Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Ah, yeah. I mean, I did just fine for my first job post-college, and I had horns implanted into my head. It was probably that whole "published multiple times over" thing combined with the fact that programming isn't exactly a career that requires you to interact with clients very often. I have a polo and a clean pair of slacks for the rare occurrence when one actually comes by my office. It's happened once in 5 years.

Oh, I was just making a hypothetical. Yeah, the only times I've met him (seen him, really...) were at conventions, so naturally he was dressed for the occasion.
    I believe, that as a general rule, it is a good idea to come to a interview with a haircut, fresh shower, and at least business casual clothing. Even if the workplace doesn't demand it in their dress code, its better to find out after you have the job than look like a fool at the interview.

Why did you even interview them?! I mean doesn't it show on their application what kind of persons they are?
    I mean I wouldn't expect a suit for an interview for a low paying front desk job (not really clear to me btw) but at least some proper clothing, and covering up excessive tattoos should be mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I believe, that as a general rule, it is a good idea to come to a interview with a haircut, fresh shower, and at least business casual clothing. Even if the workplace doesn't demand it in their dress code, its better to find out after you have the job than look like a fool at the interview.
    This I agree with. Not really sure what people are thinking either ... OP said they were 20+ so they should know better.