Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Orc or Blood elf for PVE?

As far as i know blood elf sims higher?

Are there any cons/pros to each race in pve environment over other?

this is from walkingthewind, i have a hard time believing undead is better than orc with their mini trinket lining up with serenity

Blood Elf >> Troll >= Tauren > Undead > Orc >= Pandaren

Edit: Went with orc yesterday, i think they look too sick to pass up :P Blood elf and orc simmed the highest
    Last edited by mmoc1a0e8eb5ae; 2016-10-20 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kikuhawki View Post
    As far as i know blood elf sims higher?

Are there any cons/pros to each race in pve environment over other?

this is from walkingthewind, i have a hard time believing undead is better than orc with their mini trinket lining up with serenity

Blood Elf >> Troll >= Tauren > Undead > Orc >= Pandaren
    Most parses put blood elves ahead via AT that are derrived heavily from utilizing their resource. With the nerf to a lot of racials it impacted the sims quite heavily, I haven't seen the stat weights on every single utility power vs a raw % stat such as Orc frenzy, but in most situations the Orc and troll racials stat flat % based, where as your utility power scales a little different based on new gear. I feel like most people today choose Orc for purely cosmetic reasons or depending on their class.
    I'm a Demon Hunter this expansion so my choice was basically made for me to be a blood elf.

Orc is the best race with serenity

you will regret making orc for mogs alone, belf provides aoe silence and looks significantly better
    The dps difference is so little that unless you are within very top it doesn't matter, I think belf pulls ahead though.

Deleted
    You will regret makin belf for mogs alone, orc looks significantly better.

Deleted
    Female orc has the best looking mogs in game o_o

Deleted
    Simmed my own monk (recently went from panda to belf, which at the time according to sims was 4k dps increase) out of curiosity. Standard Serenity setup. Belf and Orc are practically identical in dps. Troll like 1k less than belf/orc, undead around 2,5k behind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Orc race is best race.

Racial ability is a really nice cooldown for all specs, basically ~10% AP or Spellpower buff for 15 seconds on 2 min cd. Stun reduction is always nice, and I guess your pets do 1% more damage (SEF and cooldown pets) lol.

But the most important thing of course:

Armor looks best on female orcs, and female orcs have great animations and voice.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I love playing as Belf, most because of the Arcane Torrent.
    This gives me both good PvE (for smoother rotation) and PvP (silence) status.
    But Orc is also a good option for both of these.

I wouldn't consider any other race than two above.

Tauren may look fun with the animation.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Orc is love, Orc is life.

I hate how many of the Monk specific helmets clip into your chest for Bloodelfs.

The free chi from Arcane torrent is such a QoL thing to have, I would never play anything else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guffnat View Post
    Orc is love, Orc is life.

I hate how many of the Monk specific helmets clip into your chest for Bloodelfs.
    Something like 80% of all helmets clip into neck an/or shoulders for female Belfs since they crook their head all the time. And Male blood elves can't really use any fist weapons since all of the bigger than an actual fist clip horribly into their thighs.

Female orcs on the other hand have exactly zero clipping.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Something like 80% of all helmets clip into neck an/or shoulders for female Belfs since they crook their head all the time. And Male blood elves can't really use any fist weapons since all of the bigger than an actual fist clip horribly into their thighs.

Female orcs on the other hand have exactly zero clipping.
    If you don't like displaying shoulders then they do okay, but if you like shoulders then you're in for a lot of clipping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zajras View Post
    you will regret making orc for mogs alone, belf provides aoe silence and looks significantly better
    If I could quote Trump for a second...

WRONG!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by kikuhawki View Post
    Edit: Went with orc yesterday, i think they look too sick to pass up :P Blood elf and orc simmed the highest
    omg, dont make me reroll to Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    omg, dont make me reroll to Orc!
    Orc is my favorite race in the game easily.

My main right now is a female Orc Monk who looks fucking bad ass in her transmog gear. I have her looking like Garona with an eyepatch. I think female Orcs have the best dimensions for a female in the game. They aren't sticks like BELF chicks, or lanky like Troll chicks, or midgets like Goblin chicks, or fat asses like Panda chicks... or... a cow. They have dat booty but aren't fat, have nice muscle tone but aren't power lifters, they aren't hunched over like the males.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post

My main right now is a female Orc Monk who looks fucking bad ass in her transmog gear. I have her looking like Garona with an eyepatch. I think female Orcs have the best dimensions for a female in the game. They aren't sticks like BELF chicks, or lanky like Troll chicks, or midgets like Goblin chicks, or fat asses like Panda chicks... or... a cow. They have dat booty but aren't fat, have nice muscle tone but aren't power lifters, they aren't hunched over like the males.
    I don't know...I think you're a little biased to be honest

Because honestly I think they do have quite the biceps compared to any other female PC in the game (They're pretty muscular, but muscles on women don't scare me like most men.) and to be honest they don't have much of a ass. (I have female Orc Monk too...looking at her right now, just telling the truth.)

Well, I don't really feel playing a female character :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I don't know...I think you're a little biased to be honest

Because honestly I think they do have quite the biceps compared to any other female PC in the game (They're pretty muscular, but muscles on women don't scare me like most men.) and to be honest they don't have much of a ass. (I have female Orc Monk too...looking at her right now, just telling the truth.)
    wat.

Are you saying that you get "scared" from pixel muscles in game? Kinda weird.

Nothing in WoW scares me, but I do enjoy oogling at my character's booty tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    Well, I don't really feel playing a female character :S
    I hear you. I only have 1 female character, rest are a sausage fest. I enjoy playing as her though, so if I make another alt, it will probably be another female Orc.

Deleted

I do like the new female orcs, dare I say they look pretty cute now, but the run animation looks really stiff to me. I've noticed some people love it though, not all like the overly animated bouncy new run animations that male orcs have.

Either way if you want a monk that looks like someone who can legitimately punch the crap out of you, can't go wrong with orcs. The racials are great too!