.

To quote myself from the other thread of the person asking for this.
    Reading through forums at AskMrRobot, the guys over there are quite adamant that Mastery is one of the highest rated stats for Destro locks.

ie.
    Int > Haste > Mastery > Crit > Vers

I am still undecided on this. Taking EN into consideration, atleast 4/7 fights will see you using GoSac + Wreak Havoc, so pet damage is not a factor, I thought that Mastery did benefit GoSac damage, if it does than the increased weightage in Mastery is justified.
    I have ran multiple sims using AskMrRobot's simulator and at my current iLVL and gear, Mastery seems to even outweigh Haste for me.

Also, a 5 / 10 iLVL increase may not necessarily be better if your swapping out haste for other secondary stats.
    Also, just to be clear, if your lower iLVL item has a socket, it is definitely not better to swap it out for something with 10 more iLVLs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I have been blessed by Mastery on almost every piece I have a total of 116%, while my Haste is a measly 20%, from my anecdotal experience this is fine really.

Of course I can't say who is right and who is wrong, but if one of source states that Mastery is great while other is horrible, then logically one of them is wrong.

My belief is that the truth is somewhere in between.

We were clearing heroic yesterday and I got the 865 Sinew which, according to my sims, is worse than 835 Baton... And then Fulmination (which I remind is a mastery proc) sims better than both Baton and Sinew :S
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    We were clearing heroic yesterday and I got the 865 Sinew which, according to my sims, is worse than 835 Baton... And then Fulmination (which I remind is a mastery proc) sims better than both Baton and Sinew :S
    Fulmination sims better than Shock Baton? What ilvl is your fulmination?

I got a really good Fulmination 865 with socket, but it feels pretty weak