Is 34% too high for haste?

Im wondering if haste starts to diminish at all, cause i cant find a post anywhere about it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ow/Zarr/simple

For boomkin? No. You want haste. More haste means more empowered spells.

Deleted
    haste isnt your strongest stat singletarget,, unless you have the legendary ring. haste scales rediculously into multi target, and no, there is NO haste cap for boomys, atleast not a practical one

There is a breakpoint around 33-34%, forgot about the exact one for the legendary item The Emerald Dreamcatcher.
    Which allows you to cast 1 lunarstrike between SS casts while the buff stays up.

For Resto and Boomkin, is there actually such a thing as "too much Haste" that's actually achievable this tier?

No, there isn't. Until you're getting 1.0s Solar Wraths, then you might have "too much".
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Sort of unrelated but do a sim and look at stat scaling. You might be surprised. I did mine on Light Movement and was surprised versatility won out by ~20% in my current setup over haste. Of course, that went away again later after I upgraded gear.
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2016-10-20 at 04:49 AM.

haste is your best stat in general but isn't an infinite limit. Basically to answer this question precisely run your own sims; wouldn't be surprising at all to find that some other rating has surpassed haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    haste is your best stat in general but isn't an infinite limit. Basically to answer this question precisely run your own sims; wouldn't be surprising at all to find that some other rating has surpassed haste.
    You want haste for breakpoints when you get your helm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    You want haste for breakpoints when you get your helm
    and how much is that exactly? people assume atm.

30% is a nice one to get, and 40% is even better breakpoints.

Deleted
    hmm I think i need to look up some helmet legendary gameplay.

I just don't see how its a dps increase- I fully understand that having your Main Source AP cost reduced by 25% is efficient and gives you a lot of more starsurges overall to deal dmg with.

but still its a reduction of solar wraths/empowerement stacking and requires refreshing sunfire dot again and again, and the smallest movement which you've on a lot of t he current encounters would ruin your turret stance - I just don't see how its still efficient.

I would say around 40% with the dreamcatcher personally. Infinite amounts outside of it. It only gets tricky dependent on the legendary you get. Of course I get the terrible RNG of getting the boots, useless pieces of garbage. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Anna pls View Post
    hmm I think i need to look up some helmet legendary gameplay.

I just don't see how its a dps increase- I fully understand that having your Main Source AP cost reduced by 25% is efficient and gives you a lot of more starsurges overall to deal dmg with.

but still its a reduction of solar wraths/empowerement stacking and requires refreshing sunfire dot again and again, and the smallest movement which you've on a lot of t he current encounters would ruin your turret stance - I just don't see how its still efficient.
    The helm creates haste break points, this means it gives you a certain amount you can cast before you need to starsurge again.

Gebuz has a section on it here with break points with and without heroism. It also includes a rotation around it. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...LyZW4A/preview

After two starsurges it costs only 20 AP. The goal is to generate as much AP in between the period you need to refresh it.

It most likely fall off but it creates the same concept as FoE talent. It becomes a mini game based off your haste to see how long you can keep the 50% AP reduction going. If you also take starlord it then creates an even more difficult rotation because if you hit a certain haste breakpoint would cause you to cycle solar wrath and lunar strikes at certain times to always half enough AP. It doesn't overly complicate the rotation but you need to think what empowerment is best to use in between.

If it falls off then you build up for 90 AP again to restart the train. You are still getting free starsurges in the fight which is out hardest hitting ability so even if you screw up, it is a giant increase to boomkin damage.

Most fights are not crazy movement, the majority of the time a smart use of when you move with displacer beast should be enough.

AoE fights is where it becomes a question. I would prefer the wrists on a few of the bosses over the helm..

I unfortunately got the stupid chest... Yeah for 3 extra yards on my range and the chest has no haste...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zen- View Post
    I would say around 40% with the dreamcatcher personally. Infinite amounts outside of it. It only gets tricky dependent on the legendary you get. Of course I get the terrible RNG of getting the boots, useless pieces of garbage. =(
    Could be worst, I got the god damn chest... No haste and the benefits are meh...

You still want a mix of the other stats

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    For Resto and Boomkin, is there actually such a thing as "too much Haste" that's actually achievable this tier?
    No, there isn't.
    As a resto druid I have to stop you here and say there is a "too much haste". If you stack haste as much as you can, you are going to hate yourself standing OOM 50% into the fight all the time, sorry to say. But if you have so much haste, it would be better to start stacking up some crit etc.