Page 34 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by S3ptic View Post
    I simmed my character with the latest (at the time - was a few days ago) version of simulationcraft. The numbers seemed off, I actually did more damage in the real world than what SimCraft said. And that's with imperfect play compared to SimCrafts supposed perfect rotation. I think it doesn't do the shoulders justice as it does not change the rotation to save on one Empower.
    Yeah you need this addon from Curse. Otherwise something seems to go wrong with the weapon. Last time I imported in SimC I was doing about 60k more DPS in game and now I am back under (unless I get lucky). As to the shoulders I have no idea.

Ah, I did not know about the armory thing. Used addon, numbers look better now. Still, with the shoulders SimC does not spend less time empowering, which indicates to me SimC doesn't do CD->HoG->Emp to save one cast.

Deleted
    Guys I have some questions.

What is better (considering the situation you have 4 or 5 soul shards and the procc for 2 free dreadstalkers)

- Do I cast Dreadstalkers then Hand of Gul Dan and then Demonic Empowerment or
    - Do I cast Dreadstalkers then Demonic Emporement then Hand of Gul Dan and DE again.

The first one sounds better if you ask me, but I am not an expert on demo.

- What haste do you guys feel comfortable with? I am at 35% haste buff and feel like I could handle even more.

Last question :

- Why does Simcraft have warlocks at 15000 mana regeneration per second while I only regenerate 11000 mana on live servers? It makes a huge difference with life tap and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Guys I have some questions.

What is better (considering the situation you have 4 or 5 soul shards and the procc for 2 free dreadstalkers)

- Do I cast Dreadstalkers then Hand of Gul Dan and then Demonic Empowerment or
    - Do I cast Dreadstalkers then Demonic Emporement then Hand of Gul Dan and DE again.

The first one sounds better if you ask me, but I am not an expert on demo.
    I believe Not has this covered in the guide - on "comboing" together the minion casts before casting DE. So yes, the first case. Saves you a GCD.

Quote from OP:

"Q: What is the best way to use Demonic Empowerment?
    A: The best way to use Demonic Empowerment is to try and combo your Demon summons then Empower both sets of Demons at the same time. A combo summon can be:
    Wild Imps + Dreadstalkers
    "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyoria View Post
    I believe Not has this covered in the guide - on "comboing" together the minion casts before casting DE. So yes, the first case. Saves you a GCD.

Quote from OP:

A: The best way to use Demonic Empowerment is to try and combo your Demon summons then Empower both sets of Demons at the same time. A combo summon can be:
    "
    Ah true. I mistook it for Thal Kiels Comsumption

Not I was wondering if there was anyway you could make a shadow-flame aura into a progress bar with the same hiccup sound, and a thin white line like the pandemic recast points for affliction. I've tried to make one but I just can't get it right

Melandrus ring works with pets aas?

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Melandrus ring works with pets aas?
    Safe to say that's a no.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quick Question: Got Ressurect Ritual last week and the passiv is really nice. But I had to change my rota and want a confirmation if I did it right. Since my Dreads cost no more shards and give me 2 if procc I play it the following way: Demon Bolt -> 4 shards -> if procc HoG -> Dreads -> demonic emp. if no procc ->dreads ->HoG ->demonic emp. So i wont have to wait and hope for a procc and can play them on CD.

Also: Got my 2nd legendary right now -> Pillars of the Dark Portal. Are they any good? No haste and the passiv is average at best in my opinion. Have to wait 4 days until I can use them and try my DPS at a puppet.

Cheers.

I have a question as it relates to relics should I be aiming to get relics with higher ilvl so as to get my weapon to a higher ilvl or should continue using my low lvl relics that are BiS to buff my imps damage. This has always have me confused, if I should get the higher ilvl relics for the slots and only change them out if I get my BiS relics that are the same ilvl or higher.

Yo is there a way in warcraftlogs to see your demon uptimes? I'm trying to figure out how many demons I have out for consumption during my pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by murdax View Post
    I have a question as it relates to relics should I be aiming to get relics with higher ilvl so as to get my weapon to a higher ilvl or should continue using my low lvl relics that are BiS to buff my imps damage. This has always have me confused, if I should get the higher ilvl relics for the slots and only change them out if I get my BiS relics that are the same ilvl or higher.
    There's a sim on the main post.

Deleted
    Great guide, thank you for it I would love to get more info on how much of each stat you should strive for...

Quote Originally Posted by Fyoria View Post

Quote from OP:

"
    What if it's the situation where you have 5 shards and you're deciding between these two options:

1) Cast Summon Dread stalkers and Hand of Guldan (with 3 imps) and DE them after.
    2) Cast Summon Dreadstalkers, DE, Cast DB to 4 shards before casting HoG and DE? <- You'll have 4 imps here compared to 3.

What if you're at 4 shards then? Do you summon Dreadstalkers and HoG and DE straight after?

At which point do you decide to seperately summon and empower demons or comboing them?

Quote Originally Posted by yeerk009 View Post
    What if it's the situation where you have 5 shards and you're deciding between these two options:

1) Cast Summon Dread stalkers and Hand of Guldan (with 3 imps) and DE them after.
    2) Cast Summon Dreadstalkers, DE, Cast DB to 4 shards before casting HoG and DE? <- You'll have 4 imps here compared to 3.

What if you're at 4 shards then? Do you summon Dreadstalkers and HoG and DE straight after?

At which point do you decide to seperately summon and empower demons or comboing them?
    #2 unless it's a TKC window and you already have 4 imps out, then #1.

Hello, I'm have some problems choosing some parts of my set, I have the legendary neck (779 crit + 1397 Mast) and a mythic dg neck (817 crit + 1089 haste + socket), heroic head from eye (865 ilvl - 1491 Int + 394 Haste + 986 Mast) and the arcway head(845 ilvl - 1238 Int + 860 Crit + 420 Haste) and i have the shoulders from CoS to complete the set (840 ilvl - 886 Int + 633 Crit + 310 Haste) and another shoulder (890 ilvl - 1412 Int + 471 Crit + 666 Mast), I'm running the legendary only on fights that the group takes much dmg to help the healers, and running the biggest ilvl head and shoulder, but after some tries on M Ursoc last night I had the feeling that the set was better, so now i'm confused in what to run, could any of u shed a light on this matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Kayds View Post
    Hello, I'm have some problems choosing some parts of my set, I have the legendary neck (779 crit + 1397 Mast) and a mythic dg neck (817 crit + 1089 haste + socket), heroic head from eye (865 ilvl - 1491 Int + 394 Haste + 986 Mast) and the arcway head(845 ilvl - 1238 Int + 860 Crit + 420 Haste) and i have the shoulders from CoS to complete the set (840 ilvl - 886 Int + 633 Crit + 310 Haste) and another shoulder (890 ilvl - 1412 Int + 471 Crit + 666 Mast), I'm running the legendary only on fights that the group takes much dmg to help the healers, and running the biggest ilvl head and shoulder, but after some tries on M Ursoc last night I had the feeling that the set was better, so now i'm confused in what to run, could any of u shed a light on this matter?
    Learning how to sim your character and doing so is how you answer "which is better?" gear questions. When you ask on forums, you're basically asking others to do that work for you, which currently ends up with sub-par results due to the simcraft in-game addon providing a more accurate character profile than importing from battle.net.

I have a really precise question.

Lets say that Shadowflame is at 3 seconds remaining (or whatever timing such that it is supposed to be global after next), but you have 2 shards and CD is up.

Do you
    CD
    SF
    DE

or

<wait/lifetap/SB>
    SF
    CD
    DE

Also the same question for imps, which is complicated slightly by the shard cap taking SB out of the picture. Further, if you're at full mana? I guess the question boils down to, is 1-global-late empowered Dreadstalkers worth more than: 2 globals of wasted CD recharge or a shard?
    Last edited by Joryy; 2016-10-22 at 09:34 AM.

Imp-Erator buff implosion?

I know that the destruction artifact trait that buffs imp damage transforms and buffs sac for example. Do any of the demonology traits buff implosion? Only 2 i could think off that might would be imp-erator and infernal furnace. Anyone know for sure?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S3ptic View Post
    Ah, I did not know about the armory thing. Used addon, numbers look better now. Still, with the shoulders SimC does not spend less time empowering, which indicates to me SimC doesn't do CD->HoG->Emp to save one cast.
    Why is CD -> hog -> emp, saving one cast? you only need to refresh emp every 15th sec. Am I missing something?