Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    We need a mod to change the thread title.
    Already set a PM to Edge, but it looks like most of this forum's mods are off-line at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, one thing that's a downer is that games being played on the tablet have framerate issues

Holy freakin shit it's awesome. I want to see the actual size to see if it's really comfortable as handheld, but since you can play with the joysticks free and the tablet on youur lap, it looks like a no-brainer for me.

Really, didn't expect something like this. Anyway i want to see some more information and specifics, and more Zelda.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Something else I noticed. Looked like no timer. WE'RE GOING BACK TO 3D MARIOS BOIZ NO MORE 2.5 BULLSHIT
    I swear to god if its not on neogaf, the same shit gets spewed here; 3D Land and World are true 3D Mario games just with a tighter level focus. I like both better than Galaxy (which is still a fucking fantastic game mind you) and I rank 3D Land in my top 5 favorite Mario games.

But yes it looks like we're getting another Mario free roaming game again which is fantastic.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Holy freakin shit it's awesome. I want to see the actual size to see if it's really comfortable as handheld, but since you can play with the joysticks free and the tablet on youur lap, it looks like a no-brainer for me.

Really, didn't expect something like this. Anyway i want to see some more information and specifics, and more Zelda.
    Can you name change this thread?

Is that good or bad? All-custom Nvidia stuff vs. AMD Hardware on PS4/Xbox, plus DX12 for Xbox/PC - why would i ever choose the NX/Switch?

Also, the whole console seems rather tiny. What hardware can actually fit in there, both the docked+portable station, and the portable part exclusively.
    If you assume that every game has to also run on the portable device exclusively, there isn't much hardware available, let alone storage space for several games.

The outdoor-multiplayer scenes were rather odd - the tiny controller with their 5 buttons, and the already relatively small hands of women in the video were already oversized. Nobody can keep up with that sort of hand aerobics for a long time, yet it kind of looked like the main focus of the announced trailer - play on your portable device with your friends, everywhere, just lacking comfortable controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Also, one thing that's a downer is that games being played on the tablet have framerate issues
    Well, i didn't expect anything different. The dock is very likely also additional "horsepower" to make games run at 1080p without fps drops, running on tablet would require downscale/less fps to make battery last a decent amount of time.

Hell i can bring it with me and play splitscreen mario kart or other co-op games which is more than enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you name change this thread?
    Unfortunately i'm not a VG forum mod
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Is that good or bad? All-custom Nvidia stuff vs. AMD Hardware on PS4/Xbox, plus DX12 for Xbox/PC - why would i ever choose the NX/Switch?

Also, the whole console seems rather tiny. What hardware can actually fit in there, both the docked+portable station, and the portable part exclusively.
    If you assume that every game has to also run on the portable device exclusively, there isn't much hardware available, let alone storage space for several games.

The outdoor-multiplayer scenes were rather odd - the tiny controller with their 5 buttons, and the already relatively small hands of women in the video were already oversized. Nobody can keep up with that sort of hand aerobics for a long time, yet it kind of looked like the main focus of the announced trailer - play on your portable device with your friends, everywhere, just lacking comfortable controllers.
    You can play games on a tiny mobile phone just fine. I recon this would work as well.

Deleted
    Already set a PM to Edge, but it looks like most of this forum's mods are off-line at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly yes, part of the constraint with the component choice used and also the inherent nature of power being delivered to the chip can only be so much unless you want to run out of battery in an hour or less, looking at how slim this handheld is, its battery doesn't seem big. The design of this has gone through a lot of compromises to achieve its mobility feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well from looks of it, the tv part looks like a screen scanner.
    I looked back at some of the early footage of the trailer, and the screen on the Switch tablet doesn't not come on until it is pulled out of the dock.

- - - Updated - - -

Figured, but I figured I'd ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post

Haha I have no idea, I don't know much about the graphic stuff. I was just sharing the link ^^

I'm waiting to know about the specifics but atm I'm pretty pumped. Maybe it's just me being a nintendo fanboy but I'll get it day one. (My last "console" was the gamecube. Since then it has only been PC or nintendo handhelds)

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, i didn't expect anything different. The dock is very likely also additional "horsepower" to make games run at 1080p without fps drops, running on tablet would require downscale/less fps to make battery last a decent amount of time.

Hell i can bring it with me and play splitscreen mario kart or other co-op games which is more than enough.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still banking on the rumor that the dock portion has another tegra chip in it and it switches to SLI mode for extra graphical power.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    You can play games on a tiny mobile phone just fine. I recon this would work as well.
    You do realise those games on mobile phones are made specifically for the platform, please put BF1 on your smartphone and tell me how well it does, and BF1 is comparable to use because its also getting released on the XB1 and PS4.

Also this has 1 redeeming feature going for it, the game cards, SDcards have utterly outclassed optical formats by a country mile, they are faster, quieter and hold more data, you might not even need to download patches to the drive of the console but directly onto the gamecard it self, SDcards can reach 256 GB or in somecases even more, even 64 GB cards are affordable.

Also, the Mario Kart footage shows King Boo, who is not in 8, and the Splatoon footage has different hairstyles. So both of those games will either be remasters or new versions.

Also, Mario Switch hype!
    Noticed that with King Boo as well. Also noticed that the actor showing the Mario game moved and then passed off 2 controllers. Co-op n64/galaxy sequel? I'm definitely sold on that.

Nintendo needs to stop creating gimmicks and start creating more then 5 good games every 10years. First the wiimote, then the wii u which was even a bigger gimmick and now this? Ontop of that I question how well this thing will even perform in terms of systemspecs considering its size but to early to judge.

I am not hyped, maybe if they announce Melee 2.0 with gamecube controller support.

Ontop of that, all their controllers post gamecube controller are uncomfortable as hell.
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2016-10-20 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Nintendo needs to stop creating gimmicks and start creating more then 5 good games every 10years. First the wiimote, then the wii u which was even a bigger gimmick and now this? Ontop of that I question how well this thing will even perform in terms of systemspecs.
    The five good games a year thing was the reason they went with this. If you actually take a look at their offerings since the launch of the Wii U and 3DS, they put out a good amount of games, but were forced to split them between two systems. This "gimmick" allows them to focus solely on one system and put out more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Nintendo needs to stop creating gimmicks and start creating more then 5 good games every 10years. First the wiimote, then the wii u which was even a bigger gimmick and now this? Ontop of that I question how well this thing will even perform in terms of systemspecs considering its size but to early to judge.

I am not hyped, maybe if they announce Melee 2.0 with gamecube controller support.
    I highly disagree. If it wasn't for Nintendo things would just stay the same.

Enjoy VR? Because Nintendo is the reason that had such a big push. This is a Gimmick that works and is useful. I want to lay down in the bedroom I take the switch with me.

If this also ends there core handheld/console split. That means the Switch will be getting all those titles and there will be more then 5 a year. Want the next Pokemon game on ur tv well the switch will have it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It looks nice and everything, but I don't think this is what Nintendo needs to come ahead of its competition in the long run. Also I think the name will again confuse the hell out of people and regular folks will think this is some kind of peripheral and not a new console.

Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    It looks nice and everything, but I don't think this is what Nintendo needs to come ahead of its competition in the long run. Also I think the name will again confuse the hell out of people and regular folks will think this is some kind of peripheral and not a new console.
    How is the name confusing? Switch as in switch from your tv to mobile, its a quite simple name. Nintendo also doesn't look at Sony and Microsoft as competition and hasn't for years.

Trailer shows what the name says....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

When it all boils down, this doesn't seem that much different than the Wii-U, just hopefully every game will be playable on the pad, and not just select games.

Other than that, the core functionality looks the same. Not sure it's enough to sway non-nintendo die hards back to the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    When it all boils down, this doesn't seem that much different than the Wii-U, just hopefully every game will be playable on the pad, and not just select games.

Other than that, the core functionality looks the same. Not sure it's enough to sway non-nintendo die hards back to the pack.
    My GF said it best and shes not a big gamer. It looks like the Wii-U but much better.