Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    You can already raid or do dungeon on your own. It is called LFR and LFD. People barely work together when groups are formed this way. Might as well be playing with bots.

A new playerbase who hates group play for some reasons (schedule, social anxiety) has become very vocal these past few years and ask Blizzard to develop things tailored for them. Some single player content is ok if it's a small part of the game, but I don't see the reason to develop more solo activities than what we currently have. They should do the opposite. It's a MMO!

Exactly, most of the "casual" content of the game, which is 80% of WoW is anti social. Just because you are doing things with other people doesn't mean you communicate with them. LFR, LFG, random BGs, world quests, all of that is like playing with bots.

What WoW needs is too feel like an MMO, catering to "wah wah i don't like people in the game want to play on my corner" is the reason the game is boring and dull now. The community sucks because most people aren't able to communicate decently

Single player content is not the problem, excessive amounts of single player content will be a problem though. I'm in an active/raiding guild and there are times when I'm on and have a drive to play all night and not many people are on, we've done our raiding for the week, I've done several Mythic+ and I can level an alt or do extra content by myself, where is the harm in that?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Players like the one who made the original post that this thread is based around are some of the biggest morons I've ever encountered. This is a multiplayer game, regardless of how people want to try and delude themselves otherwise. He cries because there's players that don't want to drag his 835 I lvl toon through higher difficulties, and I'm fairly certain he's probably a facepulling, bottom of the meter feeding player. I get that there are casuals, but honestly, this game shouldn't be catered to him. He has LFR and heroic dungeons if he wants matchmaking. To want mythic matchmaking so that he can slide in and weigh down groups is something that certainly didn't deserve a blue post response
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Exactly. The kids who post here have no idea of Vanilla. In Vanilla you were grouped with other people from level 1 to level 60.
    What? No? You grouped for dungeons while leveling IF you did them. Max level is a different story but I almost NEVER grouped while leveling up my first character.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    Having more things to do on your own doesn't mean the game is going to be single player. Not making this connection between the two says a lot about the poster and post.

Good luck raiding, dungeon-ing and playing a battleground on your own.

Some single player content is always nice, but the main goal will always be group content.
    QFT /thread

I'm an achievement whore and I'm wondering how could anyone think that there is not enough solo content right now. Seriously, I don't even know what I should focus on at this point and it's 1 month into expansion already...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The solo stuff is in addition to the group stuff.
    and group stuff is definitely in addition to solo stuff

Deleted
    With the meta-achievement for dungeon achievements doanle only in Mythic dungeons, plus the introduction of Mythic+, some dungeons available only on Mythic, artifact appearence quests doable with organized groups only, I'd say that no, Wow is not turning into a solo player game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    That blue poster NEVER has a damn clue what she is talking about it but talks like "We're looking into XXXX " when in reality it's a bold faced lie and people are like "OMG you're so amazing" and I'm unfortunately not EU so I can't reply and put them all in their place.
    Lol that you can't handle being told how it is by a woman. Trump supporter I guess?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Exactly. The kids who post here have no idea of Vanilla. In Vanilla you were grouped with other people from level 1 to level 60.

you did group much more often, its true, even for random quests but you could easily level to 60 alone. Its just the mentality which has changed and blizzard which has catered to the easy mode one button for everything lobby system they have now for everything that is not mythic level. People only care about rushing to the "endgame" now so no time to group up. That stupid endgame mantra Blizzard has promoted is poison for any MMO

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Lol that you can't handle being told how it is by a woman. Trump supporter I guess?
    Well you clearly have a huge lack of reading comprehension so you must be a Bernie supporter. She never speaks the truth and is constantly proven wrong. That was the point.

But hey strawman some more please.

Have you played legion? Unless they delete raids and dungeons it's not.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's the demand of the market. With so many games offering short play sessions, mmos are staying behind. Gaming demographic is growing up and people have less and less time for their hobby while they still want to participate in it. I was always hardcore player but since I have been working full time I find it more challenging to be able to play WoW as much as I would like. Therefor, I myself welcome solo content.

WoW is a mix of minorities with different interested. While not perfect, it's doing pretty decent job answering to various interests. As long as those interests don't conflict each other I don't see a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    The reality is that most players don't want to rely on other people to play games. That may not have always been the case, but it's the case today. And even if you do try to make this argument about playing an MMO, WoW is probably one of the better single player games out there. They've ramped up the story-telling, adding voice acting to even world quests, improved professions and such. It's certainly a hybrid today. Back 10 years ago there were tons of elite quests and there was not much for a solo player to do besides leveling (which took forever).
    So you say that most players don't want to rely on other people (=play alone) but they choose play a MMORPG anyway just because the WoW solo experience is one of the best among all the single player games on the market?

I think there are currently tons of games far better than WoW if you're looking for a good single player RPG experience (with voice acting, story-telling, crafting and all).

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    lol, internet toughguy -.)
    So being factual is now a toughguy? I'd tell anyone to their face thanks.

I don't necessarily see anything wrong with making more content tailored to solo players as long as it doesn't take priority over making group content.

Until a solo player can go into EN and solo everything while its current I will not worry about it. Being able to solo outdoors stuff/old raids while LFGing for heroics and before/after raids is a good thing.

If anything Legion feels more like a proper MMO than it has in years. This is mostly down to mob multi-tagging. I don't see why horde can still tag away from alliance, and vice versa, but it's a great start. I no longer find myself wishing that all the other players would just disappear so I can finish my quests faster, and I've definitely felt that in previous expansions. Other players are now a help, for the most part, rather than a hindrance.

Deleted
    Its a problem with that CM being downright idiotic tbh.

Thankfully Watcher knows better.

That CM should be fired though. Aint got no business working on an mmo

No serious person would ever have that kind of avatar anyway

Deleted
    Legion has been as far from solo friendly than any expansion. What are you talking about? Any little tiny mention of solo is pounced upon by one certain loud group of players unfortunately influencing Blizzard making them lose the solo/casual subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    Good luck raiding, dungeon-ing and playing a battleground on your own.
    Random HC dungeon:

Queue up.
    "Hi all".
    DPS your way through trash and bosses that can't kill you.
    Collect loot.
    Before you type "thanks, bye all" the 4 others would've left already.

LFR:

Don't even get me started.

Yeah, some quality multiplayer gameplay right there