Account Lock due to Possible Exploit

So friend just got a Lock on his wow account over exploit.. i know him very well and he not type person to do this.. So i was wondering if anyone knows of an exploit in the game that is going on cuz like i said this person doesnt do this and we trying to figure out what it was or could be.

If he didn't do this, he wouldn't be banned.

Make a ticket. If it was a mistake then they will reverse it and if not then he was caught exploiting and the lock/ban was deserved.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    So friend just got a Lock on his wow account over exploit.. i know him very well and he not type person to do this.. So i was wondering if anyone knows of an exploit in the game that is going on cuz like i said this person doesnt do this and we trying to figure out what it was or could be.
    well there is tons of differant things he could have exploited... so what professions does he have? what classes does he have? what does he like to do?

its really just a guessing game, we would need to list every exploit here, and idoudt he would admit to any of them
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    I would advice you to stay away from these forums when it comes to issues as banned. They will throw "yeah right, he probably exploited bla bla bla..."
    However contact blizzard support, it happens from time to time where accounts that have done NOTHING wrong get banned. I believe this is because the system is partially automatic and even if it wasn't mistakes can occur.

I was locked a few years back, ticket to blizzard resolved the issue within a day or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    If he didn't do this, he wouldn't be banned.
    Mistakes from blizzards side do happen. Please don't act as if blizzard never makes mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    well there is tons of differant things he could have exploited... so what professions does he have? what classes does he have? what does he like to do?

its really just a guessing game, we would need to list every exploit here, and idoudt he would admit to any of them
    If the case is that he hasn't exploited then that's the case.
    If OPs friend is lying then that's a whole different scenario.. however treat this as a accidental ban. No reason to jump on him saying "your buddy is lying, or he did exploit but wouldn't admit to it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes the old "MY INNOCENT FRIEND GOT HACKED" routine. Let me translate it for the new people:

"I exploited WoW but im gonna say it was my friend to deflect any type of remark towards me. So I got caught and Im looking for a way to reverse this process because now I cant play any of my max level toons and i'll need to buy Legion again or wait until they lift the ban. Someone please feel bad for me and give me a miracle"

@OP Sorry you got caught. There is nothing you can do. You can wait it out or buy Legion again.

10+ Year Old Account
    A ban wave recently went out for bottling/economy manipulation, so its possible he got hit by that. I saw the post on reddit, I'll try to find it again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I would advice you to stay away from these forums when it comes to issues as banned. They will throw "yeah right, he probably exploited bla bla bla..."
    However contact blizzard support, it happens from time to time where accounts that have done NOTHING wrong get banned. I believe this is because the system is partially automatic and even if it wasn't mistakes can occur.

I was locked a few years back, ticket to blizzard resolved the issue within a day or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Mistakes from blizzards side do happen. Please don't act as if blizzard never makes mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

If the case is that he hasn't exploited then that's the case.
    If OPs friend is lying then that's a whole different scenario.. however treat this as a accidental ban. No reason to jump on him saying "your buddy is lying, or he did exploit but wouldn't admit to it."
    yeah, but even if his freind did exploit, as i said ,i doudt he would admit it
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Yea he not ban just locked.. pending investigation ...

People who said "yea right he did it" are just trolls and i roll pass the comments

Thats what we figure its a mistake. specially he hasnt played in 4 days. and got this email last night

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah, but even if his freind did exploit, as i said ,i doudt he would admit it
    Prob not to blizz cuz really who would.. but i know he didnt

Deleted
    people do occasionaly get wrongly banned, if he didn't do anything, contacting blizzard would fix it

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Ah yes the old "MY INNOCENT FRIEND GOT HACKED" routine. Let me translate it for the new people:

"I exploited WoW but im gonna say it was my friend to deflect any type of remark towards me. So I got caught and Im looking for a way to reverse this process because now I cant play any of my max level toons and i'll need to buy Legion again or wait until they lift the ban. Someone please feel bad for me and give me a miracle"

@OP Sorry you got caught. There is nothing you can do. You can wait it out or buy Legion again.
    YUp its totally me when i'm in game.. would you like me to make a toon on your server and message you.. gawd please just stop le sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Your friend's best bet is to talk to Blizzard. We can't really do anything to help, and we don't allow discussion of exploits here. On top of that, it's highly unlikely any of us can actually figure out what your friend might or might not have done to lead to their account closure. There just isn't enough information.