Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Its a problem with that CM being downright idiotic tbh.

Thankfully Watcher knows better.

That CM should be fired though. Aint got no business working on an mmo
    Agreed. Tbh a dev should have responded on that over a clueless CM.

Deleted
    I am also a seasonal player, sometimes I actively raid with a guild and sometimes I play solo. It depends if I find a guild in a desired range to play as the class and spec I planned to play. This expansion I was declined by 4 guilds because they had enough hunters so I got demotivated to try again and just play solo. Puging mythic dungeons is fucking cancer and only did in in the first two IDs. I then raided 2times EN nh clear with an openraid group but I didn't really feel motivated to do any more.

So I log in once in 2-3 days, do world quests on my 3 110 alts, fail to get legendary out of the cache and log out. WoD taught us to think twice to stall playing completely - if you did you might wondered how so many people got millions of gold average banked, how you could not do anything without a completed legendary ring and so on - so stalling WoD and coming back later didn't really work.

Deleted
    Wod was sp.Legion not that much.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Having "solo stuff" and being solo friendly are not the same things.. First of all there was no LFG as you said.. so all the dungeon content were most definitely NOT solo. and most of the "Dungeons" as you call them now were not even 5 man. Dire maul was designed as a raid in the beginning and stratholme and scholomance were 10-15 man group content which you had to wait in Org for an hour to fill. They became 5 man much later. Every "content" patch mostly brought more dungeon optimization and raids showing you the focus was towards group content.

While leveling you had to go through "group quests" to continue the story line which I made mentioned but you decided to cut it out. + you needed the exp from dungeon grinds (another group content you find in /1 in the zone or /2 in cities no LFG) to get to 60 since there weren't just enough "main solo quests" to get you to 60 on its own.

It was also a lot more costly to change specs and talents which made it MUCH more unfriendly to healers and tanks to play "Solo" which had very little damage compared to dps back then..
    I don't mean to be rude but you appear to have misunderstood the subject of the thread and they Blizz forum post it's based on. The use of the term solo isn't referring to ignoring other players, it's referring to doing solo/pug content (questing/dungeons) but not organised group content (raids, and now also mythic+ dungeons).

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    "hardly anyone raided" in vanilla is the biggest misconception ever.
    No it's really not, cast your mind back, how many of the players do you actually remember seeing in raid gear? It wasn't until the addition of LFR that the majority of the playerbase started raiding. Back in Vanilla most players stuck to solo questing and dungeons, hell raiding was so uncommon that Blizzard actually passed a dungeons quest chain to let players upgrade their dungeon sets to epic sets on par with T1.
    Last edited by caervek; 2016-10-20 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    Having more things to do on your own doesn't mean the game is going to be single player. Not making this connection between the two says a lot about the poster and post.

Good luck raiding, dungeon-ing and playing a battleground on your own.

Some single player content is always nice, but the main goal will always be group content.
    lfr and lfd say hello, battlegrounds i dont do, but i doubt theyre much different

Deleted
    You need naabs so you can be elites. You actually need these people playing the game, because otherwise it would be just like Overwatch. These solo players are actually what make MMO. You do not see strictly 5 or 20 people together in real life, most people on the streets are alone, they do not need friend to go outside, why shoud wow have that requirement? World of Warcraft is loosing the "World" part. It's not Solo vs. Group - these things actually add to each other in MMO. Why we have this world at all, we could just log straight to dungeon or raid from logon screen?

Deleted
    I wish i could have the same "feelz" of when i play Monster Hunter in WoW.
    In Monster Hunter:
    1) I feel great when i do good in a group. I feel like a pro.
    2) I enjoy learning the attack patterns of all bosses and avoid attacks and knowing when to attack
    3) I feel great helping the noobs on low level quests

If WoW could bring this feelings to the game would be perfect.
    There is something about the Monster Hunter gameplay that brings the community together. I don't know what it is

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    WoW has always been solo-friendly game. Right from vanilla launch onwards.
    If you ignore all the of the 3-5 man normal leveling experience quests, and lack of gear progression without 4 to 39 friends.

It took awhile before the single player content really started to flow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    On official forums I saw this thread:

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...page=3#post-42

and saw a blue answer in it. I expected Aerythlea to say that WoW is a MMO and content is mostly focused on group play but instead she answered :

"We're working on more activities tailored towards the solo-player. Details about solo-player activites coming in 7.1 will be revealed soon, stay tuned. "

I really don't get it. There are tons of single-player games out there and Blizzard is actually starting to cater to the people who ask for solo content in a MMORPG.

What's the point of playing a multiplayer online game if people are doing their stuff alone?
    McDonald's has a small menu of 'healthy' items for people who don't want burgers and fries. Does that mean McD's is becoming the next health restaurant chain? No. Its called variety, its called not everyone wants the same thing.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    A balance of solo play and group play is required. Forcing you to always be in a group is well dumb.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Subs will be lost because of mythic only Karazhan so there needs to be something to soften the blow.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Agreed. Tbh a dev should have responded on that over a clueless CM.
    If there's more solo friendly content coming then there's more solo friendly content coming. It's a statement of fact at this point since 7.1 is imminent.

I don't see why you people are shitting your pants like giant babies over anything that CM said in that thread.

WE can only hope.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    So being factual is now a toughguy? I'd tell anyone to their face thanks.
    Pretty pathetic to get that triggered over a video game tbh

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I don't mean to be rude but you appear to have misunderstood the subject of the thread and they Blizz forum post it's based on. The use of the term solo isn't referring to ignoring other players, it's referring to doing solo/pug content (questing/dungeons) but not organised group content (raids, and now also mythic+ dungeons).

No it's really not, cast your mind back, how many of the players do you actually remember seeing in raid gear? It wasn't until the addition of LFR that the majority of the playerbase started raiding. Back in Vanilla most players stuck to solo questing and dungeons, hell raiding was so uncommon that Blizzard actually passed a dungeons quest chain to let players upgrade their dungeon sets to epic sets on par with T1.
    first, I gave dungeons, raids, group quests from vanilla as an example since you actually have to talk and manually group with people. Like you said there was no lfr/lfg back then so it counts as organized content, sometimes it took up to an hour to get a stratholme run started, I don't see where the misunderstanding is?

Second about the raiding issue. Look, I might be wrong about it and I might just have been one of the more competitive servers back then but literally everyone in org was decked in raid gear, at least T1.. I mean when we were trying to open the gates for AQ, it was a 10 way race to which raid group was gonna run BWL under 4 hours ,was it 4 hours?, can't remember exactly to finish one leg of the quest. Thats 10 times 40 people just racing for the top raider spot in my server raiding almost every night. So when people say almost no one raided, it sounds quite funny to me. Successfully raiding, maybe not.. but a ton of people were raiding in vanilla, at least on my server. I remember I was the first shaman to get the T2 helm from onxyia and I went afk in org that night, got like 100 whispers from shamans asking for tips and rotations and onyxia tactics.. So making it sound like raids were not the main interest of vanilla doesn't make any sense based on personal experience and the patch patterns. Not even mentioning how freaking popular ZG was.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, WoW always had a huge solo content part and by the way a proper video game can be played solo, it's our character, our progression, not progressing other's character, it's our experience. WoW has a lot in common with console games. But it's obviously multiplayer too, so I don't see any problem for any kind of players.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-10-20 at 05:15 PM.

Solo is good. The majority of the playerbase does not play in raiding guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Solo is good. The majority of the playerbase does not play in raiding guilds.
    But why do solo players play WoW? I don't see the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    But why do solo players play WoW? I don't see the point.
    Why do you need to constantly be in a group with others? We all need our alone time at one point. Like I said, balance is needed.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2016-10-20 at 05:45 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Solo-content has always been offered you are getting ahead of yourself and making a big fuss when it is not necessary.