Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    The damage is there but the utility and fun factor are sorely missing.

If you look at all the cool stuff the other classes got, and then look at our pathetic spellbook, you just feel a constant, unending pull to switch mains. My DK has undead pets and a valkyr swarming the enemy, my warrior is just a visceral whirlwind of steel and gore, my new DH is just flying all over the battlefield like a pinball, and my ret gets...a 3 second mammal to ride in battle. Not to mention, the animation for Templars Verdict is basically an auto-attack. To quote Preach, "ret always feels like you're building up to something, but that something never comes."

The 7.1 Crusade and Blade of Wrath buffs aren't going to change shit. Why does everything have to be passive or REPLACE a button instead of ADDING to our existing rotation? FFS give us a reason to stay subbed Blizzard.
    Tip #1: Don't listen to Preach. He was a hardcore player and lives of that fame. He eather supplies general data available on here, data that is wrong or subjective data.
    Tip #2: If you play a class you don't like switch. It's simple. If you are not the top 1% pushing for glory and your guild wants you to play ret then you play it. In other case play what feels fun, powerfull and epic. It doesn't have to top DPS. My fury warrior feels so good. I'm at the bottom of the meters when faced with single target against people of my level of skill and gear but I still like the feel of a berserker just destroying the enemy (numbers would suggest otherwise, but those will get fixed). If you like big crit numbers, shiney effect and wrath of god coming down to mess you up then you good. Ret doesn't have alot of cool spells that have gimmicki mehanics. Most ret mehanics are buff this, increase that, hit enemy for. But to be honest I'm a long paladin fan and the animations alone could have me play the class. I agree TV could use a better animation but most is fine.
    Tip #3: It's a game. Enjoy it. If you don't like it, if it stresses you out and provides no enjoyment take a brake play other things. It's about having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    it's 35% actually, but has the potential to go up to 50% with the right relics.
    I agree... for AoE fights these are mandatory and do a significant difference in mythic+.

I hear we are OK in PvP atm too. With our spec going to the championship the 1st time in like... ever.
    For raiding if you are going with Divine storm relics over Crusade relics you are doing it all wrong

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    For raiding if you are going with Divine storm relics over Crusade relics you are doing it all wrong
    If you think i have in any part of the quote hinted at that, then you are reading it wrong.

almost seems like you have issues with the animations as much as the damage? which is fine, i do to. I love the new ones just wish there was more variety. I'd like to see more of an umpfh behind TV and blade of justice is just bad imo. As a human i miss i miss the old crusader strike one that spun around in a complete circle. I hope they add more in the future.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quite surprised by the OP. I'm really enjoying current ret, as well as it being competitive. I think it's a combination of
    - having a 2-HoPo builder makes the rotation slightly less braindead than simply having three 1-HoPo builders in a priority order
    - Crusaaaaaaaaaaaaaaade (thank God they're not changing it).

I keep seeing people say "new animations".
    But are there any?

At this point I think the class has its goods and bads. The goods are that we can be hard to kill and I find that I can really hit hard if I get to sit on an enemy. The bad for me so far is those stupid buffs that cant be cast in combat, and the fact that I have to ride a god damn elephant in battle to get anywhere. I hate that elephant. A simple glyph could fix that, but nooo there's "Class fantasy" and all that.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldonia View Post
    At this point I think the class has its goods and bads. The goods are that we can be hard to kill and I find that I can really hit hard if I get to sit on an enemy. The bad for me so far is those stupid buffs that cant be cast in combat, and the fact that I have to ride a god damn elephant in battle to get anywhere. I hate that elephant. A simple glyph could fix that, but nooo there's "Class fantasy" and all that.
    They are (or already have?) implementing a glyph for that. So Tauren and Draenei will use the Charger for DS, instead of the Kodo/Elekk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I have said multiple times that Retribution passive is the only thing keeping us competitive. But, thats on mythic. The less a group dies the worst off you are. Wich is really weird.

Of course, i do agree that the design leaves alot to be desired. In my dreams, i hope they reverted it back to WoD Ret.
    Uhh, from where do you gather ret being not competitve? it's doing very fine on priority targets/singletarget, sure not shadowpriest, and superb cleave/aoe is a bit on the avg side too, but non competitive? ill need facts

10+ Year Old Account
    Avenging Wrath: Cloak in light to levitate and move 30% faster. Holy Power spenders daze your enemy for 0.25 sec per holy power spent while Avenging Wrath is active.

Justicar's Vengeance: Undodgeable and decreases the remaining cooldown of Holy Wrath by 3 sec per holy power spent.

Retributive Justice: Temporarily bring back to life the corpses of upto 3 friendly nearby units as blessed warriors of pure light. Players brought back deal 100% additional holy damage and move 50% faster. This effect lasts 30 sec. (10 min cd, 40 yd range)

Light's Grip: (Buff/Debuff) Become one with the light for quicker displacement. Effect duration depends on the situation. (20 sec cd, 30 yd range)

*Increases your movement speed by 50% for 6 sec if linked with a friendly target (if buffed a friendly target). Intersection cancels the speed boost and grants both you and your friend an absorption shield equal to 5% of your health.

*Increases your movement speed by 100% for 3 sec if linked with an enemy (if debuffed an enemy). Intersection cancels the speed boost and causes your enemy to suffer holy damage equal to 15% of your health.

*Increases your movement speed by 75% for 6 sec if there is no target to link yourself to. (if buffed self)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Thank you everyone for your good points and discussion. At least our new Crusade can stack up to 15 times, so we will see what happens once the patch goes live.

Deleted
    New Crusade is the same as current Crusade - they reverted the changes.
    @Vuagnon:
    Avenging Wrath does not need a daze effect when we have Hand of Hindrance doing the same thing on a much shorter cooldown.
    Justicar's Vengeance and Holy Wrath are both talents, adding specific synergy to them would make either of them mandatory if other is picked.
    Retributive Justice would make stacking Retribution paladins mandatory for progress and is hilariously overpowered/broken even without a bonus damage component.
    Light's Grip is just Speed of Light with oddball situational effects and an overpowered damage effect when it is used on an enemy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Am i mistaken or are there literally a dozen melee specs available? why would i choose a ret over the rest ? for the bubble, the melee imunity and a hardcast weak heal ?
    In fairness we are probably the single most durable dps spec in PvE, as far as melee goes anyway. We can also tank for fairly long period of time if the tank dies due to a combination of Retribution buff and Eye for an Eye.

I will quite often taunt off tanks to take pressure off. It's something most melee can't reliably do.

Mobility still sucks balls though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTastix View Post
    Of all the classes you could compare to you chose the three classes without any significant utility compared to paladins.

DK's have brez, warriors get Commanding Shout and DH's have Darkness (which is trash).

Warriors and paladins are pretty close when it comes to single-target, DK's are significantly worse but have better AoE. Only demon hunters have overall more damage in all scenarios but, as said, have trash utility to make up for it.

Yeah sure we don't have a brez but you know what we do have? Bubbles, heals, and a mobility spell that doesn't suck ass.
    110% this. As a main DH with 872 and two legs that don't suck, I can do absolutely decent DPS. And pop a shroud every three minutes. Thats it. Nothing more. Nada. No utility whatsoever, outside of one AoE stun. I would love to have a Rets utility.

But it comes down to this: it's not a problem with the class. It's a problem with people and growing bored with the game. You begin to think the grass is greener with other classes. But most of the time it really isn't

Quote Originally Posted by MrTastix View Post
    Only demon hunters have overall more damage in all scenarios
    in all scenarios would have us believe the DH single target is also above of rets, which is not really true is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    If you think i have in any part of the quote hinted at that, then you are reading it wrong.
    I was using "you" in a general sense, not as in YOU

personally i play both Ret and DH (my alt), I am extremely satisfied where Ret at balance wise, we have our niche both PvE and PvP, for once we are good @ what we do ST, melee killers. Saying all that the only issue i have Ret is visual affects + engaging game play, these things do not really matter to me, hence i am maining Ret over my DH.

DH wise the balance is f awful, ST is crap, in pvp there are only 4 Dhs above 2.2k 3s which is terrible lmao, they have no real niche, no real utility/cc for pvp. BUT DHs are mad fun to play, very good visual affects and very very engaging in world game play (aka questing, wquests, casual game play), hence i play DH when I am bored.

But end of the day Ret is the spec that brings me most satisfaction out of the two, because nothing brightens my day more at WoW than being able to 1v2 nubs in rated arena , and for the 1st time Ret is going to Blizzcon, so Ret pride !
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-10-20 at 11:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunSaren View Post
    Uhh, from where do you gather ret being not competitve? it's doing very fine on priority targets/singletarget, sure not shadowpriest, and superb cleave/aoe is a bit on the avg side too, but non competitive? ill need facts
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#

That data obviously is taking into account retribution passive. So, imagine where we would be without it.

By the way, i didn't say we weren't competitive, i said we depend on retribution passive aka people dieing to be competitive.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-10-21 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slind View Post
    110% this. As a main DH with 872 and two legs that don't suck, I can do absolutely decent DPS. And pop a shroud every three minutes. Thats it. Nothing more. Nada. No utility whatsoever, outside of one AoE stun. I would love to have a Rets utility.

But it comes down to this: it's not a problem with the class. It's a problem with people and growing bored with the game. You begin to think the grass is greener with other classes. But most of the time it really isn't
    Well, at least when dealing with stunnable targets, that "one aoe stun" is generally better than all of ret's utility put together.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Ret is doing fine in both raids and mythic plus also there was a ret pala on the winning team na qualifiers 3v3. I only play ret as offspec rank 18 only but i have no trouble keeping up