Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    And I'm sure they ask you all the time to train the next generation of super cops. But you're far too busy being a vigilante and expert MMA fighter.
    Training in general is what all law enforcement agencies are looking for currently, not more APCs and tactical assault gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    If you're properly trained, it shouldn't be some monumental time-altering process, it should be second nature.
    It isn't black/white and you're talking like a Basic Trainee who just got out of his first CQC class, ie you're revealing just how green you are concerning these situations. There's a reason you train to help minimize this sort of thing, but even exceptionally strong locks and holds can be broken. Nothing quite like watching someone sacrifice an elbow or shoulder joint to keep fighting/fleeing...

Also: https://www.thebureauinvestigates.co...that-can-kill/

Pinning people while prone has resulted in tons of issues. I'm not entirely sympathetic to perpetrators that get harmed in these positions since many are scummy turds... but even "proper" pressure on concrete or similar ground can result in breathing issues, broken bones, etc. So some police forces have tried moving away from it entirely or give official caution to officers trying to use it. Training may be entirely to blame and not for lack of it, but for an adaptation of ROE that puts the officer at increased risk to cater to the fears of brutalizing the populace.

https://www.policeone.com/use-of-for...-for-suspects/

Daelak, you probably should just bow out of this one.

Training in general is what all law enforcement agencies are looking for currently, not more APCs and tactical assault gear.
    If so, it'd have to be useful training. And not from a guy who doesn't know what riot cuffs are. Doesn't know the kind of trouble people have started from the knee in the back move. And views himself as the perfect fighter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    It isn't black/white and you're talking like a Basic Trainee who just got out of his first CQC class, ie you're revealing just how green you are concerning these situations. There's a reason you train to help minimize this sort of thing, but even exceptionally strong locks and holds can be broken. Nothing quite like watching someone sacrifice an elbow or shoulder joint to keep fighting/fleeing...

Also: https://www.thebureauinvestigates.co...that-can-kill/

Pinning people while prone has resulted in tons of issues. I'm not entirely sympathetic to perpetrators that get harmed in these positions since many are scummy turds... but even "proper" pressure on concrete or similar ground can result in breathing issues, broken bones, etc. So some police forces have tried moving away from it entirely or give official caution to officers trying to use it. Training may be entirely to blame and not for lack of it, but for an adaptation of ROE that puts the officer at increased risk to cater to the fears of brutalizing the populace.

https://www.policeone.com/use-of-for...-for-suspects/

Daelak, you probably should just bow out of this one.
    These are great links because they show how much reform and training needs to go into law enforcement. You have the die-hard defenders like Dextroden, Two Nine Marine, who literally don't give a shit if a cop has enough training, if it's even the right perpetrator, they will always defend the actions of the police officer even when their own department goes against them. You can't reason with them, however you can reason with studies regarding apprehension and proper-use. These should be used as new guidelines.

Your second link actually points to the notably non-lethality of prone positioning. I for one would like to see European policing protocols used more in the US, but that would mean increasing the restrictions so not every swinging dick in the US can have access to a firearm for those strategies to work.

- - - Updated - - -

If so, it'd have to be useful training. And not from a guy who doesn't know what riot cuffs are. Doesn't know the kind of trouble people have started from the knee in the back move. And views himself as the perfect fighter.
    Useful training meaning more frequent training intervals throughout the year.

These are great links because they show how much reform and training needs to go into law enforcement. You have the die-hard defenders like Dextroden, Two Nine Marine, who literally don't give a shit if a cop has enough training, if it's even the right perpetrator, they will always defend the actions of the police officer even when their own department goes against them. You can't reason with them, however you can reason with studies regarding apprehension and proper-use. These should be used as new guidelines.

Your second link actually points to the notably non-lethality of prone positioning. I for one would like to see European policing protocols used more in the US, but that would mean increasing the restrictions so not every swinging dick in the US can have access to a firearm for those strategies to work.

- - - Updated - - -

Useful training meaning more frequent training intervals throughout the year.
    Oh man. This is getting funnier. Wrong perp and the department went against him. When did this happen? While you were putting criminals in telekinetic headlocks?

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh man. This is getting funnier. Wrong perp and the department went against him. When did this happen? While you were putting criminals in telekinetic headlocks?
    Oh were you under the impression that police departments were in lockstep with all their police officers when they used excessive force because they're all bro-bros?

Oh were you under the impression that police departments were in lockstep with all their police officers when they used excessive force because they're all bro-bros?
    Can you point one of these moments that totally happened out? I'm waiting. But will be dissappointed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you point one of these moments that totally happened out? I'm waiting. But will be dissappointed.
    Haha, I would rather keep you living in your delusional world where all police officers and LEOS live as a hivemind, blindingly defending police officers after excessive force was used, rather than living in reality, it makes you easier to laugh at.

Haha, I would rather keep you living in your delusional world where all police officers and LEOS live as a hivemind, blindingly defending police officers after excessive force was used, rather than living in reality, it makes you easier to laugh at.
    So, just like all your claims, it is more nonsense from someone who doesn't have a clue what they are saying.

Good talk.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, just like all your claims, it is more nonsense from someone who doesn't have a clue what they are saying.

Good talk.
    Do you honestly believe LEOs and their agencies don't automatically defend any case of excessive force?

Do you honestly believe LEOs and their agencies don't automatically defend any case of excessive force?
    1. You refuse to point to this ever happening on this forum.
    2. It definitely doesn't apply here.

I bet it's ninjitsu you think you are using in your youtube videos.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. You refuse to point to this ever happening on this forum.
    2. It definitely doesn't apply here.

I bet it's ninjitsu you think you are using in your youtube videos.
    Not the forum, I am talking about your stance that no matter what, police departments and other LEO agencies protect police officers after excessive force, that is wildly untrue.

You are the one that de-railed the thread by taking a sentence from another reply to another poster into this.

Not the forum, I am talking about your stance that no matter what, police departments and other LEO agencies protect police officers after excessive force, that is wildly untrue.

You are the one that de-railed the thread by taking a sentence from another reply to another poster into this.
    So you could easily point to the ones where I went against the department, right? Or is that as fake as your super authentic Katana?

15+ Year Old Account
    So you could easily point to the ones where I went against the department, right? Or is that as fake as your super authentic Katana?
    I'm not talking about you, I am talking about police departments that have condemned their fellow officers after they used excessive force; it happens all the time. You were saying that all LEOs and their agencies always protect police officers, no matter how egregious their excessive force was.

I'm not talking about you, I am talking about police departments that have condemned their fellow officers after they used excessive force; it happens all the time. You were saying that all LEOs and their agencies always protect police officers, no matter how egregious their excessive force was.
    Except the part where you called out me and marine for going against police departments. So, I'm waiting for you prove it. But still be dissappointed.

That's not his argument, it's how when someone isn't obeying simple commands that things can turn violent quickly. I have never seen a video of a cop over reacting and people saying the guy deserved it. But in those few and far between videos it's always someone defending a violent criminal resisting arrest.
    Then you aren't paying attention. People defended the Tamir Rice and John Crawford cases, for example. Both of those cases are particularly disgusting and egregious.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Then you aren't paying attention. People defended the Tamir Rice and John Crawford cases, for example. Both of those cases are particularly disgusting and egregious.
    No, you're not paying attention because I said those Tamir Rice ones are few and far between. Tamir rice was unfortunate, the 911 operator never informed the officer it might be a kid, they just said a guy with a gun was waving a gun around.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Iv never had a problem with liveleak and i use chrome.
    Don't ever flush your settings then. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

From all this I see Daelek is an extreme moron with almost no basis in reality. The perp was never fully on his stomach, the civilian got him on his knees and he kind of turned to the side NOT flat on stomach. The entire time the cop was saying give me your hands, so the guy was actively able to reach for his hidden weapon the whole time and the cop was trying to stop it. He was never under control fully for him to even get the cuffs out period. You were not there did not experience what the cop did and you HAVE no experience in anything close to this matter. Please take your ridiculous opinions elsewhere and learn that which you speak. It is painfully obvious you are full of hot air and have no clue what you are saying.

These are great links because they show how much reform and training needs to go into law enforcement.
    Reform/training? Depends on the force in question. Big city forces tend to have less and less violence training and more and more emphasis on avoiding escalation by no prone restraint, running from gun fire, no guns period, etc etc.

Training needs to be appropriate and even the forces that do solid training on restraining and so forth are going to be hesitant putting out they're upping their range practice, CQC, etc. This all gets lumped into "militarization" complaints and you get a grab bag of mismatched cops and forces. I'm fine with additional training, this case may or may not have gone differently with more assertive prone restraint, but as I already said he may be VERY well trained... and thus trained in such a way that caused this situation to worsen.

You have the die-hard defenders like Dextroden, Two Nine Marine, who literally don't give a shit if a cop has enough training, if it's even the right perpetrator, they will always defend the actions of the police officer even when their own department goes against them. You can't reason with them, however you can reason with studies regarding apprehension and proper-use. These should be used as new guidelines.
    To be fair to both Dex and Two, you ARE sugar coating the impact of solid training for sake of argument too much. That's why I said you sound like a Basic Trainee. "More training" doesn't just equate to better solutions or situations.

The second link specifically comes from a very pro-police website, which is why I picked it. I was illustrating the schism of thought on just the simple concept of prone restraint. Very pro-police folks attack the notion of fatality (not injury mind you) whereas anti-police folks focus less on deaths and more on widespread injury and increased risks, notably when used on non-perpetrators due to overzealous cops.

It isn't black/white and that impacts the training cops get, abundant or not.