Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    I am not too fussed about that really, since buying 4 K blurays are not cheap or its value to me is not great, however the power upgrade was very much needed more then 4K bluray support.
    Oh me too, I'll never be a 4k blu ray man and I have an amazon fire for 4k streaming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Oh me too, I'll never be a 4k blu ray man and I have an amazon fire for 4k streaming.
    I do think its odd they excluded it non the less however though they probably wanted people to double dip on the separate 4K bluray players that they also produce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-games-machine

Great read for people, fascinated that the team sat down with AMD and looked at AMDs road map, this might be a very easy way to second guess the specs of the upcoming consoles in the future since AMD posts up their roadmap, more impressed they some how leveraged what seems to be Vegas features into this chip.

And here are people just thinking the gpu is just overlocked of the old PS4...
    I actually didn't realize that yes they just doubled the CUs which makes it perfect for backwards compatibility, in just disabling half of it in compatibility mode. At least my suspicion was right when I saw the specs they presented, guaranteed backwards compatibility with increase power.
    However was surprised with an additional 1GB DDR3 as a temporary holder for idle processes.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    However was surprised with an additional 1GB DDR3 as a temporary holder for idle processes.
    Ye, this was a pleasant surprise. Was waffling no whether I wanted to pick up a Pro or the cheaper Slim, but with the extra 1GB of DRAM the Pro is definitely looking more attractive overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just noticed this.
    One of the features appearing for the first time is the handling of 16-bit variables - it's possible to perform two 16-bit operations at a time instead of one 32-bit operation," he says, confirming what we learned during our visit to VooFoo Studios to check out Mantis Burn Racing. "In other words, at full floats, we have 4.2 teraflops. With half-floats, it's now double that, which is to say, 8.4 teraflops in 16-bit computation. This has the potential to radically increase performance."
    I didn't expect half precision per SP / variable wave fronts coming into play, as that's supposed to be a Vega feature.