Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Hpala>>>>>>>>>>>>>rest.
    That 200-500k extra dps from healer is so good.
    learn how to do dps, dont ask the healer to do dps. this is just BS. feeling forced to be a freaknig DD while joining as healer is just crap IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    learn how to do dps, dont ask the healer to do dps. this is just BS. feeling forced to be a freaknig DD while joining as healer is just crap IMO.
    No this is wanting to achieve higher things. Like why shouldn't the healer do dmg? Most bosses have none to very low healing needed (m+ mostly).
    Also for boosting having the healer do nice dps is kinda needed to boost +3 chests on 6,7,8. Because you can't count on the player you're boosting to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctz View Post
    Would say:

My disc is often much appreciated in mythics+, this ~100k+ dps for a healer is really noticable.
    Rdrood are good also, mobile with a battle rez.
    Rsham brings BL.
    Holy / Monks "just" heals

Can't remember of a hpal recently so don't know for them.
    I play a holy paladin in Mythic+ and at levels 2-6 I do maybe 300k dps overall and about 700-800k dps on bosses.

We certainly do more than heal.

I play a holy paladin in Mythic+ and at levels 2-6 I do maybe 300k dps overall and about 700-800k dps on bosses.
    are those real numbers or exxagerated ?

700-800k ST DPS burst only or sustained ?

is there some guide/tips for Holy pala dps ?

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

Burst only, we do the majority of our damage under 30 seconds of CDs. Those numbers assume a boss kill in about 40-45 seconds.

I'm not too sure if there is a guide at all, but if there was some interest I could certainly go in to the playstyle etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

Its possible if the fight is short enough.
    But 200k sustain is np usually.

Deleted
    As a Monk Healer i'd put Resto Druid on top of everything...

7+ Year Old Account
    I personally think it depends on the affix, your tank, and your playstyle.
    Take NA last week. We had that awful necrotic debuff. SLT from a shaman can completely negate high stacks for a short period of time. I believe hpal's can also bop this. Resto druids can talent bear affinity and taunt mobs.
    I was told for a lot of beta that rsham would be terrible with the Overflowing debuff, but I generally maintain sub 10% overhealing without trying so it was not that bad. I can see where it could go wrong with rdruid hots or disc atonement.
    If I had to pick, I would say hpal/disc are probably the strongest at 2-6. There isn't much group damage unless people are messing up, so their tank healing+dps is handy at quick runs.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    I personally think it depends on the affix, your tank, and your playstyle.
    Take NA last week. We had that awful necrotic debuff. SLT from a shaman can completely negate high stacks for a short period of time. I believe hpal's can also bop this. Resto druids can talent bear affinity and taunt mobs.
    I was told for a lot of beta that rsham would be terrible with the Overflowing debuff, but I generally maintain sub 10% overhealing without trying so it was not that bad. I can see where it could go wrong with rdruid hots or disc atonement.
    If I had to pick, I would say hpal/disc are probably the strongest at 2-6. There isn't much group damage unless people are messing up, so their tank healing+dps is handy at quick runs.
    Hots from rdruid just cancel itself out after u reach 100%, id say rdruid is best for overflowing.
    They can always top u up without risking overhealing.

I agree with drood being best for overflow, especiially since their heals are small and frequent, but this is about 2-6 anyways

a main reason for that though is there's a bug with crit and overflowing where it does like 4-6x a crit's overhealing, so sometimes as a shaman or holy priest you leave shields on people for like 600k, and I've read reports of holy paladins putting 4M overflow on their tank off 1 holy shock crit, but I've yet to see it

regardless though it's still probably the easiest +7 affix, even with it being kind of buggy

You should learn how to DPS as a healer if you want to contribute as expected of you in mythic+ dungeons. Saying that a healer shouldn't DPS is like saying the tank only needs to hold aggro and survive. It's bullshit reasoning in all terms of endgame content.

7+ Year Old Account
    And if the DPS have "learned how to do dps" you think you are entitled to continue with your suboptimal playstyle? Interesting.
    @Thread in general: I'm biased as I'm currently maining resto shaman, but it's hard to argue with the utility we bring. AoE stun, interrupt, Spirit Link Totem offering insane saving power for tanks (even through Necrotic!).

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends. I would say shams>rdruids> everything else. Paladins and monks may pull slightly ahead of priests. Shams are king though. Druids are close.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healer effectiveness really depends on group make up.

If group doesn't have a Lust, then guess which healer I'll prefer? Shaman.
    If group doesn't have an AoE stun, then guess what? Monk or Shaman pls
    If there are a lot of melees, then I'll want a healer with good stacked heals like Sham/Dru/Pally

But MOST of all, the player is 10000000000000X what makes a healer good or bad, not the class they are playing. I'll take a great Disc (who is right now ranked lowest for Mythic+) over a shitty Holy Pally (who is ranked at top) any day.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    You should learn how to DPS as a healer if you want to contribute as expected of you in mythic+ dungeons. Saying that a healer shouldn't DPS is like saying the tank only needs to hold aggro and survive. It's bullshit reasoning in all terms of endgame content.
    Depends man. Priorities. Ive been up to +5 and i havent had the need. Having said that if everything is smoothly ill through out sunfires on aoe packs sure. Ill wrath spam why not. Wrath spam is free.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Healer effectiveness really depends on group make up.

If group doesn't have a Lust, then guess which healer I'll prefer? Shaman.
    If group doesn't have an AoE stun, then guess what? Monk or Shaman pls
    If there are a lot of melees, then I'll want a healer with good stacked heals like Sham/Rest/Pally

But MOST of all, the player is 10000000000000X what makes a healer good or bad, not the class they are playing. I'll take a great Disc (who is right now ranked lowest for Mythic+) over a shitty Holy Pally (who is ranked at top) any day.
    This is key because i can tell you that bailing folks out is not much of a sustainable option anymore.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arayaa View Post

We certainly do more than heal.
    Now this I'd like to see. Any proof? Vid or log?

I have never seen a H pally out DPS an actual DPS on a fight (unless that DPS is in shit gear or a newb)

On my MW main in 665 gear, I can maybe pull 60k DPS on bosses while healing. Depends on the boss fight in question, but if I can break 50k, I'll be satisfied.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-10-20 at 09:03 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    they keep up great dot damage while healing, but their damage when there isnt much to heal is meh
    I disagree. Resto druids can 200k single target if they don't have much to heal, and with AoE, 250k+ on packs of 3 or more that can be chain stunned or where the tank has Stonebark, CW, and the full gambit of pre-HoTs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maomoa View Post
    I disagree. Resto druids can 200k single target if they don't have much to heal, and with AoE, 250k+ on packs of 3 or more that can be chain stunned or where the tank has Stonebark, CW, and the full gambit of pre-HoTs.
    Depends. I took moonkin affinity. I can switch to the chicken and spam stuff but it takes.mana and theyre also severly limiting the amount of shit i can cast while in moon chicken. Yea if everytbing is goiing smoothly but i might need that mana later. Wrath is the only freebie.
    The hammer comes down:

Aw, I do catweaving. Feral ends up building mana while you dps since it uses energy. I just bind swiftmend to one of the cat bars. It pops me out with the big instant heal, then I can WG or RG with SotF, use Essence and Cenarion Ward, refresh my Moonfire and Sunfire, and get back into cat form. Unless people are taking tons of extra damage or random damage like in NL, you can maintain a high dps.