Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    The five good games a year thing was the reason they went with this. If you actually take a look at their offerings since the launch of the Wii U and 3DS, they put out a good amount of games, but were forced to split them between two systems. This "gimmick" allows them to focus solely on one system and put out more.
    Ok and that is a good reason, if this actually works for them then im all for it. What I don't get is, where is a proper pokémon RPG on a console, where is melee 2.0, where the F has zelda been? Pokemon on ds? Good games. New mario kart, good shit but thats about it as well. Smash 4 was a solid game as well. Its just not enough. They don't really listen to the people at all it feelsl ike.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Enjoy VR? Because Nintendo is the reason that had such a big push.
    Yeah man, that Nintendo VR's looking real good. Oh wait...

I'll give Nintendo motion controls, but they had nothing to do with the VR push in recent years. Their latest VR push was a giant failure in the 90s.

I highly disagree. If it wasn't for Nintendo things would just stay the same.

Enjoy VR? Because Nintendo is the reason that had such a big push. This is a Gimmick that works and is useful. I want to lay down in the bedroom I take the switch with me.

If this also ends there core handheld/console split. That means the Switch will be getting all those titles and there will be more then 5 a year. Want the next Pokemon game on ur tv well the switch will have it.
    VR is a gimmick and i'd honestly say the oculus did more for VR then nintendo. All I want is good solid games, more then 5 every bluemoon. Will see what happens, the controller looks uncomfortable as hell in handheld mode tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Ok and that is a good reason, if this actually works for them then im all for it. What I don't get is, where is a proper pokémon RPG on a console, where is melee 2.0, where the F has zelda been? Pokemon on ds? Good games. New mario kart, good shit but thats about it as well. Smash 4 was a solid game as well. Its just not enough. They don't really listen to the people at all it feelsl ike.
    They just came out with a smash game, if you expect another anytime soon its not happening. The Mario Kart game good chance is a remaster with extra features and how do you know that there isn't a F Zero in the works?

They already hinted at Metroid being in the works.

- - - Updated - - -

VR is a gimmick and i'd honestly say the oculus did more for VR then nintendo.
    The Oculus wouldn't have happen if it wasn't for Nintendo.

Nintendo started it with the Wii Motion controls and early VR kits (Oculus and others) used those motion controls for there headsets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Yeah man, that Nintendo VR's looking real good. Oh wait...

I'll give Nintendo motion controls, but they had nothing to do with the VR push in recent years. Their latest VR push was a giant failure in the 90s.
    ......No Nintendo doesn't have a VR system and you clearly didn't get the point. All the Motion controls the VR headsets use started with them using the Wii remotes. You can see it in early videos of dam near all VR kits.

So yes Nintendo had a major hand in VR push due to there motion controls.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

If they decided for some reason to put the pokémon main game on a console instead of the handheld, it would have destroyed the franchise. With the Nintendo Switch, they can finally do that without losing all the playerbase (well it depends on the price of the Switch)

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    If they decided for some reason to put the pokémon main game on a console instead of the handheld, it would have destroyed the franchise. With the Nintendo Switch, they can finally do that without losing all the playerbase (well it depends on the price of the Switch)
    Base model seems to be $300 USD and rumored bundle will be $400.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

......No Nintendo doesn't have a VR system and you clearly didn't get the point. All the Motion controls the VR headsets use started with them using the Wii remotes. You can see it in early videos of dam near all VR kits.

So yes Nintendo had a major hand in VR push due to there motion controls.

People been asking for a smash game with the engine of melee for over 14years now, instead we get casual joe's brawl and smash 4, they are good games but a HUGE audiance has been asking for something else.

VR is still a gimmick, even if for the sake of argument they did alot for starting up VR, I have yet to see a solid VR game nor does the gimmick interest me. I want a solid story, a indepth game, a good steady framerate with graphics from this century.

People been asking for a smash game with the engine of melee for over 14years now, instead we get casual joe's brawl and smash 4, they are good games but a HUGE audiance has been asking for something else.
    I think that audience is a lot smaller then what you think.

Want to know why there is no F-Zero games? because they sold like shit. Want to know why there is no Metroid games? Because they sold like shit.

Nintendo tested waters and teased about a upcoming Metroid game and guess what. If it sells like shit good chance there won't be anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Loved the Nintendo Switch, that's probably what they wanted the Wii U to be but it couldn't fulfill that.

Now, Red Dead Redemption on the other hand, that was the biggest pile of **** I've ever seen.

This gimmick also lets them put a main Pokemon game on console while still being able to put it on a handheld.

Also, GameFreak is known for being late with brining out new generations on new hardware.

GBA came out in early 2001. Ruby and Sapphire came out in late 2002.

DS came out in late 2004. Diamond and Pearl came out late 2006.

3DS came out in early 2011. Pokemon X and Y came out late 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Loved the Nintendo Switch, that's probably what they wanted the Wii U to be but it couldn't fulfill that.

Now, Red Dead Redemption on the other hand, that was the biggest pile of **** I've ever seen.
    Ya Offtopic but the trailer was meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    VR is a gimmick and i'd honestly say the oculus did more for VR then nintendo. All I want is good solid games, more then 5 every bluemoon. Will see what happens, the controller looks uncomfortable as hell in handheld mode tho.
    This "console" is a gimmick.

Its a tablet. The thing it slides into isn't the console, its just a dock to put the shitty tablet graphics on a TV and charge it. Speaking of charging it, unless Nintendo have revolutionized batteries, which they haven't, this thing will probably last like an hour or two when not plugged in, if even that. Non-gaming tablets only last like 2-4 hours playing shitty mobile games and this is a purpose built gaming tablet with I assume more powerful hardware, ie way more battery drain.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Well, I am now just hoping it'll have a great roster of games at launch. It is a definite buy for me.

How is the name confusing? Switch as in switch from your tv to mobile, its a quite simple name. Nintendo also doesn't look at Sony and Microsoft as competition and hasn't for years.

Trailer shows what the name says....
    Because you know about this. A regular person will look at this at a store and will say "Switch? Switch what? Didn't Nintendo already have a thingie with a screen on the controller? Is this just a slim version of that?"

So the game line up looks fucking great

Skyrim? I hope nintendo allows mod support where sony did not
    New Mario game

And it looks like a new mario kart/splatoon game or it's more DLC for those games because KING BOO IS BACK and THE INKLINGS HAVE NEW HAIR STYLES

And finally nintendo won't have 2 separate consoles (handheld) it'll be all in one. Let's hope there is backwards capabilities for the 3DS so people's 3DS games don't go to waste.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    Because you know about this. A regular person will look at this at a store and will say "Switch? Switch what? Didn't Nintendo already have a thingie with a screen on the controller? Is this just a slim version of that?"
    Its almost like people will learn about things via advertisement's. You know those things stores will have showing and playing. The name is fine and anyone bitching about it is just wanting to bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    I agree here. Nintendo really needs to push the marketing on this thing to make sure it's in people's minds, and they aren't too confused.

I think that audience is a lot smaller then what you think.

Want to know why there is no F-Zero games? because they sold like shit. Want to know why there is no Metroid games? Because they sold like shit.

Nintendo tested waters and teased about a upcoming Metroid game and guess what. If it sells like shit good chance there won't be anymore.
    Everytime there is a major on twitch its the most viewed game, at evo melee had the highest viewer peak, clearly the audiance is big enough. That trailer showing splatoon in that arena when this was only a few months ago https://i.ytimg.com/vi/fv98hzUUpjE/hqdefault.jpg is a misser as well.

That being said, I think you hit the nail on the head, they are looking for appeal the biggest audiance possible. The wii did that, it was cheap and fun for "everyone" but as a real gamer I feel left out. The wii u made up for that a bit but challenging games are nowhere to be found bar mario maker (and those levels are not made by nintendo.)

All that said I got my playstation, I got my PC but I do miss the snes/gamecube era. Time for me to go launch dark souls 3 again I think.
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2016-10-20 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So the game line up looks fucking great

Skyrim? I hope nintendo allows mod support where sony did not
    New Mario game

And it looks like a new mario kart/splatoon game or it's more DLC for those games because KING BOO IS BACK and THE INKLINGS HAVE NEW HAIR STYLES
    I wouldn't hold my breath on mod support.

I wouldn't hold my breath on mod support.
    Why? The game is rated M and nintendo wants to not fuck over their 3rd party support this time
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.