Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Blizzard is a game developer, not a licensed medical professional.

The amount of people complaining about having to use LFG for forming Mythic groups is just baffling to me. Almost every argument boils down to:

- I can't get accepted to a group and I refuse to create my own
    - I don't want to have to interact with people beyond clicking "Join Random Dungeon"

Along with these two arguments these people will come up with any tiny excuse as to why they just can't do it.

They all want Blizzard to magically somehow correct their anxiety behavioral problems / disorders (whether real or conjured up) through some sort of video game programming.

Before I joined my current guild I was able to CREATE groups for regular Mythics as a friggin Ret DPS on average in under 10 minutes. I never once had a toxic group. No one left. No one freaked out over a single wipe. Not one instance of someone going rage crazy.

This game has been dumbed down enough as is, with that said I personally don't have a problem for a LFG queue for Mythics. I just hate to see this game broken down even further for a bunch of people with real or perceived social disorders shaping the development of a mMorpg based on their own bizarre quirks.

I can agree fully with this post that many people are so addicted they do t know how to get along without Warcraft everyday of their lives.

Your argument would make sense if the game didn't already have half of its content able to be auto queued at the push of a button

Skirms, BGs, LFR, HCs, Normals, Seasonal bosses that is.

There are good arguments for why mythic+ shouldn't be queueable , but I think normal raid and mythic 0 should be queueable. They're trivially easy and are filled with people wanting boosted in 820 gear asking for 860 players to clear content that drops 850 loot.

That said, i'm not one of these people that really has a problem with joining pugs or making groups, even if I do have social anxiety.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I can agree fully with this post that many people are so addicted they do t know how to get along without Warcraft everyday of their lives.
    this isn't really relevant at all

most of the people 'moaning' about not being able to queue to everything are the casuals that log on for a 'cheeky game of warcraft' in the space between when they need to pick up the kids and when the wife comes home. Its not the guy who plays 80 hours a week.

An example of a common argument on the Blizzard Forums:

The only real problem with Mythics is the people that have ridiculous ilvl requirements for regular Mythics. I've seen some requiring 850+ ilvl for regular mythic before.
    So.... make your own then?

If you question them why they don't create and form their own group then the excuses start rolling in. (or they never answer)

Sadly, this attitude is not isolated.

If someone has a legitimate social or anxiety disorder, they need to speak to their doctor about it, not expect a video game company to dole out virtual medication.

- - - Updated - - -

Another gem:

I've said before the group finder by design is psychologically taxing.
    lol WAT...

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

If you question them why they don't create and form their own group then the excuses start rolling in. (or they never answer)

Agreed on 'make your own' mythic0 requires basically zero tactics and extremely low ilvl (800 for dps, 810-20 for tank and healer) its basically heroic with 30% more hp and damage.

That said, thats an argument for why it should be queueable too..

- - - Updated - - -

Another gem:

lol WAT...
    At least link the thread, quote mining isn't very helpful to any discussion

People are addicted.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

If someone has a legitimate social or anxiety disorder, they need to speak to their doctor about it, not expect a video game company to dole out virtual medication.

- - - Updated - - -

Another gem:

lol WAT...
    If everyone makes their own group there would be no groups. Bad argument is bad.

Fully agree on this. And unfortunately Blizzard feels compelled to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    If everyone makes their own group there would be no groups. Bad argument is bad.
    not everyone gets declined

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Thank you for being the perfect example of what I am talking about.

These are the types of excuses that come up. Its a great example.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-10-20 at 07:15 PM.

The amount of people complaining about having to use LFG for forming Mythic groups is just baffling to me. Almost every argument boils down to:

- I can't get accepted to a group and I refuse to create my own
    - I don't want to have to interact with people beyond clicking "Join Random Dungeon"

Along with these two arguments these people will come up with any tiny excuse as to why they just can't do it.

They all want Blizzard to magically somehow correct their anxiety behavioral problems / disorders (whether real or conjured up) through some sort of video game programming.

Before I joined my current guild I was able to CREATE groups for regular Mythics as a friggin Ret DPS on average in under 10 minutes. I never once had a toxic group. No one left. No one freaked out over a single wipe. Not one instance of someone going rage crazy.

This game has been dumbed down enough as is, with that said I personally don't have a problem for a LFG queue for Mythics. I just hate to see this game broken down even further for a bunch of people with real or perceived social disorders shaping the development of a mMorpg based on their own bizarre quirks.
    While there are certainly a lot of irrational arguments going on, there is a valid one being made: Where is the benefit of restricting content to ONLY being accessible through pre-made groups/LFG? What is the downside of letting people use the matchmaking tool to experience content, if that's how they want to do it? Are they mutually exclusive, somehow? Does using matchmaking in mythic 0 and below hurting pre-made groups in mythic+ and above?

Whatever people's reasoning(psychological or not) for preferring to use matchmaking instead of LFG is irrelevant. The important thing is that there ARE a lot of people who want to use it, and very little reason to not let them.

Keep the posts on topic and leave bickering and personal attacks out of it or this will be closed.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing is that creating group on finder require less effort (and even less time sometimes) that making a bitch post on forum.

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-10-20 at 07:12 PM.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Imagine a world where you create a whine thread and someone creates a whine thread about your whine thread on another forum and in turn someone create a whine thread about that whine thread on yet another forum.

Would there eventually be a whine thread ultimately linked to the original whine thread on the original forum?

INFRACTION

Don't see the problem making groups. I have severe social anxiety.

I hit 'start group' type Blackrook Hold Mythic Normal, set the ilvl to 830 and hit start.

People join, they say hello, i sometimes respond. I summon everyone, we enter, we kill shit, we leave. The end.

No talking needed, no hellos, no goodbyes, no strats, no duties, no coordination.

Pull mobs, aoe
    Pull boss, pop cds

Theres a lot of self fulfilling prophecy shit that goes on in WoW these days.

1. I always get declined from groups
    2. So i won't even bother making my character ready to join a group
    3. Queue up anyway, get declined cause i'm not ready to join
    4. See, i told you I get declined.

Happens in BGs too and the whole "russians are impossible to beat" bullshit

1. Join up to BG
    2. See russians
    3. "no point trying, russians always win"
    4. Don't try, lose cause half team isn't trying at all
    5. "see, i told you russians always win"

Then how did Blizzard give me an abortion?

The only reason I can see people complaining about Mythic not having a queue is because they want to be carried but are hiding it behind people not wanting to invite THEM. Put in some work and people will invite you. I never hear anyone in my guild complain about not finding DPS for mythics or a shortage of tanks and healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Funny thing is that creating group on finder require less effort (and even less time sometimes) that making a bitch post on forum.

INFRACTION
    Terran I don't think Dracullus was directly stating anyone here was bitching.

He was commenting about people bitching on the WoW forum could be making groups instead of bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    There are good arguments for why mythic+ shouldn't be queueable , but I think normal raid and mythic 0 should be queueable. They're trivially easy and are filled with people wanting boosted in 820 gear asking for 860 players to clear content that drops 850 loot.
    The problem is that when you make the content queuable, you have to make it easy enough that people who rely on queuing will be able to complete it. Eventually, we're going to hit normal mode content that these people are going to have a problem with.

Take Siege of Orgrimmar as an example. Most of the fights were very easy on flex mode, right? But once you got to Garrosh (or perhaps another boss or two), you hit an organization/skill check that started to require actual communication and ability from the people in the raid. If you make it queuable, these "baddies" will start complaining just as hard as they complain about everything else and Blizzard will be forced to make changes.

Give them an inch, they'll take a mile. So, we can't give them that inch. They have all the queuable content that they need -- if they want harder content, they have to put in the work... because it's going to require it at some point. A barrier to entry is the game's way of saying, "this content might not be for you."
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu